So When Should We Expect Lots of New Things

So lots of good ideas have been presented by players and developers of this game but I have seen barely any of them implemented so what the hell man I mean I know there are only so many things can be done at a time but still where is the new stuff for the game I mean ULTIMA TTF was nice but not really new and you guys took it away so if someone can please tell us is there like a number we can donate or a ETA on new stuff :)

• Like 2

There will never be anything new ever again.

haha Kajex that instant reply with implied loss of faith ^^ :onion105:

Colorado my good man, if you are so concerned with new stuff on the server, here's a novel idea:

Learn how to program, code and generally maintain a PSO server by JOINING THE DEV TEAM.

Here's a thought, get chummy with Chuk. XDDD

Or Lee, if you feel like being his personal slave/subordinate for a while.

I think Chuk would be more approachable honestly, but I do know his time is pretty limited, so good luck! :onion108:

Well I mean there shouldn't be a problem releasing dates of things or how long we have to wait although details I do understand being confidential

If this were an actual development environment to people worked on things regularly with schedules, then something like dates would be feasible. Seeing as everyone who can do something has a job, (among other things) stuff on pso gets done when it gets done.

If this were an actual development environment to people worked on things regularly with schedules, then something like dates would be feasible. Seeing as everyone who can do something has a job, (among other things) stuff on pso gets done when it gets done.

From what I'm told there's probably not much chance of larva letting anyone else onto the dev side of things. I'd throw my hat in the ring if there ever was a chance, I have time to work on things for the next few months. The way tethealla is set up, you can change a lot just by editing tables in minutes, changes which have been talked about on here for months, so you don't even need good programming experience for that. Other things like fixing the ??? bug or other changes, there are people including myself, who have plenty of programming experience and at the least could attempt to find the issue and even fix it. Even like the drop table web page, wouldn't take very long to make a script to convert the ships drop tables to html, if the existing one isn't working. There is plenty that can be done by the community, even without trusting people with access to things, just need to give them the files to work on and then it can be verified and uploaded by someone considered trustworthy.

Edited by kom

When I said that I wasn't implying no one else had the skills necessary -- just the ones with access are busy.

Also, I didn't even have access to any files or make direct changes to anything for any of the things I've modified (I modified them for other reasons and shared them with Larva) Honestly, it was me telling him to what to write in which place in the source over gtalk... a horrible method, and quite error prone, but it is what has been done...

The tethealla source is available publicly at http://www.pioneer2.net -- If you make a change you'd like implemented in ultima, if you send the changes to Larva I'm sure he'd be willing to implement it. The thing about getting the current ultima source is it has things in it that somebody*cough* is after and is offering money to people for it, so I don't think Larva would share it with anyone unless they've proven themselves competent and loyal. (Ultimately it is Larva's decision)

The ???? bug is in the original tethealla version as well. As for reproducing it, no one really knows just how to do so. (which is why it hasn't been fixed)

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the drop table script is perfectly fine. chuk moved the page, and I guess lots of people didn't know it was moved, so it was said to be broken.

Edited by Choko