Dual Birds Upgraded...

You guys seemed to ignore two things. By taking an existing dual birds and buffing them would be silly since dual bird are extremely easy to get.Secondly Dual Birds have an increased range. Same as Guld Milla.There also needs to be two variants of this supposed buffed dual birds. One for casts and one for fleshies.Demons would be sufficient with a trade off of more ata than atp. The cast version ideally to me would simply be a 9000m clone but with 150 base atp and a sacrificial of beserk. Just my two cents.

PS. Last Swan would make a better catalyst for buffing.

I can understand the desire a lot of people have for their female characters to get a female-specific toy, since the boys got one... But really, looking over what is actually getting people excited in this thread, I'm forced to make my response be as follows:

"Wait, what? Can *I* get some of that to smoke? It seems to be pretty good stuff..."

Come, folks... I mean, seriously?

So far, just going by the suggestions no one has really complained about in this thread, leaves the general concensus that y'all want new mech gun with the following criteria:

1. Female-only

2. A "little" less ATP than Psycho Raven

3. More ATA than Psycho Raven

4. ATA requirements to be 200 or less

5. A "cool" special

A gun like this is almost CERTAINLY broken already, before it even gets into play. The only thing you haven't asked for is Charge or unreduced Demon's for the special. Really, just meeting the first criteria on the list and any two of the other four would make a good gun that many players would gladly farm for. Going whole-hog after all of it (especially if it went with OP's proposed stats, nearly doubling the base DB) is just too much. All things in moderation, after all.

As for caboose's suggestion of making the ATA requirement so low the weapon is useable by Huney (and maybe others)... I am not TOTALLY against it... Just mostly.

Not that I have anything against caboose, Huney's, or HU-classes in any way; it's just that I feel it would be a complete violation of the spirit of the game to make any of the best guns (and this would be one, giving it all 5 criteria)availale to anyone who isn't a RA-class. Guns are the ENTIRE point of playing a RA, and powerful ranged weapon combat should be their niche and theirs alone. I'm not complaining I can't use a Red Sword or DF on my RAcast, HU's shouldn't complain about not getting to use my guns; that's all.

That being said... If the requirement was low enough that it could be reached, BUT still high enough you'd need a custom mag to do so, I'd be fine with it. If there's some kind of sacrifice needed to offset the huge advantage you're getting, that's fine. If you need to make a 5/45/150/0 mag (or something else similarly DEX-heavy, that's just the first example that came to mind) in order to use the gun, then I think you can have it. You'd have to think long and hard about whether it was worth 1) raising a new mag for use JUST with one weapon, and 2) the multi-level hunt to get the parts to make the gun in the first place. Or maybe even just a requirement that can be met with 4 Heavenly/Arms... That's still a sacrifice, not being able to use your units. (How good is that gun without a Cent/Battle or V101, anyway? :P )

And now, after all that, MY suggestion for a gun like this, lol. :P

This Name Still Being Debated Birds

Female-Only

ATP: 300-350 (Max +20)

ATA: +30

ATA Requirement: 215

Special: ?

As for the special... Among the base abilities, I would personally like Gush, Geist, or Demon's, as I have Vulcans with them and use them regularly. (And if we could add something from the "unique" abilities some rares have, I'd like the special to be a Hard attack with rifle range.) Berserk and Charge would be extremely OP, elemental and King's are all crap, Arrest and Chaos are better on shots/needles for crowd control... Which doesn't leave much among the basic abilities, and I doubt adding an S-Rank ability or many of the "unique" ones would really be that great on a Mech gun. Mechs don't usually work well with Hell, in my experience. Maybe if it were unreduced? And, for God's sake, PLEASE don't give it Divine Punishment! There's enough guns with that already, lol! :D

Are we playing the same game? Do you understand max stats? 4 centurion arms and a 195 dex mag will still not change the fact that HUnewearl's ATA caps out at 209, instead of 210 (The requirement for last swan). Male HUs ALREADY GET PSYCHO RAVENS, THE OP GUN ALREADY EXISTS, we're asking for a balanced alternative for female characters, including rangers, to keep them relevant.

Hunewearl has the lowest ATP of any HU. Therefore, allowing them to use decent mechguns, with lower ATP than Pyscho Ravens, with a lower class ATP than any other HU, but you're telling me that this weapon idea is broken...

Someone mentioned that "oh but Last Swan is easy to get..."

The item that is difficult to obtain would be Psycho Black Crystal or equivalent event item, not the original gun you were transforming.

I think this weapon is a great idea.

"I can't use a Red Sword or DF on my RAcast, HU's shouldn't complain about not getting to use my guns; that's all."

LOL I hardly think any set of mechguns on a hunter would compare to either of those weapons on a racast. If we were asking for a hunter DM, maybe you'd have an argument that's plausible. I don't think anyone here is asking for a mechgun that's superpowered WITH a hardcore special, it's either one or the other and we get that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually if you would read I never asked for a new special, and my gun had lower ATA, and had anywhere from 100-150 less ATP

Actually, no. If you go back and re-read, you'll see I was making an open response to the entire thread's suggestions to that point, not your original suggestion alone. IMO, your original idea wasn't bad, and could be pretty good with a little tweaking. (Most of my objections came from the wave of "great but let's get this on it, too!" that followed.)

And Talisien, you are correct, Hunters shouldn't have the best guns in the game. However, mechguns were made with the design of exploiting the hunter's naturally high base ATP. This is why I feel as though the stronger pair of mechs being usable by hunters may not be a bad idea. The nature of the weapon fits hunters. HUnewearls essentially have charge vulcans or a Last Swan for mid-range combat. That's about all I can see. People will argue type mechs, but those are entirely too rare xD

I understand Mechs are supposed to be an 'every class' weapon... But I still feel the top few items of each category of gun should be Ranger-exclusive, and -regardless of its place in the game as a whole- the gun prposed in this thread would be one of the best Mechs in the game. Either that, or go whole-hog the other way, and start making more Swords, Katanas, and Dual Swords that my RAcast can use. :P

"I can't use a Red Sword or DF on my RAcast, HU's shouldn't complain about not getting to use my guns; that's all."

LOL I hardly think any set of mechguns on a hunter would compare to either of those weapons on a racast. If we were asking for a hunter DM, maybe you'd have an argument that's plausible. I don't think anyone here is asking for a mechgun that's superpowered WITH a hardcore special, it's either one or the other and we get that.

It's not the same as that cause, those are the top tier weapons Dual Birds are just something nice that aren't worth using that could be

Those were just the first two Swords that came to mind while I was writing, lol. I should have clarified I wasn't comparing them directly in a weapon-versus-weapon way, but simply in their exclusivity to a class... Sorry!! :onion-head27: