My character rolled back to lvl 1!

Hi. I would like some help with my force, named Zeratul, who sudenly reseted to lvl 1!! All items, mags and stuff is gone. Happened after I changed clothes, as soon as i entered the server. Can someone help me roll back this? >.<
Also, this can serve as a bub report maybe..

Ok, sry, first post here. Got the instructions, but can't find the edit. I'll just pot it here them:

Guildcard: 42177936
Slot: 1
Date/Time: 19/11/2016 - 14:50 UTC -0
Description: I would like some help with my force, named Zeratul, who sudenly reseted to lvl 1!! All items, mags and stuff is gone. Happened after I changed clothes, as soon as i entered the server. Can someone help me roll back this?
Comments: Btw, I played a lot today, and it would be good if the restoration did not return so far as to lose all of today's progress. But only if you have no problem.

Edited by zeratulmrc
Forget something
1 hour ago, zeratulmrc said:

Ok, sry, first post here. Got the instructions, but can't find the edit.

Edit should be right next to quote (at the bottom middle or bottom right of the post depending on what size your screen is).

4 hours ago, Lemon said:

Edit should be right next to quote (at the bottom middle or bottom right of the post depending on what size your screen is).

It was, but it disappeared a few minutes after the posting. It seems to me that editing is only allowed in those first minutes. But I hope this does not interfere with my request, because I'm standing still, eager to play again.

3 minutes ago, zeratulmrc said:

It was, but it disappeared a few minutes after the posting. It seems to me that editing is only allowed in those first minutes. But I hope this does not interfere with my request, because I'm standing still, eager to play again.

I'll review that.

It's ok tho, I'll be checking this as soon as I can.

Thank you very much, I'm waiting, anxious to return to play. I was already sad that I lost 2 accounts that were more than 7 years old, with 8 characters and almost all the endgame equipment, on the server that I was playing, (schthack) just when I wanted to come back due to a reset that happened in January. This made me seek another server in search of stability, when, by chance, this happens. It was already difficult to face a restart with nothing that had been achieved ... I hope there is a solution.

1 hour ago, zeratulmrc said:

Thank you very much, I'm waiting, anxious to return to play. I was already sad that I lost 2 accounts that were more than 7 years old, with 8 characters and almost all the endgame equipment, on the server that I was playing, (schthack) just when I wanted to come back due to a reset that happened in January. This made me seek another server in search of stability, when, by chance, this happens. It was already difficult to face a restart with nothing that had been achieved ... I hope there is a solution.

Don't worry, we will get you fixed up for sure, this server keeps plenty of backups in different places. Bugs are an unfortunate inconvenience sometimes, but we will work as best we can to solve them. You'll just have to be patient for a little while more until Soly can get around to it.

• Like 1

I actually have a question for you, mainly because this also happened to me once as well. Did you possible accidently recreate and back out on a different character but on the same account? For me it was with my hucaseal, however, I had put some thought into this and previously I had almost accidently deleted a hucast while wanting to do the dressing room. However, next time I used dressing room on hucaseal was when I was reset to level 1. If this is what may have happened to you, maybe it is something we could warn people about. Of course I really don't know anything about how this stuff works so it could be purely anecdotal

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Virec said:

@Soly  I am just curious,  what causes ones character to roll back to lvl 1,  is it a shadow copy or a server update or something?

It should be a problem in the dressing room, when you enter the dressing room to re-create or modify a character, a flag is set. I think right now the flag is only set for when you modify.
So think about it this way, if for any reason while modifying the character the flag fails to be set, that's the end of your character, as when it comes the server will think is a remake.

I solved this not long ago in my new server but I am not entirely sure if I did on the server running right now.
I'll review the code today and if I didn't fix it, I'll do a quick patch.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, zeratulmrc said:

There is always one... this thing actually has been in all (at least not custom) tethealla servers but as I replied above, I solved it not long ago in a new server I'm coding, however since my goal is to end up using that new server here in Ultima, I don't do many updates to the current server we are using.

Backups are all over the place so at most, you'll lose about 4 hours, at best just a few minutes.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TripleR said:

I actually have a question for you, mainly because this also happened to me once as well. Did you possible accidently recreate and back out on a different character but on the same account? For me it was with my hucaseal, however, I had put some thought into this and previously I had almost accidently deleted a hucast while wanting to do the dressing room. However, next time I used dressing room on hucaseal was when I was reset to level 1. If this is what may have happened to you, maybe it is something we could warn people about. Of course I really don't know anything about how this stuff works so it could be purely anecdotal

No. I have not used the re-create function yet.

3 hours ago, Soly said:

There is always one... this thing actually has been in all (at least not custom) tethealla servers but as I replied above, I solved it not long ago in a new server I'm coding, however since my goal is to end up using that new server here in Ultima, I don't do many updates to the current server we are using.

Backups are all over the place so at most, you'll lose about 4 hours, at best just a few minutes.

Restored character !!! \o/
Thanks to all for the support and especially to Soly for restoring my character. It's great to know that there are multiple backups, so it makes us more relaxed to play. It's too frustrating to lose all the progress made, even though I'm not that far away yet.

8 minutes ago, zeratulmrc said:

Restored character !!! \o/
Thanks to all for the support and especially to Soly for restoring my character. It's great to know that there are multiple backups, so it makes us more relaxed to play. It's too frustrating to lose all the progress made, even though I'm not that far away yet.

Indeed, anything can happen but we try to prepare even for the worst.
I'll lock the topic then since its solved, I already added to my "schedule" the review and possibly fix of the current server regarding to what I replied.

• Like 1