japanese names?

dwalters98

hey, i've seen people walking around with japanese characters, and i wanted to make a character with my name in japanese (ダニエル), but pso seems to reject my ms-ime for japanese. As I said, i've seen people with japanese names, so i know it's possible.

I tried a long time ago but I think a GM has to do it for you which means not everyone will get it :/

This ^ reason being that its not normally possible to type Japanese with our client as it is , it forces English characters by default. Only a GM can help you with this.

I have done a few when I was creating a program to change all that stuff.

I replied in the shoutbox tho, I'll be updating my launcher, which will make use only of psobb.exe patching the game on the fly for widescreen, and also will try to add the IME patch so you can select between EN/JP

• Like 1

Great work , Soly! Also if anyone has their PC put you in a loop in which it prompts you to run the launcher as an admin , click to do so and it just restarts the launcher just set the launcher to run as an administrator manually in properties and it should load your game just fine.

Great work , Soly!

Thank you!

I added a check to see if you are running as admin and if you potentially will get stuck loading the lobby in windows 10

The checks give you 3 options:

Yes, do what's asked.

No, continue without whatever was asked (won't set resolution and IME or hang loading the lobby in windows 10)

Cancel, self explanatory.