What music do you listen while playing PSO?

Peppons

Sound of the game ( you can try personnalized OGG but plz for your ears safety, ALWAYS mute the sound in lobby, i'm serious because it's about your mental and auditory health ), ambient musics, fighting theme ( from many OST, both animés and video games ), lively and rhythmic musics, sometimes trance and electronical stuff ( not much thought because it gives me headaches quickly lol ).

• Dw 1

With sounds of the monsters in the game being very important keys to success, especially when you have no line of sight of them, I actually prefer NO music.

Being alert of clues of one's surroundings is always paramount to survival.

I have all game sounds muted and jam out to some tunes on youtube.  My taste swings quite a bit, but I like EDM, Country, Rock, and Orchestral while playing.  Here's my playlist.

6 minutes ago, Trigunman said:

With sounds of the monsters in the game being very important keys to success, especially when you have no line of sight of them...

Try hard :cr-hate:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Try hard :cr-hate:

Considering I'm a person who has lived with 90% hearing damage in my left ear along with tinnitus from the age of 13, one thing I've learned from that experience is that hearing what's truly important, becomes all that more paramount, in life and by association, gaming.

Besides, thanks to the tinnitus, I listen to music ALL THE TIME to drown it out.(and make my own on guitar/bass ^_^)

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sylph777 said:

Sound of the game ( you can try personnalized OGG but plz for your ears safety, ALWAYS mute the sound in lobby, i'm serious because it's about your mental and auditory health ), ambient musics, fighting theme ( from many OST, both animés and video games ), lively and rhythmic musics, sometimes trance and electronical stuff ( not much thought because it gives me headaches quickly lol ).

I really like the original songs, not all of them but some are very, very, very good! After some farming, they start to be boring though lol

29 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I have all game sounds muted and jam out to some tunes on youtube.  My taste swings quite a bit, but I like EDM, Country, Rock, and Orchestral while playing.  Here's my playlist.

Cool, gonna check them out later!

38 minutes ago, Trigunman said:

With sounds of the monsters in the game being very important keys to success, especially when you have no line of sight of them, I actually prefer NO music.

Being alert of clues of one's surroundings is always paramount to survival.

I actually need musics in games! I just get bored without it... Maybe not in some games yeah, but usually that's a must!

28 minutes ago, Trigunman said:

Considering I'm a person who has lived with 90% hearing damage in my left ear along with tinnitus from the age of 13, one thing I've learned from that experience is that hearing what's truly important, becomes all that more paramount, in life and by association, gaming.

Besides, thanks to the tinnitus, I listen to music ALL THE TIME to drown it out.(and make my own on guitar/bass ^_^)

Sorry to hear that.... Ops sorry again :ph34r:

By the way, if you're looking for the very best OST musics in all kind, try these names, you'll find jewels :

- Yoko Kanno ( a true genius, she worked on movies, animés and video games soundtracks such as cowboy bebop, macross frontier, wolf's rain, escaflowne, ghost in the shell, uncharted waters etc... she has lot of classical musics, many very studied, complex and progressive pieces ).

- Yasunori Mitsuda ( to put simply, the king of jrpg's music to me, he made the OST of the fantastic xenogears, chrono trigger/cross and also kid icarus, inazuma eleven, radical dreamers, shadow hearts, xenosaga I, and he also collaborated to many pieces of xenoblade 1 & 2 and more... ).

- Yoko Shinomura ( as mitsuda is the king, she's just the queen with OST like xenoblade 1 & 2, legend of mana, kingdom heart, street fighter 2, parasite eve, last ranker, radiant historia, final fantasy 15, super smash bros brawl, super mario RPG... she's incredible ^^ ).

- Nobuo Uematsu ( no need to mention the well know uematsu, popular for his works on most final fantasy games, the last story, lost odyssey, blue dragon, ergheiz etc... ).

- Koji Kondo ( kondo is also very popular with most zelda and mario games, starfox 64, pilotwings.. ).

- Jeremy Soule ( pretty good OST like secret of evermore, baldur's gate dark alliance, neverwinter nights, morrowing/oblivion/skyrim etc.. ).

- David Wise ( the famous composer of the incredible donkey kong country trilogy on the snes <3 but also diddy kong racing, donkey kong tropical freeze, starfox adventure, yooka laylee.. )

- Motoi Sakuraba ( lot of pretty good OST from him, such as the series of valkyrie profile, star ocean, shining force, baten kaitos and most of "tales of" games ). 

- Noryuki Iwadare ( less famous but i appreciate his works alot... especially on the series of grandia, lunar, langrisser, growlanser and radiata stories ).

- Kenji Yamamoto ( most metroid games, dragon ball Z ultimate battle 22, super smash bros wii U, donkey kong country returns, punch out.. ).

- Grant Kirkhope ( pretty cool stuff with banjo kazooie/tooie, perfect dark, goldeneye, donkey kong 64 etc... ).

- Yuki Kajiura ( she made lot of very good and epic OST of animés like sword art online, madoka magica, tsubasa chronicles, mai hime, noir, chrono crusade, pandora hearts, the garden of sinners and in some games like xenosaga, and most HACK games, she's also the principal composer of the famous group "kalafina", if you don't know what i mean, google it ).

And less significant but still good :

- Hiroyuki Sawano ( known for his OST of attacks on titan, seven deadly sins, kill la kill and Xenoblade X ).

- Harry Gregson Williams ( he's mostly into movies musics but he also made the OST of most metal gear solid, which are pretty good ).

- Yutaka Minobe ( the composer of the the magical skies of arcadia and also panzer dragoon ).

- Masato Nakamura ( sonic on genesis ).

- Hiroki Kikuta ( secret of mana 1 & 2, koudelka )

- Michiru Yamane ( most castlevania games and suikoden 3 & 4 )

Also, i'm not in cinema at all but if you like epic musics, look for Hans Zimmer, Vangelis and Thomas Bergersen ^^

Edited by Sylph777
  • Like 3

This is a sample of what I may listen to when burying the baddies here and on PSO2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peppons said:

I really like the original songs, not all of them but some are very, very, very good! After some farming, they start to be boring though lol

Sorry to hear that.... Ops sorry again :ph34r:

I agree, alot of the BGM for PSOBB was well done, it easily sits in the audio mix for me most of the time, there's only a few times I'll ever have to whip out the /vol command.

Ahhh, no need to apologize Peppons, just looking for understanding, not sympathy, besides...

What happened then was a long time ago, you'd be amazed though with what you can tolerate over a very long period of time.

Some good suggestions Sylph, I'll check those out sometime when I need something else to listen to other that my own music archives.

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylph777 said:

By the way, if you're looking for the very best OST musics in all kind, try these names, you'll find jewels :

Thanks! Gonna check them out later with Lemon's playlist!

1 hour ago, Grimoire Greys said:

This is a sample of what I may listen to when burying the baddies here and on PSO2.

Sounds great, not exactly my genre but it's actually not bad on this game, smooth af!

44 minutes ago, Trigunman said:

What happened then was a long time ago, you'd be amazed though with what you can tolerate over a very long period of time.

Now you're making me even more curious.

I'm a big fan of "Two Steps from Hell" for OST style music.  Plus they have A TON of it.

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

I'm a big fan of "Two Steps from Hell" for OST style music.  Plus they have A TON of it.

Yes ! thomas bergersen ;) My favourite album is probably "illusions". Surely very epic musics.

I am partial to Archangel, but I don't have Illusions so I'll have to check it out.