PSOBB Episode 5

herger

Not for sure if this post should go here or not, but move it if it shouldnt be. But now to the point.

For the longest time I've always wanted to have another episode to posbb. Well now I've decided to take a little initiative and started doing research on psobb. And it all boils down to this, I wanna start a team of people who can help me make a new episode to pso. I wanna start off small, real small, But I really have a feeling it could take off like a rocket. I'm an x halo 2 xbox modder so I have a little knowledge in modding and such. I also have connections to other people that are good with game development as well.So if anyone is willing to help me with this project that would be really nice. Weather it actually gets anywhere or not, it'l still be fun trying to get it to work.

If anyone wants details on the ideas I have in store just let me know.

Ok i dont want to be rude here but im sure some ppl will be .

the point is...... actually theres not point, just like developing another game , is so "easy" :P and then we make the changes in server for the this new episode.

but tbh , there's easy things to do. (not saying the first option is not easy :onion-head50:, ore possible) like better create a history with quests, then developing a game, ore finish unifinishing things in server like challenge and more stuff.

any way good luck , you will need it , cuz what you want is almost impossible.

and topic moved to off topic.

like better create a history with quests

como una quest k eh hecho que ne see que passo con ela >.<

I guess good luck? As larva said this is "almost impossible".

Edited by SunnyD

Would it not be easier (not saying simple) to duplicate all the aspects of another episode then make alterations to that rather than starting a fresh?

Personal advice would be if you're seeking assistance with this would be to make a start with what people you know already that are willing to help, once you've got something presentable that would be the time to recruit. You'd need to know the people you bring in will be able to do what you're seeking, but in order for that to happen you'll need to be able to show them what you're seeking.

It's a situation where if you want to get it done you'll have to put the work and effort in first.

Just start of with a little brainstorming :P

Well, what would be the main theme? Things that could work out : an abandonned city or some ice desert?

Also new monsterz and bosses have to be made, we need to make scetches, think of attacks etc.

Also new music is required and to finnish it al, 3D modling and programming. It's not gonna be easy as said earlier ;)

If the plan 's going trough, i'd be glad to help, but I'm no expert in anny of above mentionned things lol ^^

chuk

wwell I already planned on starting off by doing sketches and such. And I've already been brainstorming. Also, thinking about new enemies, bosses, and lvls. But I planned on starting off small. I was going to start making alterations to the current lvls and start by making new quests. Then start modeling the new enemies and bosses. But In all honesty I have no idea how far this project will go. I have some personal friends that are in collage and have graduated collage in game design. But if I can't get them to help I'm pretty much not getting the project off the ground

its a nice idea, but tbh i think it will end up as a heavily modded version of the original levels, enemies etc. instead of a whole new thing. also with pso2 coming out in japan this year another episode of psobb isnt really necessary providing you've played psu and the portable games to understand the rest of the story.

but still best of luck and , most importantly, have fun trying to make it work!

lol if only. If i did then this project would be a piece of cake. I do need to find some software developers though. That would make this much easier. I know a few, but they don't even know what pso is =/

There's not much that I can do to help, apart from audio/music.

And considering that PSO uses OGG files for audio, I may not be able to do anything with it, anyway.

Still, if you get to a phase where audio is something you need, let me know.

Above, it's not impossible, but very difficult.

Work with what you know, then recruit people to help expand.

And best of luck.