speeding up my labtop...? how too...

hackleman8

Hey please don't respond unless you know what ur talking about..I need to speed up my labtop I'm so laggy on pso...its like a graphics lag when bosses spawn and do specials like the fire balls from snake in ep2 or ice breath from silver dragon in rt but I believe it has something to do with processes that are running in my back ground or memory cached in my disks drives Idk much about computers but anything to speed up my performance would be.nice..even if I have to sacrifice some graphics help plz?

Start > Run > type "msconfig" and hit enter. Choose startup. Uncheck any stuff you don't want to start with windows. Save and reboot. That should free up some ram.

Laptop ram is cheap. Buy more. ;) On most laptops it is very easy to upgrade.

• Like 2

''control pannel'', ''sytem'', ''advanced options'' ''settings'' (the top one) then you will see tick boxes! click the on that says ''ajust for best perfromance'' and also next to it will be '' it will say ''advanced'' and at the bottom it will say ''virtual memory'' which is virtual ram! change the virtual ram it will have ''inital size'' which u should change to 3000, then maximum which should be changed to 4000, this just increases ur virtual ram so you're graphics has more of a performance with out you're normal ram being used for windows (:

one more thing, if you know how to do this then when you first turn on laptop go to ''bios'' then the option graphics settings, some where it'll have the power of the graphics that it is running at, if its running lower then what it can handle, then change it to its maximum handle!

i have done all these options on my computer and hardly ever lag any more (:

but the changing the virtual memory size is the best option if you dont want to acess you're bios (:

Run your game at the lowest possible settings. If that don't work, buy a new graphics card (You can get one that can run PSO widescreen for about 40-80$) or PC. If your laptop has a shared memory between the on board graphics and CPU, then a RAM upgrade will help.

• Like 1

Run your game at the lowest possible settings. If that don't work, buy a new graphics card (You can get one that can run PSO widescreen for about 40-80$) or PC. If your laptop has a shared memory between the on board graphics and CPU, then a RAM upgrade will help.

yes this is also a very good idea to buy a new graphics card, ebay sells them for cheap try get a nvida g force 512mb they go for around £15-20 second hand and easly run just make sure u check it before buying it lol

but if you dont want to send money do my option (':

Hope your not running on Intel Graphics. Try turning off Advanced Effect in options, run game at lower resolution. There is a utility called CCleaner which is great for clearing up junk stored on the PC if u have a crap load of stuff.

without knowing the specs of your failtop it's hard to tell you whether it can be sped up or not.

Ill have to get back to you about the specs I've tried everything.listed from every1 else except the BIOS and virtual ram after trying a few things and stopping a couple of programs that start up when booting it still seams like every 15 mins or so something.is opening up and running while playing

Ill have to get back to you about the specs I've tried everything.listed from every1 else except the BIOS and virtual ram after trying a few things and stopping a couple of programs that start up when booting it still seams like every 15 mins or so something.is opening up and running while playing

why u no try virtual ram o: and yeah every 15mins or so something new will start to run, thats just how windows works, only stop the things u know! other wise you could risk just fucking up ur laptop and hard drive, best bet is new graphics card, or more ram (: both pretty cheap and easy to fit you're self