Explaination on why a character gets ? items and loses everything?

Any ways to prevent this from happening or it's just going to happen every now and then?

What reasons could cause this besides disconnects or depositing items in bank?

Strangely enough trading this can happen shortly after a disconnect,so that item is useless as well. Lost that wand I got from my friend yesterday on my force Tatsuhiro character slot 3. Item lost Storm Wand:Indra.

I lost a bunch of other items that were rare on my character so hoping on a rollback along those grinders:(

Edited by StevenTran
  • Like 1

Any ways to prevent this from happening or it's just going to happen every now and then?

What reasons could cause this besides disconnects or depositing items in bank?

Strangely enough trading this can happen shortly after a disconnect,so that item is useless as well. Lost that wand I got from my friend yesterday on my force Tatsuhiro character slot 3. Item lost Storm Wand:Indra.

I lost a bunch of other items that were rare on my character so hoping on a rollback along those grinders:(

It's going to most likely happen every now and then, it's just because the coding for PSOBB may have a few kinks or bugs that cause these problems to occur. if you want a rollback you need your guildcard as well, and you may want to make a seperate thread for the rollback as admins and others may not notice your request for a rollback among the text. enjoy.

• Like 1

Here's my theory about the ??? items :

GOD HATES US!!

No, I think it has to do with a broken link. Your bank is actually a list of pointers who refer to an object in a database.

Due to lagg or errors in the connection, the pointer and the actual item 'lose' eachother. Therefore, the pointer in your bank doesn't know

where to point to, and causes all other pointers to mess up. Its hard to resolve as many things causes bugs in PSO.

However, the common bank tends to be the biggest bug-bringer so try to avoid putting valuable stuff in it.

This is just my theory, could be wrong, I've never really looked to the PSOBB code indepth.

also take in mind. most of these servers are NOT using a source code.

the closest thing, is sodaboy's server, which is pretty much the most stable template when it comes

to making a server.

but the thing is, as long as there is no source code, expect flaws.

Let me make a suggestion.

Reload the ship(not just the lobby) before u do a trade or give anything away.

By doing this it saves ur character data. And if your inventory is out of sync it will go back to what it should be..

• Like 2

Let me make a suggestion.

Reload the ship(not just the lobby) before u do a trade or give anything away.

By doing this it saves ur character data. And if your inventory is out of sync it will go back to what it should be..

I do that often, and never had an ??? item, so he speaks the truth!

PROPHET! :o