Online Launcher ULTIMA

Larva

Lee has create a new launcher for ultima. the launcher replace the default online.exe and wonline.exe. said this we dont longer user this two launcher.

the launcher now choose the correct exe of the game based on you saved from options. so if you saved widescreen, the launcher will launch the widescreen version fo the game, if you saved normal, start game launches normal. It also include a button for our main website. The launcer also patch the exes in case that it has to be patched from the .pat files.

the new online.exe and option.exe are now in the autpatch of the game. you will get this when you connect to the server.

post-2-0-38971900-1361153715_thumb.jpg

credit for the launcher software are for Lee.

and the image credits are for Kajex.

Español

Lee ha creado un nuevo lanzador para ultima. El lanzador remplaza el ejecutable original online.exe y wonline.exe. Dicho esto no necesitamos mas estos lanzadores.

El lanzador ahora escoge el ejecutable correcto basado en tus opciones guardadas. Asi si tu usabas pantalla ancha, lanzador ejecutara la version de pantalla ancha del juego. si tu usas modo normal de pantalla el lanzador ejecutara el modo normal. esto tambien incluye un boton para nuestro sitio official. El lanzadortambien parcha los ejecutables en caso de q necesiten ser actualizados desde el . pat

El nuevo ejecutable online y opciones son ahora auto parchables conseguiras esto al conectarte al servirdor

post-2-0-38971900-1361153715_thumb.jpg

creditos del el programa lanzador son para LEE

y por la imagen son para kajex

Edited by serverus
  • Like 3

Oh, is the new VIRUS SHIELD: Volt Opt a permanet item? The event im refering to is the new shield drop; I see it as an event.

We planned it in as the valentine event, but then the server got a bit buggy so it got delayed. Normally it won't drop permanently but only during a specific amount of time. Although we could make it an epsilon or vol opt drop... x)

• Like 1

One thing of note I've noticed with the new exe files guys you might want to be aware of, my Norton Security Suite/Antivirus keeps flagging the damn files for quarantine, even after I re-downloaded them. Be aware and set up your antivirus to exclude them from detection so they won't delete/move/quarantine the files if you run into this problem folks.

Nice work on the new splash screen by the way. :onion-head11:

The online.exe is packed and does a crc check and overwrite of the pso exe's if they are found to be different from the pat files, so yeah it's going to be flagged, and the option.exe access's your registry so save and load options and is also packed and will get flagged.

Their is nothing intentionally harmful in either (not discounting bugs if any).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've made a change to the loader system now to allow use of multiple language item text files, now the additional languages aren't live yet because i don't have the spanish and portugues files needed that larva wanted me to use.

How it works:

Options.exe has been updated with a new option called language:

languages.png

This also allows you to use your own unitxt by selecting custom and placing your unitxt_j.prs in your data folder named as myunitxt.pat

the loader will do the rest.

The loader now informs you which language setting is active currently, and also which files it has patched if any.

Anyway for the too lazy to read:

Basically this lets you have spanish, portugues or your own names for all your items (when it's all fully live).

Español

He echo unos cambios en el lanzador ahora te permite usar varios idiomas para el juego español, ingles y portuguese

como funciona:

el ejecutable de opciones biene con una opcion de seleccion de lenguage :

languages.png

esto tambien te permite usar tu propio unitxt selecionando y poniendo tu unitxt.prs en tu carpeta data nombralo como myunitxt.pat

el lanzador ahora te informa cual lenguage esta en uso y tambien que archivos necesitan parcharse si lo requieren

Edited by serverus
  • Like 2

Btw if anyone has some up to date spanish or portugues language files for ultima (very unlikely) i wouldn't mind a copy.

Also feel free to request additional language support if you are able to provide the translations.

• Like 1

i've updated the online.exe now as well, if anyone has any issues let me know:

onlinezq.png

Oh cool, new online.exe. Thanks Lee! :onion-head11: