QEdit Adding item data to registers (Help)

tiagosantos

I was trying to create a quest with QEdit and in this quest I need to put the item data in a register (or 4, since it is XXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXX). But I can't seem to find an opcode to do that (get item HEX values). Anyone can help ? :x

I haven't worked with QEdit yet, so I don't know all available methods. But there's a member called Rika who made quite some nice things with QEdit, maybe you should ask that person.

Omg, something I find interesting.

So, your trying to put information about the item in registers?

If so, will the player be selecting this said item?

The op code your looking for is get_item_info .

To use it, you have to have used get_item_id after open_pack_select

So:

open_pack_select //let's the said client choose a item in inventory
get_item_id r1 */make's a value for what was selected and put's it in a register, if no item was chosen it will return FFFFFFFF*/
get_item_info r1, r2 */get's the data from the register used with get_item_id, then stores it in r2 and beyond (after r2 we have r3,r4,r5, etc each register each being the next byte (r2 - r5 should be the first dword, r6 - r9 should be dword 2, etc)*/

You can also:

First define the item

Let's use whatever the item I put here is

leti r1, 00000003
leti r2, 00000012
leti r3, 00000012
item_check r1, r4 */checks r1 and after it so, r1, r2 and r3. Then stores a new value. Will return  FFFFFFFF if the client doesn't own the item*/
get_item_info //as before. this should work anyway, use it with r4 in item_check

Edited by Rika
  • Like 2

I was trying to create a quest with QEdit and in this quest I need to put the item data in a register (or 4, since it is XXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXX). But I can't seem to find an opcode to do that (get item HEX values). Anyone can help ? :x

And in case it wasn't clear from the above posts -- if you want to actually control every piece of the item data (grind, percents, slots, evp and dfp above base, srank names, mag stats, etc..), you would need 16 (12 if it isn't a mag) registers, not just 4.

The last 4 bytes are only used by mags and stored a bit differently. I haven't messed with it in qedit at all; it might be handled a bit differently, but you probably wouldn't really need to deal with this anyway.