HAPPY HOUR/DROP RATE CHANGES

Anyone who does not like the current Happy hour system. Please complain here. We already voted to change this 6 months ago... Can we please just make the change. Thank you. Everyone enjoys the server and loves the community but its so annoying the way the drop rates and happy hour system is set up... Its very discouraging to hunt anything.

• Like 6

if we had happy hours every 18 hours or 36 hours i think it would be fine but the problem is we go days or  weeks without any happy hour. i dont know of any bar who only has happy hour whenever they feel like it. the idea of happy hour is to encourage consumers to come to your business durring slow business hours. this is typically scheduled, daily, without fail monday-thursday... but yes honestly just get rid of it. but also at the same time the drops just need to be a little easier to obtain if we get rid of it. because heres what happens,

wait all year for an event, event comes, RNG, item does not drop, cringe, wait another year, repeat.

i understand they cant make it too easy for us but these last few years things really have seemed way too hard. i can only imagine what a new player goes through durring an event. only the people who have maxed gear really have a chance to hunt things at a decent speed and i feel like the entire server is nurfed because we have a lot of maxed players and they dont want it to be "unfair" its no wonder new players only stick around for a few weeks. i mean the entire idea around getting better gear, getting stronger and going faster is because you want an unfair advantage. if we are gonna make items difficult for even the best players to obtain then how is that not extremely unfair to the people who are not playing with max gear? why would someone want to max their gear if they still cant hunt things effectively once its maxed?

then the argument comes, "vanilla pso drop rates were way harder" yeah well they had thousands of users online trading all the time. our market is dead, we have no players to trade with so if we want something we have to hunt it ourselves. 

while were at it can we figure out a way to make the downtime between events less lame? maybe a few event items can be added to year round drop tables. maybe pgf? 

maybe we can do something temporary until we get back up to 60 players a day or so. whatever we need to do tho, we need to do it. the player count just keeps getting lower and not many returned when the event started. i worry about the future of the server. thanks to all those who play in and  work on ultima to keep it running

• Like 8

We legitimately stated in an official topic posted by @Larvathat Happy Hours does more harm than good and doesn't need to continue to exist. He ignored the comments and locked the topic.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The way it is now is not even good for producing income for the server. There werent any PBCs on the market for months and months even when people were willing to pay DTs for them... Because the hunt is so annoying. There have been many items like this actually. We need to start somewhere and increasing base drop rates would be a good start.

Edited by Mr.Feeger
  • Like 1

its extremely tough for newer players... especially when in the past they allowed multi boxing and the drop rates were way easier. Its discouraging when you wanna do content but cant because gear is next to impossible to farm unless you have a stacked team and even then its rough.

None of the above is the problem , your problem lies in this game is very very old . Most of the pier group are pretty much done with collecting items most of us the vets having been playing 7-15 years. I had pbc just not interested in trading them at the time.  Reason lack of donation tickets ,i dont need photon drops . There is no trade system unless you have a uber drop maxed out weapon , no one is interested .

This is another reason i feel you are losing the old skool crew Serene Swan, the meta for this server is Serene swan broken  so much the dmc is stupidly high.

I for one hate the weapon and will lobby if i see it being used or will not play will others that use it. It stops my game play from being what it should be using demons. Totally annoying with the missing and letting mericarols cast medgid.

Plus the lack of quest choice most play make it boring , most just hit 200 and sit in woi. Yawn....

The only way you will get the same experience we had from start is to increase the population with new players.

Or a server wipe / new ship for new players where you can all start on same foot

Edited by ink

5 hours ago, theancientsam said:

not many returned when the event started

Probably as most got cent/battle no need for the units , soul booster dropped last event i got 4 so i know i dont need to look for it . I have alis resolve the only item from this event i would look for is pbc , but as i did not trade away the ones i have im in no rush .

Like i said in my above post SS not my thing.

theres no "HH system" a GM log and start HH if he wants, solution?, automatic scheduled HH or kill HH and increase rates, ive seen 3 or 4 hh at the beggining of this month and thats it, and last month we had like 3 or 4, which only happend to run 2 of those 4 cuz time zone. #Free lk38 and ban KOTTA cheers.

5 hours ago, theancientsam said:

wait all year for an event, event comes, RNG, item does not drop, cringe, wait another year, repeat.

HH and rates are not whats botter me the most, what this guy said is been ultima curse and the reason that is dying, years ago i suggested that event items drops at higher rates ALL year (except pgf if makes u happy) and lower rate at current event, this past month we had like 5 or 7 players max cuz was no event, its like a ghost server sometimes.

6 hours ago, ink said:

None of the above is the problem , your problem lies in this game is very very old . Most of the pier group are pretty much done with collecting items most of us the vets having been playing 7-15 years. I had pbc just not interested in trading them at the time.  Reason lack of donation tickets ,i dont need photon drops . There is no trade system unless you have a uber drop maxed out weapon , no one is interested .

