Can't connect to game

Everything was working fine yesterday, but today after I downloaded the patch I was able to select my character, but after that I was unable to connnect. For a short while it was trying to connect, then it froze up and gave me the option to send a bug report. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Any other error number before you got the dialog box? If you've been able to go to the character screen that means you can connect to the server. At what exact moment did it crash? While bursting during the joining of a ship/ entering lobby?

• Like 1

Apparently one of the patched .exe files is corrupted from your last patch update.

When your game patches, pay attention to the .exe files it patches/downloads to find out which one is affected in case the patch botches your install. In most cases you can delete that .exe and re-download it through the in-game patcher and theoretically that should fix your problem allowing you to log-in to the server again.

Like I've had this happen to me before, but above all, talk to Lee or Larva to find your best course of action, as the above solution may not be the solution to YOUR particular problem.

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

step one, go to wherever antivirus you have, and in the exclutions add the entire directory of the game, C:\phantasy star online blue burts.

step two. inside the game directory erase the data folder and the psobb.exe and the pobbw.exe

step three, download the patch (rar file) from the website, inside the rar file, copy to the game directory ONLY the files you deleted above, the data folder and the two exes.

try to connect again and you will get some update from the patch server.

let us know the results.