Challenge mode BUG Guidelines

Larva

the cmode just came up and says its fully stable but i was going through it with my friend and we werent getting any xp and there were no drops period and if we used a monomate we would dc so yeaaaah

and scapes are bugged, switches are working though lol

Thanks for the reports we will check that.

the cmode just came up and says its fully stable but i was going through it with my friend and we werent getting any xp and there were no drops period and if we used a monomate we would dc so yeaaaah

Stage, characters, etc please. Also how many monsters did you kill? The DAR is heavily reduced for cmode for enemies so if you weren't getting many drops that would be the reason why.

stage first room forest, quest 1c1 , any user who use a monomate got DC . i just dc 1 minute ago XD the monomate was in my inv, i got hit then use it, after 1 minute of game, so i didn't kill nothing

the monomate was in my inve so ..

Edited by Larva

stage first room forest, quest 1c1 , any user who use a monomate got DC . i just dc 1 minute ago XD the monomate was in my inv, i got hit then use it, after 1 minute of game, so i didn't kill nothing

the monomate was in my inve so ..

Did you replace the quest files with the ones that I sent you? Sounds like it's not detecting what stage it is at all which would account for exp and inventory issues. Doesn't explain drops though.

Did you replace the quest files with the ones that I sent you? Sounds like it's not detecting what stage it is at all which would account for exp and inventory issues. Doesn't explain drops though.

hmm lemme double check,.. i think i did. i let you know by pm

EDIT

ok my bad new quest's running and no more dc with monomates and exp is working fine.

Edited by Larva
Fix, monomate.

So I just ran into a really strange glitch.

pso1313133026.jpg

Sesilou was at the guild counter in this picture...I entered the warp to go to the boss and he warped to the guild counter.

He said he cant move or anything

So I just ran into a really strange glitch.

pso1313133026.jpg

Sesilou was at the guild counter in this picture...I entered the warp to go to the boss and he warped to the guild counter.

He said he cant move or anything

Did he perhaps take a screenshot before warping? Sometimes when you take a screenshot while in a cmode stage it will warp you back to Pioneer 2 and you won't be able to do anything. It's actually a bug with the client and not the server...

No he didn't but he said he got a white message that was blank and then warped.

Is there any way that a screen shot from a game before could possibly effect him? He did take one in the run before this one.

Edited by Veriemas

I second this, here's my pic.

5klr20.jpg

Here's some things to notice 1) My time froze. as you can see I'm at the guild but in veriemas's pic I'm supposed to still be there

I cannot move

and 2) challenge mode drops WAY too many TP materials, just look at my TP. I'm like a Force XD

I second this, here's my pic.

5klr20.jpg

Here's some things to notice 1) My time froze. as you can see I'm at the guild but in veriemas's pic I'm supposed to still be there

I cannot move

and 2) challenge mode drops WAY too many TP materials, just look at my TP. I'm like a Force XD

Well, as for the first it sounds very very similar to what I described, even though you didn't take a picture; it's possible that there are other causes for the same bug and you got unlucky. For the second, I'm going to guess that you found ~6 TP mats? While not very likely it is still possible, since tool rates are boosted from boxes...if it were to happen again on another run through I would say it's an issue, but you should generally see a lot of mat drops in cmode anyways. Perhaps you just got lucky in this case and they were mainly TP mats.

I just found out he did take a screen shot but the warp was several minutes delayed. Wouldn't a glitch like that happen instantly though?

Edited by Veriemas

I just found out he did take a screen shot but the warp was several minutes delayed. Wouldn't a glitch like that happen instantly though?

You know, I'm not entirely sure what causes it, or how exactly it manifests itself; it's something that exists in the client and I'm not sure whether it was on the official servers or not. I know Schtserv has the issue as well. Personally it's never happened to me on there but I've heard of it happening, and it's usually very infrequent. It's possible that it's only triggered by warping between areas but I'm not too sure.

You know, I'm not entirely sure what causes it, or how exactly it manifests itself; it's something that exists in the client and I'm not sure whether it was on the official servers or not. I know Schtserv has the issue as well. Personally it's never happened to me on there but I've heard of it happening, and it's usually very infrequent. It's possible that it's only triggered by warping between areas but I'm not too sure.

Im asuming this only happens in challenge mode right? cuz after 3 years of running this server is the first time that we hear about this bug XD.

• 8 months later...

this has happened 5 times. So we know this Error/bug is 100% true and not a falt.

Character Class: All classes ( i've repeatedly tested this, with the prescence of GM Freedert)

Player slot: 1st player, 3rd player, and 4th player,

General nature of the bug: Upon starting C2(Stage5) West Tower- It comes to my knowledge that you had edited Challenge mode or the creator had misplaced alot of spawns, ( my info comes from the gamecube's Challenge mode)- if they are not the same placements please tell me.

So Continueing on. ReconBox (A)-(G), and Recon dolls, if you deal any damage to them, sooner or later when you level up in challenge mode your character will be reset to level 6 -Defualt level of Caves on Episode 1 C1(Episode 1) Stage 2 (Caves).

My first guess was, hmm maybe it's because they completed C1 (Stage 1) than suddenly came to C2(Stage 5), but than the problem repeated 4 more times.

I will upload screen-shots in a while after, I find another team to see if the bug continues.