Magic the Gathering

Lemon

My fiance and I have a couple of modern decks and a couple of EDH decks. I have a really crappy mono black vampire deck, and my fiance has a GB elf deck and a UW flicker deck. Our commander decks are colorless artifact (mine) and RU artifact (hers).

I played back in highschool. I stopped though because I couldn't bother to spend money to keep up to date. I never really built decks, I just liked drafting with someone who had a massive amount of cards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott18 said:

It isn't to hard to learn. The rules are pretty simple and when they print new word based effects with explanations of what they do on cards. It is just expensive to play good decks in any format.

The rules needed to play are pretty simple.  It can get really complicated really fast though when you start diving into layering and priority and such.  I think it's one of those games best learned by watching\doing. 

10 hours ago, cloor said:

I always wanted to learn to play MTG, seems so interesting.

I recommend going to a game story that runs tournaments and asking them to teach you.  Chances are they'll have free 'Welcome Decks' that they'll give you too.

Edited by Lemon
clarity