PSO qedit video tutorials

Rika

New video. This shows how to make monsters spawn and unlock doors after they are killed. I'll go back to scripting after this one.

Really wish I could rename the topic to "PSO qedit video tutorials".

And yeah, what choko said.

Edited by Rika
  • Like 1

New vid. This shows a little how registers work. This is a bit more complicated than the other videos, but you should be able to figure it out since I'm showing you.

The code used in this one with comments:

0:       set_episode 00000000 //sets the games episode to episode 1
            set_floor_handler 00000000, 300 //this tells pso to call function 300 whenever you enter floor 0
            ret //ends the function

300:     leti R5, 00000032 //make r5 = 0x32 (50) feel free to try other values
            leti R6, 00000032 //make r6 = 0x32 (50) feel free to try other values
            let R7, R5 //copies r5's value to r7. so, r7 would be 50
            add R7, R6 //this adds r6 to r7. so, r6+r7. which is 100 in this case
            window_msg '<r5> + <r6> = <r7>' //displays a window_msg. The value of r5, r6, and r7
            winend //closes the window_msg box after you hit enter
            ret  //ends the function

• Like 1

Well, this is a video on objectives. Shows making a npc, that will show different text (jump to a different function, hint hint) after you do something for her. In this case, going to forest1.

Oh, also, I just learned that youtube's video time limit is 15 minutes, not 10. Also, upon submitting this one, I can now upload videos over 15 minutes. I'm a little more inclined to show the actual quest starting npc. It's not hard, but it takes a lot more op codes to do and would probably take at least 20 minutes to show. So, maybe I'll work on that later/tomorrow.

Also, before you even see this topic there's another sticky right near it that has "first stop" on it. If I were the learner, I would be clicking that first. xD

Can always link this topic in that topic.

• Like 1

Renamed and pinned.

I think it's cool what you're doing. Keep up the good work~

actually what your doing here rika is awesome, thanks for this and keep the hard work.

Also, before you even see this topic there's another sticky right near it that has "first stop" on it. If I were the learner, I would be clicking that first. xD

Can always link this topic in that topic.

true i will link this topic in to that one

Edited by Larva

This video explains how a to make it so you spawn by the quest client, automatically talking to them, the quest being started. Shows different stages of text, and the actual "completing" of a quest. This video is 27 minutes long and is a bit more complicated than the other videos, this video should be very useful though.

And thanks. xD

If anyone has any questions, you can ask in this topic/ask in a comment on the video.

Edited by Rika
  • Like 1