Ideas for permanent Olga drops (long)

Nice topic mr Bruce wayne I think we need moar items year round because there isn't anything worth hunting out of events really so you have my full support !!!!

Thank you, all mighty leader of the Illumin... er, kind sir!

• Like 1

You can down vote me but this is still a terrible idea :/

Did you read the entire OP? Everything is completely open to debate, so could you be more specific? As I said in my OP, please post your own ideas too (doesn't have to be even remotely similar to my OP, ALL thoughts and ideas are welcome), unless you're saying Olga should just be left as-is? Just so you know, I'll upvote you because yours, and anyone else's opinions are welcome :) but if you could point out specifically what you don't like in the proposed idea it would help.

By the way, the original post has been heavily edited since it was written, with balance, economy, and ease-of-implementation completely in mind.

Edited by Kaiyuss

So now that I have read this whole thing, you are a mean person, and down-rep the pants off of me I don't care, this idea is dumb because you want year round drops that are better than Dark Weapons, Cil Dragon Slayer that can be grinded 300 times that is 600 ATP and in order for it to be worse than a Dark Flow it would have to have a base ATP of 499 which is garbage, not only does this just make you look like a lazy person it shows that you aren't willing to look for things when given the time to.Why would I hunt any of these units when Centurion/Ability is a BPD drop, and pretty much the idea of any of these weapons is invalid and would the developers best not waste time on this because what you are asking is practically to just change the grind cap on Dragon Slayer and all those mid tier weapons to 300. The Armors are a waste of time what is the point when practically everyone has a Wedding Dress or STA these days, I really have no reason to hate on the armor it is just the idea makes me mad. This idea is bad and would only be nice for lazies like you. I am done if this is implemented into the server might as well give all my gear to the first player I see in the lobby next time I log in...

Edited by kajex
  • Like 1

So now that I have read this whole thing, you are a mean person, and down-rep the pants offof me I don't care, this idea is dumb because you want year round drops that are better than Dark Weapons, Cil Dragon Slayer that can be grinded 300 times that is 600 ATP and in order for it to be worse than a Dark Flow it would have to have a base ATP of 499 which is garbage, not only does this just make you look like a lazy person it shows that you aren't willing to look for things when given the time to.Why would I hunt any of these units when Centurion/Ability is a BPD drop, and pretty much the idea of any of these weapons is invalid and would the developers best not waste time on this because what you are asking is practically to just change the grind cap on Dragon Slayer and all those mid tier weapons to 300. The Armors are a waste of time what is the point when practically everyone has a Wedding Dress or STA these days, I really have no reason to hate on the armor it is just the idea makes me mad. This idea is bad and would only be nice for lazies like you. I am done if this is implemented into the server might as well give all my gear to the first player I see in the lobby next time I log in...

No need to call him a mean person for his suggestion simply say you don't agree and why

Edited by kajex
  • Like 2

And then you wonder why people hate you. There's a respectful way of stating your opinion. You've mentioned you don't like it more than once. Shut the front door and move on. No need to keep posting the same basura over and over.

I disagree with you. Don't you just donate to get anything you need? That's lazier than hunting for all of these items.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 1

So now that I have read this whole thing, you are a mean person, and down-rep the pants off of me I don't care, this idea is dumb because you want year round drops that are better than Dark Weapons, Cil Dragon Slayer that can be grinded 300 times that is 600 ATP and in order for it to be worse than a Dark Flow it would have to have a base ATP of 499 which is garbage, not only does this just make you look like a lazy person it shows that you aren't willing to look for things when given the time to.Why would I hunt any of these units when Centurion/Ability is a BPD drop, and pretty much the idea of any of these weapons is invalid and would the developers best not waste time on this because what you are asking is practically to just change the grind cap on Dragon Slayer and all those mid tier weapons to 300. The Armors are a waste of time what is the point when practically everyone has a Wedding Dress or STA these days, I really have no reason to hate on the armor it is just the idea makes me mad. This idea is bad and would only be nice for lazies like you. I am done if this is implemented into the server might as well give all my gear to the first player I see in the lobby next time I log in...

If you're giving away your gear make your exit from the server as well. I'll help you pack your basura and give it away. As long as you don't come back. Your welcome.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 1

I don't care about haters just means they envy me

And then you wonder why people hate you. There's a respectful way of stating your opinion. You've mentioned you don't like it more than once. Shut the front door and move on. No need to keep posting the same basura over and over.

