XBOX One controller issue/PSO questions

I'm new to this specific game. I've come from playing PSO2 so I don't know what's different between both games. One thing I'm having issue with is that my right analog stick doesn't seem to be working with the game so I can't turn my character around, and attack monsters. I'm just using my left, and slowly turning around. Is there a way to map the controller so I can use my right analog stick?

From playing PSO2, I'm used to dodging a lot as a ranger, I'm trying to do the same in PSO, and yeah can't seem to do that lol. Is there dodging in the game? If so, how do you do this on a controller?

Hey there. Welcome to the forums. I've no experience of PSO2, so I'll try to answer as best I can.

The right analogue stick, to my knowledge, does nothing. It's a bit of a pain. If you have the default pad bindings, hitting down on your left stick should move you backwards, or towards the camera. If left and right actually turn you without moving, that's something I have no experience with, and would recommend the default setup. The default pad does (for some reason) have B and X flipped, so you'd need to reset those.

"Dodging" in PSO is basically timing the backwards move to move out of range momentarily whilst the enemy attacks. It requires a bit of timing (and someone who can explain this better) but what essentially happens is: Enemy telegraphs attack > tap back > enemy misses > tap forwards > kick the shit out of them. That all takes place within a second or so.

Give me a shout if you need any more help =)

There is no dodging like in PSO2.  To dodge, you need to walk out of enemy range.  Some tricks to help is that if you open the menu, you will not slow while around enemies.

There should be a way to map it to the right analog stick in the controller settings in game. I've never done it (or played with controller) so you'll have to figure that out on your own.  The right analog stick shouldn't be doing anything with the default controls.

what i do to move around quick is map camera button to Right bumper button so as im turn a analog stick i hit the camera button and like "snap" around fast. You need to use the camera button to move around in this game good. I use my left stick to just move up right down left etc in those directions then set my right stick to just work for up down so when im walking with left stick i can be in my menu's moving it around with the right at the sametime. I also use Anti Macro to mpa buttons to my controller as i find this better then xpadder was.

Yea, this game doesn't have full camera control the way you would see in modern games. There is only the 'center camera' button, which centers camera behind your character. As a seperate thing we do have the /cam command which will unlock the camera from the character and allow you to fly around with it, but that's more for taking screenshots or exploring or stuff.

Dodging enemies requires you to bait out their attacks. After some practice you'll learn the range they want to attack you at, and then moving even the tiniest bit will dodge their attacks. If you are near an enemy and can target with them with any move, your character will go into a guard position and slow to a walk. Using a menu, be it shorcut menu or symbol chat or full menu can prevent you from targeting things and thus always run (if possible, having nothing that can target on 0-9 and using back palette can be ideal, since you can still use center camera freely. Useful on casts who can map only items and traps on 0-9, and attacks to front palette).

Controllers can be handy for dodging, since not only will the slightest movement dodge, you can follow up with snap attack, where you do kind of a smash attack input to instantly face that direction and attack. This can allow you to do extremely tiny dodges and then instantly follow up with an attack. When executed properly, it's like you are dodging on the spot. Here is a vid which has a good example at around 3:40-3:45 (the vid quality is bad and it is sped up, but the guy executes 2 tiny dodge>snaptarget chains in a row, so you can see how good dodging can take not only minimal distance, but minimal time as well). This sort of thing can make dodging really interesting in this game.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just kind of learning on the fly. Trying figure what missions to do at first, and all. I'm using the advice trying to adjust. Yeah there's a section it where it says you can map the right analog stick, but it doesn't do anything. I have to look in the direction of the monsters, and hit R1 to turn around.