Performance issues

Hello!
I decided to boot up pso after a bit of a break last week, however when I'm in game I feel like my client is lagging behind.  I'll be running down a hallway with the party and suddenly they'll all teleport to the end as if their movement speed is faster than mine and the game is syncing their location back up.  I asked and to them it seems like I'm stutter stepping.  Enemies seem to spawn late for me too.  The party has often killed Olga Flow before his entrance animation completes for me.  At first I thought it was a setting issue, but I feel like I've changed every setting to no avail.

I tried checking the CPU Usage Reduction box, even though I'm barely hitting 10% CPU usage when I play.
I tried lowering the resolution from 4k down to 1280p in both windowed and virtual fullscreen.
I tried removing the lua addon overlay.

I tried toggling V-Sync on and off.
I tried Low Resolution Textures and lowering all the graphics sliders to 0.
I tried different windows app compatibility modes (XP and Windows 10).
I tried adding a firewall exception to Windows Defender.

I made sure Discord's overlay was disabled.

I tried moving my install out of Program Files(x86).
I tried a full re-install.

The only thing that's come close to making a difference is going to Frame Skip 2, which makes the game look awful but did slightly increase my ability to keep up with the group.  Though they still teleport, just not as far.  At this point I'm at a bit of a loss.  I have trouble believing that my computer can handle Cyberpunk at max but can't run PSO on low.  Can anyone think of anything I haven't done that could potentially fix this?

Edited by Lemon
Clarity
  • Like 3

Only thing i cant see in your check list is Graphics>fog Effect (i use vertex fog) I know the fog emulation was issue with lag in areas perhaps this may need a tweek only suggestion i can think of

Is it a consistent thing with everyone you play with? It may be a connection issue between you and the room host

On 1/30/2024 at 2:00 AM, ink said:

Only thing i cant see in your check list is Graphics>fog Effect (i use vertex fog) I know the fog emulation was issue with lag in areas perhaps this may need a tweek only suggestion i can think of

Tried that, but no noticeable change.

8 hours ago, Sciaz said:

Is it a consistent thing with everyone you play with? It may be a connection issue between you and the room host

It's constant.  Even a little noticeable in the lobby, though people don't move as much so it's hard to tell.

I really do think it is network related, but just making sure. Do you notice slow downs in the games or just players seemingly teleporting?