PSOBB Mac port (IN PROGRESS!)

Yes you heard it right! A Mac port! Once it's completed I will post it here. BUT in the meantime you can check out this preview of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDnD6eBEL4

This Port is used with Wineskin. I created a custom package to make it easier for folks that just don't want to fuss around with getting it working. To help get this bug fixed please make sure you stop by at http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12964 The more people that post in there the sooner it will get fixed.

Credit goes out to the developers of WINE and Wineskin for making this happen.

CHEERS!

Edited by DJEmergency
  • Like 2

I'm sorry but this is hardly a "port". You've just packaged both of the games together with Wine from what I'm assuming from you're videos and your post on the WINE forum.

You didn't exactly put any form of effort into this other than the icons, this isn't your work in the slightest: If anything you're taking other peoples work and claiming it as your own.

And look forward to the progress guys: PSOBB has been broken for a long time on WINE and I doubt it's going to be fixed any time in the near future.

Edited by Krigo
  • Like 1

I'm sorry but this is hardly a "port". You've just packaged both of the games together with Wine from what I'm assuming from you're videos and your post on the WINE forum.

You didn't exactly put any form of effort into this other than the icons, this isn't your work in the slightest: If anything you're taking other peoples work and claiming it as your own.

And look forward to the progress guys: PSOBB has been broken for a long time on WINE and I doubt it's going to be fixed any time in the near future.

Dude.. do you like bashing people or something? ofc it's using wine and who says it's not a port? It clearly is a port if it works natively inside OSX. Do you know what WINE stands for? It means "Wine Is Not an Emulator" and the only thing I did was making it work using it with wine. This will be a package so that people can download it and just drag it to their Applications folder. No need to install anything. It will just run like a normal app would.

Edited by DJEmergency

This isn't a port, to label it so is laughable, what exctly do you have to do with wine doing all the work even though wine doesn't even fully work with psobb anyway. this is like me posting bootcamp is a port and slapping my name on a how to guide saying i fixed it. Second

It's not running naitivly at all its using emulated windows system calls from with in wine.

Brb doing my own port *downloads wine*. Oh wait....

lol retarded seriously.