Rules update about addons

We have decided to forbid the use of certain addons that give very questionable powers to the players.

• Reading quest register values: being able to access information that is normally not accessible from the game easily gives an abusable exploit to the game, such as the ability to predict what randomized reward will drop in some quests.
  • Rare monster reading: being able to predict which enemies are going to be a rare one from the start gives an unfair advantage to farmers.
  • Player inventory scanning: privacy violation.

The use of these addons will result in action against your account, up to a permanent ban.

These rules can be found in the guidelines.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Dw 1

Will the community need to make another item reader that doesn't have the functionality of looking into player inventory's, or can we continue to use the same reader that you've posted on the lua add-ons thread?

50 minutes ago, Soly said:

We have decided to forbid the use of certain addons that give very questionable powers to the players.

• Reading quest register values: being able to access information that is normally not accessible from the game easily gives an abusable exploit to the game, such as the ability to predict what randomized reward will drop in some quests.
  • Rare monster reading: being able to predict which enemies are going to be a rare one from the start gives an unfair advantage to farmers.
  • Player inventory scanning: privacy violation.

The use of these addons will result in action against your account, up to a permanent ban.

These rules can be found in the guidelines.

I only ever heard of the Item reader being able to scan other players' Items, but knowing what monsters will spawn In the whole quest? :onion-head49:

Ā {also what's the difference between Item 1 & 2? :rf-08: }Ā 

Ā 

If only I knew, farming egg Rappies would have been easierĀ :onion-head82:

Ā 

4 minutes ago, Kotta said:

Ā 

Also, does that mean Monster Reader Is banned? :o

28 minutes ago, Crank said:

Will the community need to make another item reader that doesn't have the functionality of looking into player inventory's, or can we continue to use the same reader that you've posted on the lua add-ons thread?

By default my item reader addon does not allow to read other player's inventories, it has to be modified to allow for such behaviour.
So you can keep using it, if you have a modified version, I'd recommend getting the latest version from my github repo.

23 minutes ago, Kotta said:

I only ever heard of the Item reader being able to scan other players' Items, but knowing what monsters will spawn In the whole quest? :onion-head49:

Ā {also what's the difference between Item 1 & 2? :rf-08: }Ā 

Ā 

If only I knew, farming egg Rappies would have been easierĀ :onion-head82:

Ā 

The rare monsters are decided when the "room" is made, and that's sent to the client, so it is possible to read that and know if the current room is a good one to farm specific rare monsters.
That's what we are not allowing here.

The idea between 1 and 2 is about the same, just different application (quest registers vs rare monsters).
Ā 

21 minutes ago, Kotta said:

Also, does that mean Monster Reader Is banned? :o

So far, no... what the monster reader does (mainly) is show you the monsters in the room you are in, that's different from the addon to read the rare monsters at any point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Werhakon said:

Are the default settings from your Monster Reader bannable then?

Having trouble understanding the part about rare monsters

No.

Soly's monsters reader only allows you to see the monsters that already spawned in your area, which is fine.

Ā 

I guess an exploit example will help better understanding what such rare monsters reader is about.

Ā 

1) I want to farm Limiters and know it is 1/2 from Kondrieu on Redria (so guaranteed during HH)

2) I make a room and start Point of Disaster on Ultimate

3) Before I even put step on Ragol, my rare monster reader tells me which boss I am going to encounter at the end of the run

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  a) If "Shambertin": type /lobby and repeat from step 2

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  b) If "Kondrieu": play the quest until the boss and get a guaranteed run Limiter

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So basically, if we've been using your addons as (I assume) most people have been using them, Soly, we should be fine, I suppose, since I was completely unaware of the fact that you could do such things. Asking just to be safe.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

So basically, if we've been using your addons as (I assume) most people have been using them, Soly, we should be fine, I suppose, since I was completely unaware of the fact that you could do such things. Asking just to be safe.

Forreals i dont even know either

theres add on that can figure or tell what kind of monster about to respawn or re-apppeared or dropped rare

i just wanna play with friendly people im not super tactics or all that crazy add on or anything

Ā 

just start up pso and play i mean like Double click the Pso BB Ultima and Login

but if someone has a program that literally reads everything when entering the room or questĀ 

thats NutsĀ 

Ā 

i dont need to be that good in the game - i just wanna play and if i find stuff - i find - if i dont - I DontĀ 

im all good with that except december event lolĀ 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

Yes, it should be totally fine. You'd have to modify Soly's add-on or download another to be breaking the new rules. Personally, I've seen the third item (the one where you can see other players' inventory) used more often than the other two, and it was normally used as a ''noob checker'' to either avoid playing with some players due to suboptimal gear or down right make fun and ridicule said players. Good riddance.

Edited by bobshlibidich
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kind of hard for me to fabricate, butĀ how can you know someone Is using said modified addons? :onion-head49:Ā 

Different from someone who, for example:< quad logs with Individual drop style, one can tell by looking at the room In lobby and pressing "tab" to see the available Info (players In room; room's drop style; how long the room has been up; etc.), If you knowĀ  If someone Is quad logging or not :rf-03:Ā >,Ā Any player In-game can't tell who Is using those modified addons,Ā and much less tell who Is using addonsĀ :cc-surprised:Ā [unless of course they say soĀ :cr-what:]

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Kotta said:

Kind of hard for me to fabricate, butĀ how can you know someone Is using said modified addons? :onion-head49:Ā 

Different from someone who, for example:< quad logs with Individual drop style, one can tell by looking at the room In lobby and pressing "tab" to see the available Info (players In room; room's drop style; how long the room has been up; etc.), If you knowĀ  If someone Is quad logging or not :rf-03:Ā >,Ā Any player In-game can't tell who Is using those modified addons,Ā and much less tell who Is using addonsĀ :cc-surprised:Ā [unless of course they say soĀ :cr-what:]

Ā 

Ā 

Don't want to go too deep (or any depth at all) but the addons as well as other tools have to work in a certain way to read things and so on.
We'll take certain measures too, but we'll see how things go with the new rules.

• Like 1