Idea for limited time combo unlock mini event : )

Hi all : ) I've had this idea for awhile now and decided make a thread to see if this idea is A possible and B gonna interest people . So my idea is for a mini event where for maybe upto 2 weeks ALL combo locked weapons are unlocked : 0 I assume there more people like me that have not experienced certain weapons unlocked and there are loads of fun weapons no one uses due to combo lock imagine a snow queen freezing everything , the rianov 5 actually doing some dps work and the bazookas and launchers that never see any game time finally coming out of storage. Yes I know some of these are locked for a reason : / and if need be to stop power farming of certain high price items some drops like RR might need to be suspended but there are already some OP weapons on the server why not give a chance to see if things like a 50 hit belra launcher can do some work with its combo enabled and the poor mans gal gryphon basher the canon rouge at full power actual hitting on hard attack : ) so let me know what you think and if a Dev or gm can say if this is even an achievable thing to ask for . Thanks for reading : )

• Like 1

It would be pretty cool but some of the weapons might be too op unlocked, then people could use them to farm rare stuff easier (like you mentioned), and I don't think people would like the idea of suspending certain rare drops like red ring, since not all people would be taking advantage of these combo locked weapons anyways. Some people would still wanna just hunt.

It would be cool to test things out though. I know on Ephinea there's a sandbox mode where you can just test things out. I haven't tried it though so I can't say much about that.

• Like 1

It is possible. After all DF and DM were locked in the first place.

Now... no hard feeling, but I don't see any point in this idea =/

I mean, either it's done or not, some people will have a bit of fun with it, some will not care, and then it will end.

It's much more like a quick experiment and I think you can do it yourself on your own private server.

It sounds more like giving pointless work to the GMs, than fun for everyone.

@tru The sandbox does not allow one to unlock weapons (which is kinda weird to me but well) >.>

Edited by Misombre

Well my thoughts behind it are that why are some weapons still locked for combo when they could be useable and fun . I know l&k 38 and master raven are locked due to there strength back in the day but here DM and iron faust are unlocked (and yes df and also burning visit )so why not unlock weapons such as gi gue bazooka and belra cannon and the others ? This isn't a sega server 15 years ago and there are some OP server made weapons which out class nearly all original game weapons so why not do it? Just seems strange and pointless with other weapons that can kill a room to be ok but that the original items to be in there outdated useless form. But as I've noticed about this place change is slow and a break from the norm is bad so I will let my idea go as wishful thinking instead of letting people make there own opinions on wether a weapon is trash or not in a useable form

Edited by solo guy

Lol... well depends... I think all the replies were based in the "Limited time ... event"

If it were to stay combo unlocked, it might be fun... but it all depends on larva at the end.

Ah well in the context of that then soly the limited time thing was purely based on the fact that the mini event would be a trial or test to see if these items are game breaking or op , I guessed that making a thread about unlocking the combo on all weapons would get shot down so I thought if it was possible give people a taste let them try weapons they thought were useless and maybe after event had finished we could then ask for permenant unlock also the time thing was so l&k and master raven known items that people have strong thoughts over could be let loose for a short period so we all at least could see why they won't be coming bk soon

lol ty soly for not saying no at the 1st hurdle , alot of the stuff like the enemy part weapons and rocket punch are just fun and worst case scenario they get locked again and put back in the 5 for 1pd pile : )

It's true that there is no point for some weapons to be combo locked ^^

But there is no need for 'test' at this stage, Veteran and Gm here already know I think what would be op and what is not anyway.

So if it were to be unlocked, that would for good, not limited in time.

It's all resting on Larva's shoulders at the end *whistle*