Influence the next Magatama Update !

Aether89

Magatama Next Features  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Features you would like to see implemented First in Magatama ?

• Feeding Stats Preview
    • Next Evolution Preview
    • Programmable Mass Feeding
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/08/2018 at 03:59 AM

Magatama has reached a point where quality of life improvement are now the next steps. Also i am unsure with which idea to first implement.

So you the community and users of Magatama will decide the features that will be added in the next updates. The others one will be in a subsequent one.

Stats Preview.

Have a Preview of what change feeding an items will have on your Mag Stats.

Evolution Preview

Have a Preview into what the mag will evolve with the current stats.

Programmable Mass Feeding

Be able to Mass Feed a mag by selecting the order of each items. 

example .

antidote 5

monomate 1

monofluid 2

antidote 1

Other
This is your suggestions, if more than one another poll will be held with the most recurring idea

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Syzygy said:

Fixing the >100 quantity bug.

If you input more than 100 into the feed button, it will stay locked at 100.

ex: Choose 500 monomates, press feed, only feeds 100 monomates

It actually isn't a bug rather it the limit that it is set to, partially as that the default value of numerical up and down and design choice.

Still i can increase it to 1000 or can leave it at 100 but allow it to modified in the settings.

Edited by Aether89

34 minutes ago, Aether89 said:

It actually isn't a bug rather it the limit that it is set to, partially as that the default value of numerical up and down and design choice.

Still i can increase it to 1000 or can leave it at 100 but allow it to modified in the settings.

Wouldn't just not capping the spinner be the better way to go about it?
Doubt anyone would input a really big number there but still...

@Soly it not a bad idea to uncap the spinner however, it a limitation of Windows forms in that case the best i can do would be 79228162514264337593543950335 which is the maximum value it accept for Decimal.

I am considering going the route of allowing users to set their own maximum as long as it is <= 79228162514264337593543950335 and setting a higher value

@Fyrewolf5 & @Syzygy, You both make a good case on increasing the maximum value.

I remember the other reason i had set it to 100 as default, there was an oversight on my part that made it that when a mag evolved during mass feeding the items counts was not reseting itself in the output. Found i had used the wrong variable in the formula thus reseting only when feeding one at a time.

That bug is still present in version 8, but i just uploaded version 8.1 which included this fix and the increase of the numeric up down from 100 to 1000.

I settled on 1000 as higher number, i had tried 5000 and it took a full minutes for it to proceed.

https://github.com/Aether89/Magatama/releases/download/V0.8.1/MagatamaBeta8dot1.zip

• Removed the Extra spaced added in the Output when loading a mag.
  • Changed the order for the Section ID to the order of the Drop Tables
  • Fixed the feed counts reset not using the appropriate variables, caused it to not reset when mass feedings.
  • Increased the default value of the Quantity Numeric up down from 100 to 1000.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Aether89 said:

@Soly it not a bad idea to uncap the spinner however, it a limitation of Windows forms in that case the best i can do would be 79228162514264337593543950335 which is the maximum value it accept for Decimal.

I am considering going the route of allowing users to set their own maximum as long as it is <= 79228162514264337593543950335 and setting a higher value

Can't you not just not set a max for it?... Which is what I meant in the first place, just forgetting about a cap....

Unless you want to add (or already have) a key to make the value go to the max instantly (like my item maker setting grind or stats to max) otherwise it really makes no sense to have max.

Also just from a design view, I don't like the idea of a setting for the max value of some UI element, but that's just me...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Soly said:

Can't you not just not set a max for it?... Which is what I meant in the first place, just forgetting about a cap....

Unless you want to add (or already have) a key to make the value go to the max instantly (like my item maker setting grind or stats to max) otherwise it really makes no sense to have max.

Also just from a design view, I don't like the idea of a setting for the max value of some UI element, but that's just me...

That the thing i have to add a maximum, if i try 0 it useless to have the spinner. If i try to leave it empty i get an error.

So my choice was to allow a value so high you can't interact with Magatama for a while or find a balance between higher than 100 but still respond Quickly.

Adding a method to increase immediately to the max is a good idea ! i didn't think of it,

20 minutes ago, Aether89 said:

a value so high you can't interact with Magatama for a while

But that's not on you....
However if you are gonna add a "set to max" then yeah...

8 hours ago, O9B066 said:

This isn't a troll post @O9B066 Magatama is  a spiritual successor to Mag Farm https://github.com/Aether89/Magatama. This is why i made the name clickable in the first post and it bring to the following topic. 

Quick update on the current status of the vote.

I am also concurrently also having the same poll on Ephinea and currently the result are as follow.

• Feeding Stats Preview 0
  • Next Evolution Preview 1
  • Programmable Mass Feeding 5
  • Other 0

While those from here are currently

• Feeding Stats Preview 2
  • Next Evolution Preview 1
  • Programmable Mass Feeding 3
  • Other 1

If we add the result together we get this.

• Feeding Stats Preview 2
  • Next Evolution Preview 2
  • Programmable Mass Feeding 8
  • Other 1

Also while i expected the result from this poll to form the basic of Magatama Beta 9, the plethora of new features i added in the last few days might bump it to Magatama Beta 10.

The Suggestion by @Soly to add a method to immediately increase the spinner lead me to add more related features and other fixes.

• 2 weeks later...

The Result are In sorry for the delay.
Thank you to all those who voted.

Thus order of the next implemented features will be 
1st Place Programmable Mass Feeding
2nd Place Feeding Stats Preview
3rd Place Next Evolution Preview & Other ?

For what other entail too i am unsure as the only suggestion i saw in these post have already been implemented as they were easy to add while waiting for the results of the poll.

[ == POLL RESULT == ]

==ULTIMA==
2 - Feeding Stats Preview
1 - Next Evolution Preview
3 - Programmable Mass Feeding
1 - Other

==EPHINEA==
1 - Feeding Stats Preview
1 - Next Evolution Preview
5 - Programmable Mass Feeding
1 - Other

for a Grand Total of