Returning to PSO and I'm stoked

My brother and I used to play PSO religiously upon it's original release on the Dreamcast, and then we continued to play it when the GameCube version was launched. The game was always unbelievably addicting, and on a whim yesterday I googled POS servers and found this fine server, and immediately let my brother know. We could not be anymore excited.

Long story short, we plan on begining our journey tonight, and I was wondering if there were any community lobbies or aids to get brand new players on their feet. I know I remember a big problem early on is simply getting Meseta. I am not looking for hand outs, or requesting anything really, just wondering how well the community supports the newer players if and where it is needed.

I think we both intend to play Hunters, but I am also torn between a Humar, a Ramar, and a Racaseal as I had one of each in the originals. I hope to see you all on and look forward to leveling up and pushing towards Ultimate Edition and level 200. :onion107:

• Like 1

Welcome to ultima! Meseta shouldn't be an issue and if you search well you find really helpful peoples to aid you in your journey, any questions about the game feel free to ask on the forum or on the lobby.

I'll definitely help you out xD send me a PM when you can

Will do, would you like me to PM you on here, or in game?

I failed to mention that in the original versions, many items were "Duped" or basically mods in the game, and I was hoping this community was largely devoid of that. It made the rarer items simply not rare on the dreamcast and gamecube, and kinda sucked.

Oh yeah there is no cheating on this server. The GMs are always on top of things so anyone who tries something like that will be banned. I would suggest RAmar as the best choice for starting out. He's an easy character to use starting out and he has great potential once you get to level 200. If you find me in game, I'll give you free meseta and maybe some other stuff. People on this server tend to be very welcoming to new players. I'm sure you and your brother will enjoy being here very much c:

• Like 1

Oh yeah there is no cheating on this server. The GMs are always on top of things so anyone who tries something like that will be banned. I would suggest RAmar as the best choice for starting out. He's an easy character to use starting out and he has great potential once you get to level 200. If you find me in game, I'll give you free meseta and maybe some other stuff. People on this server tend to be very welcoming to new players. I'm sure you and your brother will enjoy being here very much c:

Sounds awesome, I couldn't stand that when I played before. There were "duped" items everywhere back then, and it was irritating. And the help sounds cool, I haven't decided on a character name yet either, but I am stoked.

I appreciate the advice on the Ramar, but I remember these things from back in the day, :onion-head68:

Sounds awesome, I couldn't stand that when I played before. There were "duped" items everywhere back then, and it was irritating. And the help sounds cool, I haven't decided on a character name yet either, but I am stoked.

I appreciate the advice on the Ramar, but I remember these things from back in the day, :onion-head68:

Yeah back in middle school, I played pso with my friend on the gamecube and it was tons of fun. I put over 500 hours on that game and I had multiple characters over level 100, then we got our hands on an action replay and it just wasn't fun after that. Now we play on this server and it's so much better. This game stays fresh because the events that occur on this server throughout the year c: