EP2 Control Center/Seaside area telepipe crash 2 desktop

Alright guys, I'm at my wits end here...

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times these past few days to try to stop this bug to no avail.

I've adjusted or tried turned off every game client graphics setting or returned them to default and detail to see if something would lessen or reduce the crashes. I've uninstalled the only graphics change I made which is nothing more than a minimal transparent custom game GUI I got off a PSO website. Still it makes no sense as I have enough CPU/RAM and definitely enough GPU to run this game at near max settings with zero lag in almost any area of the game, yet it still crashes without fail in the seaside area.

I've probably done about 30-40 attempts to try to identify some kind of pattern of why and when this crash occurs. The Control Center telepipe is iffy, sometimes I can get in, sometimes I cannot. I cannot replicate this on the mountain or jungle areas either, they are to me, relatively stable.

Still I cannot find out why this is happening now and why now it's pretty consistent, well at least for the Seaside area, it crashes without fail almost every time I telepipe there, even after a clean re-install. I can't even get back into that area now because of this and it sucks as it's one my favorite areas to play and hunt in.

Bottom line: this leads me to think there is some kind of load error for this area or some asset(s) of the game that is causing the game to crash. I have the latest 3.0 full installer and this is what I've used to re-install the game the past few attempts. The game wants to load the area and nearly does so, only to crash right before I am telepiped in. Perhaps a certain file is corrupted in the downloaded installer or via the in-game updater?

Any and all help is appreciated guys, thanks in advance... I pray we can isolate and figure out what's going on here so we can help others fix this issue, as I saw Shoutgu was experiencing the same issue a few weeks ago.(and I doubt a system restore is going to be necessary to fix this problem, that's overkill IMHO for this issue)

For any other software/hardware gurus out there, here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor

2 gigs of DDR 400,

AsRock K8Upgrade w/ N-Force3 250 chipset

Sapphire 3850HD AGP w/512 megs of DDR3

Windows XP SP3, 32-bit

AMD Cataylst drivers ver. 9.4 AGP

Edited by Trigunman

Sorry that you are having a lot of trouble.

Shout's problem was actually a faulty .dll I forget the name I could research it for you, and it seems to happen a lot with Windows XP as part of the security updates that corrupt it.

Well squish did send me this:

1)If you have a corrupt or missing ntdll.dll file, you can repair or replace the file by using the Windows repair software. This will replace the ntdll.dll file with a working version.

2)Older versions of ntdll.dll were subject to a security risk, but this was solved by security updates issued by Microsoft. Make sure your service packs and security updates are completely up-to-date by running a system update.

3) Re-installing the dll Hold down the Windows key and press "R." Or, if using a version of Windows prior to Vista, Click on the "Start" menu, and then click "Run." (See

Alright, now we're getting somewhere! I'll try to find and replace the ntdll.dll file tonight, see if works on my machine and report my results afterward, thanks a bunch guys!

Not the fanciest specs but that shouldn't be the problem. Hopefully what Shoutgu suggests helps as it's the first time someone reports this bug iirc.

Have you tried troubleshooting in windowed mode? Also have you tried it with a different character, or a character with no items in inventory? Did this occur before the Legend of Zelda event? Tried playing with the music and sound off?

You sure it's not the fog crashing you? There are antifog skins available. Or go to options and on advanced settings mess around a bit with the particle settings. Just a suggestion.

That's strange you mention that Shoutgu, this did start happening consistently only until recently with the Zelda event it seems from what I remember...

And yea guys, I've probably tried every suggestion and angle you're recommended so far, namely the launcher's graphics options Chuk... I've even returned most of my graphic's drivers to default to try to see if some option I've set was causing it. I've haven't tried other characters yet though, I've only been using Triblader so far during my testing... So I'll give that a shot tonight with Trigunman and Triforcer.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions guys, keep it coming. We'll bust this bug eventually...

• 3 weeks later...