New main webpage for ultima - Reupload

chuk

New webage opinions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. This new webpage for ultima

• looks great, lets use it as soon as possible!
    • is nice, but I like the current page more.
    • is nice, but I would change [define by posting]
    • hurts my eyes, burn it!
  2. 2. Which browser are you using?

• Mozzila Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Internet explorer
    • Safari
    • Opera
    • Maxthon
    • Aurora
    • What's a browser?
  3. 3. My screen resolution is (pick closest match)

Since Larva asked me to make a more modern webpage for the server :

6r4e.png
Is what I 've got so far.

Obviously used a dummy logo and dummy pictures, so if anyone feels like making a better one, go ahead. (size 250x850)

Here's the temporary link to it : home page preview

Site benefits

• Clear navigation with tabs
  • Social network sharing plugins
  • Professional layout
  • Will make the other ultima sites more uniform (droptable, cp panel, ...)
  • Should be working on any screen and popular browsers

Would be nice if we could put some kind of trailer on the front page with focus on

• stable challenge mode
  • hundreds of different weapons
  • unique ultima items (like reaper and ultima mag, event items,...)
  • combo unlocked dark weapons
  • unique quests
  • prestige (it is coming one day lol)
  • multicultural
  • friendly community (if you exclude the few resident trolls)
  • many events

And in the extras we'll include a section with some of the server differences (versus the official SEGA server) like

• drops and exp changes
  • regular events and content updates
  • Happy hour
  • unique quests
  • unique Items
  • more stackable items
  • stats changed
  • prestige

If you want to help out in this project by

• making a nice trailer (length between 1:00 and 1:30 ) and submit it in this topic. Votes will decide which trailer gets chosen.
  • making a pretty logo (size 250x850) that will be used as site logo.
  • reporting eventual bugs you get with the site (a part is not visible? something is messed up?). Please also specify screen size and browser (version too if you know it).
  • giving some nice ideas and/or polite feedback/criticism on how to improve it.

I'll see if I can get my hands on a reward for the people who greatly contribute to this. Credits will obviously be mentioned to the corresponding important submissions. Post ahead (but no spam or trolling).

• Like 4

Possible trailer for ultima :

Made this quickly with windows live movie maker xD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, thats a good initiative! Congratz.

The image of the new logo looks a little stretched...

Whats the font do you use on "Ultima" logo? or you're trying change that too? I got a few ideas that i would like to post...

Btw, I realy liked the layout of the first pic, the floating right menu, pso font. Looks like more pso xD:

6r4e.png

Hi, thats a good initiative! Congratz.

The image of the new logo looks a little stretched...

Whats the font do you use on "Ultima" logo? or you're trying change that too? I got a few ideas that i would like to post...

Btw, I realy liked the layout of the first pic, the floating right menu, pso font. Looks like more pso xD:

6r4e.png

Thx ^^

For the banner, Kiros is making a new one, the current one is just a placeholder atm.

And the floating menu, I liked it but Larva didn't xD So I integrated everything into the main content.

• 1 month later...

Update

• Most pages are done, still need to fix the CSS from the quest_drops and work on the extra tab though
  • The registration is functional
  • Needs some more Spanish translations (ANDRES is helping me with that)

Now needs to be moved to the domain and it will finally replace the current homepage.

New Ultima site

If you spot any mistake, bug, wrong link anything please report it.

Chuk, how about a color code for the episodes on the drop table page, or a lighter hue for Episode 2? I love the page itself, but with the horizontal alignment of episodes, I've clicked the wrong one multiple times, lol.

Chuk, how about a color code for the episodes on the drop table page, or a lighter hue for Episode 2? I love the page itself, but with the horizontal alignment of episodes, I've clicked the wrong one multiple times, lol.

You mean the navigation table? I'll see what I can do.

I love the new design :D

However I found some little errors namely:

1) At the logo screen, with the orange title should be "Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst" Makes it more legit :P Also "Welcome to Ultima" and other Ultima's.

2) I agree with frost on navi tables, also the color schemes on like viridia for example is a bit too dark, you could either make the font white

Some improvements:

1) For a logo picture, why not put a picture with all the staff together, looking at the pretty lights on Pioneer 2; gives it a more "you are now home" feel; also showcases how much of the staff is active.

2) With the Video trailer (I suck at making videos so like meh), my suggestion is like showcasing the different attributes of Ultima for example it could have:

i) Like a scene from lobby 1, where most players meet, showing different languages and how friendly it can be, 9/10 you will find someone saying something remotely nice lol

ii) Person holding said Dark items switching between them

You get the idea lol

But brilliant job on what appears to be the most awesome PSO server hands down!

Edited by squish

I love the new design :D

However I found some little errors namely:

1) At the logo screen, with the orange title should be "Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst" Makes it more legit :P Also "Welcome to Ultima" and other Ultima's.

2) I agree with frost on navi tables, also the color schemes on like viridia for example is a bit too dark, you could either make the font white

Some improvements:

1) For a logo picture, why not put a picture with all the staff together, looking at the pretty lights on Pioneer 2; gives it a more "you are now home" feel; also showcases how much of the staff is active.

2) With the Video trailer (I suck at making videos so like meh), my suggestion is like showcasing the different attributes of Ultima for example it could have:

i) Like a scene from lobby 1, where most players meet, showing different languages and how friendly it can be, 9/10 you will find someone saying something remotely nice lol

ii) Person holding said Dark items switching between them

You get the idea lol

But brilliant job on what appears to be the most awesome PSO server hands down!

Thank you for the feedback ^^