Item drops from bosses not visable

This has been happening for the past couple of days. About half of the time, bosses do not drop any item. I mean they drop literally nothing, not even meseta or a monomate. I was playing with a friend today and this was still happening, but not for him. We killed Dark Falz and I didn't see any item as usual, but he saw a Saber. He picked it up and dropped it, but I still didn't see it. We went to town and he tried dropping it there. It made me get disconnected. What is going on?

I know Soly is working on a new Drop by Player system, so could this be related somehow?

• Like 2

I should also mention that I recently switched to the new launcher. The timing of this problem seems to line up with that, so maybe that could have something to do with it as well.

This has been happening for the past couple of days. About half of the time, bosses do not drop any item. I mean they drop literally nothing, not even meseta or a monomate. I was playing with a friend today and this was still happening, but not for him. We killed Dark Falz and I didn't see any item as usual, but he saw a Saber. He picked it up and dropped it, but I still didn't see it. We went to town and he tried dropping it there. It made me get disconnected. What is going on?

I know Soly is working on a new Drop by Player system, so could this be related somehow?

I asked Soly to check yesterday, he mentioned something about an item that drops but it's "nothing", I call it zero saber for now, the item actually drops. but since it's invisible it's something you cannot get.

He has been trying to fix that.

• Like 1

If your buddy saw the drop and picked it up, and it d/ced you when they dropped it in town, then it's almost certainly a desync / connection issue.

I have been helping others hunt bosses a lot the past few days and never seen them not drop an item.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

Could be what saith is saying too, i noticed with dual logging sometimes some boxes won't drop on one screen.

Hmm. I was doing TTF with 2 accounts together and I would have one exit to lobby after the caves. But this problem would occur both before and after I had one account exit to lobby, so I don't know.

I will probably go back to the old default launcher and see if that makes a difference. The new one sucks at widescreen anyway. The only downside to the old launcher is no support for Japanese keyboard.

Hmm. I was doing TTF with 2 accounts together and I would have one exit to lobby after the caves. But this problem would occur both before and after I had one account exit to lobby, so I don't know.

I will probably go back to the old default launcher and see if that makes a difference. The new one sucks at widescreen anyway. The only downside to the old launcher is no support for Japanese keyboard.

This is fine.. I only know 2 others who can type JP anyway .w.

After doing a handful of TTF runs on the old launcher, all of the problems are gone. The boss drops show up every single time like they are supposed to. The new launcher is just full of bugs. All of the widescreen related ones and the lack of boss drops. There is also a bug where Dark Falz doesn't aim his Megido correctly during the soul steal.

If anyone else is noticing that bosses aren't dropping items, go back to the old launcher.

I hope that these bugs are fixed because based on how things are right now, being unable to use the new launcher, the game essentially doesn't support Japanese text/keyboard.

Alright, the invisible drops should be fixed.

The widescreen definitely NOT sucks, the one that sucks is the original one all stretched, and here a picture to show it.

Both are at 1280x720, top one is Tofu's patch (the one I use), bottom one is Lee's patch (the one the old clients use)

- Downsides of Lee's:

- All dialogs that aren't left aligned are misplaced (Can't be fixed)

- All dialogs have incorrect width (Can't be fixed)

- The caret (when you are typing in the chat) is not synced with the text (Can't be fixed)

- The banner text is clearly stretched (if this is what you meant with squashed together, it would be the other way around, with Tofu's it looks correct) (Can't be fixed)

Downsides of Tofu's:

- Some UI elements are misplaced (Can be fixed, most if not all of them, and I have been helping with it)

FraEH5v.jpg

• Like 1