Would you guys consider an unmodded branch of PSO BB on Ultima?

Hoppimike

I would prefer that :)

I mean, events and things are ok, but leaving the game as it is, as it was back on the official servers. No higher EXP rates, no higher drop rates, nothing like that, just the same as it was back on the official servers ( "vanilla" ) other than aesthetic details like celebrations for different times of year and so on.

Surely other people want this too not just me? I just don't think PSO needed to be changed, I think it's perfect the way it was. Faster leveling just feels less satisfying to me.

Anyone agree? :)

Also sorry if this thread is in the wrong section - hopefully it's in the right place!

Hoppimike

Edited by Hoppimike

I made my own server of PSO some time ago, without extras, just the basic pso, I'm sure the files are around there somewhere to be downloaded, the original game, you run it with your computer and such.

It's not hard to set up, once you kill the desire of vanilla you go back to Ultima :3 fun fun!

• Like 1

But I want a POPULAR vanilla server lol

I would use... a server that shall remain nameless... but they are down all the time these days :(

It's not really about having my fill of vanilla PSO, it's just about wanting to play the game as it was intended to be played ^_^

Edited by Hoppimike

That server is far from "vanilla" unless you use gamecube/dreamcast. Honestly, I don't think it would be popular. Nothing new would ever happen. Ultima users are conditioned to return for events.

Well, you could have new things, like events and celebrations and stuff. And you can of course change small things like varying music in lobbies and all that sort of stuff. Hey I mean there could even be new levels or quests or whatever but... the CORE game should be the same, I think!

I mean hey... if PSO needed mods then Yuji Naka would have put them in himself, right? ^_^

I erm... just don't get why we can't have a modded server/ship/whatever and an unmodded one too?

I guess it's mainly the fast leveling that I don't like, but I guess I also just like to play the game the way Sega / Sonic Team / Yuji Naka intended :D

Edited by Hoppimike

Just a side note (if you are new here) that we have a 5x experience event going on. This only happens periodically throughout the year. From level 1-160 it's normally 3x experience. After that it's 2x experience. It is possible to level very quickly right now. It's not normally this ridiculously fast.

Honestly if enough people request this, it still technically could happen. I would not be the person to implement this type of change, however. I'm just stating my own personal opinion. I've played at 1x experience. By level 150, I hated the game. The increased experience is one of the things I like about ultima.

Just a side note (if you are new here) that we have a 5x experience event going on. This only happens periodically throughout the year. From level 1-160 it's normally 3x experience. After that it's 2x experience. It is possible to level very quickly right now. It's not normally this ridiculously fast.

Honestly if enough people request this, it still technically could happen. I would not be the person to implement this type of change, however. I'm just stating my own personal opinion. I've played at 1x experience. By level 150, I hated the game. The increased experience is one of the things I like about ultima.

Granted I never, ever got that far lol

The highest level I have ever reached on PSO is 107, which was on the 'Cube.

I guess it was slow... and I guess I do understand the advantage(s) of keeping a game "alive". I mean Ver. 2 on the Dreamcast increased the level cap from 100 to 200, and of course that was a core game change. I just hope we don't get too carried away. I did find that, at present at least, I was leveling so fast that I just couldn't appreciate leveling anymore... you know? Like I went up 2 levels at once and stuff! I love that buzz you get when you FINALLY level your character and the little music plays and you're like "Yes!!". Problem with leveling being too fast is that that buzz is gone or diminished, if that makes sense.

I suppose it's tricky to get this right for everyone - people have different ideas about how it should be set up.

Also when I level unusually fast like this, I have this weird background niggle that I am cheating haha

Strange I know... I was always one of the passionate anti-hackers back on the Dreamcast game, after all! :)

I promise once you hit level 160 it is not so fast and ridiculous. (It also is painfully slow from levels 75-90 when you can't quite enter ultimate yet.) If you aren't running RT and other high-experience quests, you still will be excited to level. Actually, even then it can sometimes take 2-3 runs of RT between levels. But by that point, you'll be able to equip things that aren't just for very low level characters.

But yes, I know what you mean about wanting to keep things unmodified... Nostalgia for the old days of PSO.

there alot of get lvl fast mission here..if u up for it.. ep1 there toward the future, path to salvation, wrath of forest, Max Attack A<B<C

ep2 there respective tomorrow,max attack A<B<C<S

ep4 there MAX Attack A<B<C,

well there should be no problem

I promise once you hit level 160 it is not so fast and ridiculous. (It also is painfully slow from levels 75-90 when you can't quite enter ultimate yet.) If you aren't running RT and other high-experience quests, you still will be excited to level. Actually, even then it can sometimes take 2-3 runs of RT between levels. But by that point, you'll be able to equip things that aren't just for very low level characters.

But yes, I know what you mean about wanting to keep things unmodified... Nostalgia for the old days of PSO.

I suppose it's not so bad, and it is true that I've seen it at 5x.

I just feel a bit weird when I don't play a game the way it was originally meant to be played, if that makes sense. Overall I would personally say I prefer things close to "vanilla", at least when it comes to the fundamentals of the game.

On the flip side though it is truly great that the game is still alive and still feels vibrant and active after all these years. Many games haven't survived anywhere close to this well.

So, long live PSO!

Edited by Hoppimike

The issue I find with 1x exp is that it's a CONSTANT level grind. That's what the game turns to. Hunting PGF, if I do a seabed run on 1x, there's no hopes of me leveling up at 195. Even at 195, however, I can still level with mere casual play. It's not like I'm RT grinding from level 1 to 200.

there a dead test server out there everything is un moded so go there...one person is not spoiling it for the rest of us..bye bye

Don't need to be so rude with him. Is just his opinion.