I disagree with you. Don't you just donate to get anything you need? That's lazier than hunting for all of these items.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 1

I don't care about haters just means they envy me

Honestly, the best way for you to approach this thread and make a positive contribution is to give options to what the user posted. You don't need to shut it down. Instead give alternatives and don't act like a mean person. Respect people and they will respect you back. Nobody envies you. I'd rather have no good weapons or items as long as people don't despise playing with me because I'm immature and disrespect them.

Back on topic though...

I kind of agree that FO could use something more. I personally love using FO's and barely use my HU or RA. I just did a Foney too and I'm loving it. I doubt I'll be using other chars unless I need to hunt for something so anything that keeps helping FO would be great. And by that I mean something that could boost SI techs(Izaya agrees) or more RA tech boosts? It's a hard to solo ULT just using techs which is the point of a FO. I get it, you can use certain weapons but kind of defeats the purpose of a FO. Just my 2 cents. Even if this is not taken in consideration I'll continue to use my FOs. :3

Edited by kajex
  • Like 4

When asked to explain what is wrong with the idea of year round drops for Olga, you just repeat your statement of calling the idea dumb. Brilliant, I am totally convinced, Olga should not drop anything at all ever. /sarcasm. If you want to argue against the numbers (which do have issues) that's not arguing against the idea, that's debating specifics and semantics about the idea, but you've already dismissed the idea and called it dumb multiple times now without actually explaining why. Since you have chosen respond in this meritless way a few times now, I'm just going to label you as trolling this thread, since you have obviously did not properly read it or contribute any real criticisms of the idea in favor of utter dismissal. Good day.

@OP Kaiyuss

The idea have having unique weapon combiners for high tier gear drop from olga year round is a very good and highly commendable one, it's a good way to make hunting olga more meaningful and provide some goals to strive for outside of events, as well as good way to round out gear to include weapons that, as you put it "bridge the gap" between high tier event gear and mid tier gear from monsters. I don't personally agree with all the item designs or the numbers you have put forth, but the idea is a solid one that definitely deserves some praise for its execution. Using section id souls as weapon combiners is nice so that it's not impossible to find such drops from olga that also have hit on them, while making mid-range gear a more valuable hunt as well, which helps mitigate the 'if it's not the best, it sucks' syndrome that many pso players seem to ascribe to.

I'll start with some general thoughts about the proposed drops. First off, I believe any new v102 / v802 / v503 would likely be a rather difficult undertaking to code and create (also v101 and heavenly/battle are 40% attack speed, not 50%). Units that do very specific things like those are probably not feasible, if even possible at all. Secondly, high grinds are actually not really a desirable thing for high powered gear. A high base atp on a weapon is affected greatly by the attribute %s, and atp variable of a weapon is affected by shifta (though usually the variable is so small as to not really matter), but grind is merely a flat addition of atp at the end that is not affected by anything at all. Also, 300 grind is entirely too much grind regardless; not even s-ranks get that high, and only a few of them even get as high as 250, most are only 150 grind, and those weapons have to start with almost no atp at all to make that amount of grind balanced. Finally there should be some consideration as to not have too much overlap with established good high tier options of gear in their respective categories. Now onto some more in depth specifics about the ideas.

Sil Dragon Slayer: I do like the idea of this weapon a lot. Dragon Slayer is actually fairly strong mid-range gear already, and hunters can make good use of an unreduced freeze sword to capitalize on close combat. Although freeze traps and frozen shooter are still great freeze options overall, the hunter options like red partisan(unreduced freeze) and yamato (unreduced blizzard twin swords) aren't really that strong of an option for locking down enemies for close combat killing. Issue of grind already covered previously.

Ultima Impact: While good rare shotgun types are lacking somewhat, I'm not sure if there is a good way to balance a new shotgun very well. Baranz Launcher and Charge arms are already incredibly powerful weapons for damage (don't underestimate baranz launcher, it can actually be as strong or stronger than DM with a PB chain), and also Type SH/Shot is actually not that difficult obtain to create your own custom shots (anyone that could solo ma3v2 on normal and dual client could likely obtain a dozen+ in a day). An upgrade of crush bullet for unreduced gush sounds interesting as an easier to obtain option than guld milla / gush yasminkovs, and could possibly still leave those in a nice position despite having 5 bullets on a shot, because shots are much much slower firing than mechguns. I'll have to think about this one some more though.