This is another reason i feel you are losing the old skool crew Serene Swan, the meta for this server is Serene swan broken  so much the dmc is stupidly high.

I for one hate the weapon and will lobby if i see it being used or will not play will others that use it. It stops my game play from being what it should be using demons. Totally annoying with the missing and letting mericarols cast medgid.

Plus the lack of quest choice most play make it boring , most just hit 200 and sit in woi. Yawn....

The only way you will get the same experience we had from start is to increase the population with new players.

Or a server wipe / new ship for new players where you can all start on same foot

Ephinea has 100-150 players average during peak hours. PSO is old, yes, but it has a very dedicated community and if people felt like Ultima was worth playing on, the player base would be larger.

HH is one of the things I've seen people complain the most about when it comes to Ultima's faults. It promotes playing in 3 hour bursts and it's spammed so much that regular rates are based on HH. Playing in 3 hour bursts for optimal hunting and making it feel like hunting outside those 3 hours is useless hurts the server as a whole.

I feel like on paper it's not a bad idea, and I'm sure when HH was implemented, it was meant to be activated maybe once a week max. Having multiple HH a day just make it not worth logging in unless it's on.

I feel like removing HH and adjusting all rates, fixing EVP so you feel like you aren't required to redeem hit on every weapon, and putting PGF on Olga all year are things I've seen basically 99% of people request.

There's a reason why Ultima is a shadow of its former self and it all boils down to Larva's unwillingness to make any changes to the server that might make people donate a little less.

Edited by mudkipzjm
  • Like 9

21 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

Ephinea has 100-150 players average during peak hours. PSO is old, yes, but it has a very dedicated community and if people felt like Ultima was worth playing on, the player base would be larger.

HH is one of the things I've seen people complain the most about when it comes to Ultima's faults. It promotes playing in 3 hour bursts and it's spammed so much that regular rates are based on HH. Playing in 3 hour bursts for optimal hunting and making it feel like hunting outside those 3 hours is useless hurts the server as a whole.

I feel like on paper it's not a bad idea, and I'm sure when HH was implemented, it was meant to be activated maybe once a week max. Having multiple HH a day just make it not worth logging in unless it's on.

I feel like removing HH and adjusting all rates, fixing EVP so you feel like you aren't required to redeem hit on every weapon, and putting PGF on Olga all year are things I've seen basically 99% of people request.

There's a reason why Ultima is a shadow of its former self and it all boils down to Larva's unwillingness to make any changes to the server that might make people donate a little less.

True , but only reason ephi holds the people is due to not having to pay to play (DT) which keeps the photon drops in play more giving a community  a trade system that works  and it is vanilla so like you say the evp is better all round  . If it was subs like sega originally was that population would fall 

i think ephi is having same issues with new players trying to get a foot hold on the game as well , did hear scripts banned for mag feeds

Edited by ink

3 hours ago, ink said:

True , but only reason ephi holds the people is due to not having to pay to play (DT) which keeps the photon drops in play more giving a community  a trade system that works  and it is vanilla so like you say the evp is better all round  . If it was subs like sega originally was that population would fall 

i think ephi is having same issues with new players trying to get a foot hold on the game as well , did hear scripts banned for mag feeds

Getting usable gear is a lot easier though. You're good with 50h Charge Arms, Charge Vulcs, and maybe a HS or something. On Ultima you need 80H PRs to down Olga almost, and they still miss even on RAmar. The gearing curve on Ultima is so obscene it drives people away.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ink said:

It is 100 percent a problem... Its not a problem if you have been playing the server for 15 years and have every single item... But most of the community that is playing now has not been playing that long. Theres a group of players who have everything they need... What about everyone else who doesnt... Like i said its extremely disrespectful of new players time. I personally dont care about the veterans who already have every single item in the game I am trying to make it enjoyable for newer players trying to gear up. If you dont understand that you are delusional.

Not here to argue about all the things that could be improved on ultima... All I want is a very easy to implement improvement to the server that the majority of active players would be delighted to have.

Edited by Mr.Feeger

29 minutes ago, Mr.Feeger said:

What about everyone else who doesnt...

Play the game ? As for using Happy hour to get gear is just lame . I can say for one i get most of my gear out of Happy hour . I have rolled new alt on ultima only using what i find. So to say im delusional just goes to show you don't play enough.

The only thing i dont like with ultima is the fast levelling of new players this is a problem they hit ult with no max mag and materials and then find it hard as not used the time properly to gear up . 

Or maybe the drop rate changes have happened and thats why not seeing as much HH going on now , but until we get clear clarification . who knows but Larva

Edited by ink
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1