Swapping models

EDEN

I have tried to swap models through exporting the model through AFS manager and swapping with the item I want, but it isn't working (at all).

Anyone had any success with this? It would be quite dope to figure out how to do this

• Like 1

yes, @Shiva did it at some point.  I'll go and try to dig up his stuff if it's still around.

EDIT:

Seems he took down most of his stuff, which is a shame.  But I was able to find this video tutorial on swapping bits of models with other bits.  (He's swapping RAmar's head onto Momoka or something).  I couldn't really follow, but it might help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv-fhdNihzs

Edited by Lemon

15 minutes ago, Lemon said:

yes, @Shiva did it at some point.  I'll go and try to dig up his stuff if it's still around.

EDIT:

Seems he took down most of his stuff, which is a shame.  But I was able to find this video tutorial on swapping bits of models with other bits.  (He's swapping RAmar's head onto Momoka or something).  I couldn't really follow, but it might help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv-fhdNihzs

http://speedstar1.wixsite.com/speedstar/skins all of his skins are now on this website, but there aren't any tutorials on how to do it

Also, I don't know if this was before when you could just afp patch the files and roll with it, whereas now the files get overwritten when you start up the launcher. 

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

I'm mainly trying to swap mag models and weapon models. 

1 hour ago, Soly said:

You need to export your prs files, and put them in \data\items\texture or \data\items\model

Yeah I've done that, the models never swap, nothing happens.

I load the itemtextureep4 or itemmodelep4 file, find the correct file I want, export the files as .prs, rename to the correct file (like rename File 371 Gael Gil to File 359 or 361 for Sato and Nidra), and put into the appropriate texture or model folder, nothing happens in game. 

The same method always works for the textures of whatever item I'm swapping, but never the model.

Edited by EDEN

10 minutes ago, Soly said:

Where did you get those numbers?

Gael Giel model is 347 and Sato's 335

That is probably why.. The model numbers must be different from the sites skins I'm referencing. No friggen wonder. Didn't even think about it. Well I probably have a bunch of random items remodeled lmao. Ill retry it and see what happens. Thanks Soly

Well... to be fair I didn't include the model or texture numbers in the item wiki list and in each mag they are wrong (not wrong but they need to be adjusted).
I am looking into that right now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Soly said:

Well... to be fair I didn't include the model or texture numbers in the item wiki list and in each mag they are wrong (not wrong but they need to be adjusted).
I am looking into that right now.

Oh I see...

4 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Well, I did it.....

pso1526437246.png

I got it to work as well, just needed the right model ID.

Just now, Soly said:

Ok.
I have fixed my SQL export and also added the model/texture numbers in the mag list

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/items&type=3

Awesome, thanks Soly