Diska of Richman: This is one weapon I cannot really find myself agreeing with the concept of. Diska of Braveman is already an incredibly powerful weapon. Even a not fully sphered one can dish out multiple 1000s of damage. Diska of Braveman is very arguably the best slicer in the game already, and slicers are already great by hitting 5 targets, having high inherent accuracy (don't miss easily due to enemy moving), the SNS glitch making hitting very easy even for lower level players, and compatibility with smartlink. Fully Sphered (attribute %s do not affect damage charge specials on ultima server by the way, unlike spirit and berserk) and wearing the "Thirteen" armor (+30 ata, +50% weapon atp to DoB) it is absolute beast. I do not know what I would make in its stead, but DoB does not need an upgraded version.

Luminare: While I do like the chrono trigger reference, I think this might fall into the overlap issue I spoke of before. Tsumikiri J-Sword isn't the only weapon with the PB wave attack, and the current weapons that have it already have a nice progression. TJS is the strongest and is a year round drop, but is very difficult and strictly hunter only. Master Sword is restricted to triforce event, slightly easier to get (though very difficult) and even though is slightly weaker than tjs, is balanced around being usable by all characters except fonewearl (QQ), and the other weapon with this special is the Berdysh which is a fairly strong partisan and is a 1/2 drop from pinkal ep 2 hildetorr, but its very easy obtainability is counterbalanced by being restricted to android hunters only. I don't think another pb wave special weapon is warranted. It could be squeezed in between berdysh and master sword in terms of power/usefulness, but I really don't think it is necessary.

Over 9000: Not sure what to think about this one really. On the one hand pierce is usually not a very useful attribute because enemies tend to cluster in groups rather than in a line, but the rifles could use some love too. If I was going to go for the pierce idea, I would suggest instead using the Visk-235W to upgrade into the Farsight XR-20 railgun (since visk already reminds me of that gun) with a special that could pierce both enemies and walls. Maybe not exactly like a dm pierce special though, but more like frozen shooter sized bullet that pierces.

Del Scar: I highly agree that daggers need some love. The daggers are almost all atrociously bad except for a few like daylight scar. But therein also lies an issue that if these were also berserk the overlap would not be very good, as daylight scar is a very good weapon already and we probably don't need something that functions exactly like it. If it weren't as good I would consider something like that, like perhaps there could be daggers that are slighty better (since it would be more difficult to obtain in comparison) than two kamui in damage and slightly higher zalure as well, maybe at lvl 10 instead of lvl 5. This might play more off the concept of the "Del" virus affecting the enemies and causing them to take more damage, or maybe using the Del virus to increase your own damage, an sred's blade unlocked for rangers would be nice, though also at a very low level of shifta, maybe 5, or randomly between lvl 3-6 or something like that.

L&K15 Victory: Do we really need more mechguns? Is there really some role that is unfulfilled already or could be bridged better? L&K14 can already be fairly decent on its own, MA60 Vise can be very good as well, and Last Swan and Master Raven are obtainable fairly easily, and charge gatlings 50 hit can be found in the shop. The mid range options are pretty popular with Mille Marteux, Rage de Feu and Dual Bird also being moderately easy to obtain, and the strong high class options of yas9000 specials and psycho ravens are already some of the best weapons of all types in the game. There is very little place to put in new mechguns, aside from hunewearl being left out of dual bird usage. While I would like to see some Psycho Swans for hunewearl in the future (preferably ones that retain the handgun type/animation/range but with 3 bullets per attack like Last Swan), I'm not entirely sure where to fit in another pair of mechguns. If there was a new mechgun from soul of purplenum though, I would probably think about ones that were a somewhat stronger/better MA60 Vise with either berserk or charge (to be a little more slightly better than charge vulcans than MA60 Vise is, which only has 15 ata and 15-25 atp over a vulcans 12 ata and 5-20 atp), or maybe a devil/demon mechgun type (difficult to get otherwise) with relatively low stats and a moderately higher drop rate than other olga drops to compensate for how good of a weapon demon mechs are.

Rico's Frame: While Rico does deserve a frame (3 different shields, red ring, rico's earring, rico's glasses, but no armor?), there are a lot of good armors around now, and giving Stats would not be the path I'd take with the idea of a new armor, especially not ata since Kroe's Sweater already fills that position. A more utility minded approach might fit into the current landscape of armor choices better, perhaps an armor with built in pb/increase or cure/all or trap/search or smartlink, something that gives different advantages than current options so you have to decide between what boost is the most useful for you for the type of farming you are currently doing.

Well that went on for awhile. I know I have a tendency to make longwinded posts, so I'd like to say thank you for anyone that did take the time to read through all my random thoughts about it.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 7