Question about item theft

Sokin

Do you mean an open room to hunt?

Well, the name of the room was the item I was looking for, and when it dropped, someone else took it and refused to drop it, saying "i'm hunting for it too" without telling me that before hand.

Without permission, yes

Ok, what would I need in order to report it, if possible?

Did they know you were hunting the item? Did they agree to help or didn't they say anything?

Well, the name of the room was "Kasumi Hunt" which I meant as "I'm hunting a Kasumi Bracer." They joined, but didn't really say anything until after they took it

From what I can tell, and I shall be very "to the point" here; is that when I someone making a public room on something they want to hunt, needless to say most people that will join will also be hunting that item, unless you agree on an order on who gets what when it drops it might make it difficult. True one might argue that some people are there to help; however sadly, people don't GENERALLY help someone they haven't gotten the time to know; unless they are bored as hell xD

My advice is:

1) Make some friends, let them run with you

2) Try to hunt alone if it's possible, (level up if you need to)

3) Try to communicate better

4) If all fails, take constant screenies, so that you could post them if you feel ummm betrayed.

I could try and help you, if you want :)

Edited by squish
  • Like 2

From what I can tell, and I shall be very "to the point" here; is that when I someone making a public room on something they want to hunt, needless to say most people that will join will also be hunting that item, unless you agree on an order on who gets what when it drops it might make it difficult. True one might argue that some people are there to help; however sadly, people don't GENERALLY help someone they haven't gotten the time to know; unless they are bored as hell xD

My advice is:

1) Make some friends, let them run with you

2) Try to hunt alone if it's possible, (level up if you need to)

3) Try to communicate better

4) If all fails, take constant screenies, so that you could post them if you feel ummm betrayed.

I could try and help you, if you want :)

Yeah, did have a feeling it was kind of my own fault for not communicating effectively. I think i'll just rack this up as a "learning experience" and be more mindful in the future.

Good ways to spot 'Looters'(people who are there just to pick up/steal away rares):

They often join rooms labeled xxxx hunt, rare hunt, etc. and are either way under leveled or don't actually fight monsters.

They often don't say anything or ask anything about joining or the room you're in.

They will tail you and pick up everything and anything they can with little or no regard for what it is.

If you notice these things, specifically tell them that you are hunting the item and start taking screenshots.
I've had this happen a couple of times and it is incredibly frustrating. But in the end your best bet is to just lock the room and hunt with those you trust.

i just found one of these by doing black papers deal 1 on very hard and taking the rappy route, i did it twice and my bracer dropped :3 its the lowest armor version you can find but still an excellent shield :3

that's my suggestion if you are still looking, if i find another you can have it :D im always on BPD, my favourite quests :D

Officially, unless you create rules in your room that everyone agrees to it really is first come first serve. If they take the first item knowing you are hunting it, it just means they are a douche. We run into this every December with PGF drops. There are plenty of high-level characters that are generous and help others. Once you find a good team you won't run into this problem.

• Like 2

I guess you should hunt down some good and nice players to help out before you hunt the items. ^ ^;