What level should I be to start hard?

click2winipod

36 minutes ago, click2winipod said:

Hello, I have recently cleared normal on a hunter. He's level 24 as of now, and I cleared ruins with some friends. I went to hard and it was actually ridiculous how hard the enemies were. How should I level from here? Any specific quests to help level?

Greetings Click2winipod! 

This is kind of a rather subjective answer as this ultimately depends on your gear, your mag's level, your techs, whether you're attempting this solo or with a full group of help, namely with either of equivalent level characters or either high level characters.

My personal suggestion is to find some higher level characters to power level you through to lvl 50+ if you're having a hard time on hard at the moment.

Bottom line, early on in the game can be tough, especially if this is your first character here on the server.  Later on with other stronger characters, you will hopefully have resources, better low-level gear and most importantly a strong mag (lvl 200 perhaps) starting out with a new character can make them pretty strong "out of the gate" which can speed up leveling exponentially faster and easier.

If you need some help, feel free to contact me in-game with my FOmar, Triforcer.  He can certainly help with this issue for you, courtesy of buffs, debuffing monsters, demoning,(reducing their HP to 1/4th) freezing and paralyzing monsters.

Hope this helps, welcome to Ultima and good hunting!   :onion-head11:

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 2

Leveling a new character on your own sucks enough as it is. Doing it with basic gear is even worse. I'd be happy to help you too. Whether that means playing a low level character with basic gear alongside you, playing a high level character, or just offering you some decent (non-game-breaking) gear, it's all good with me! Just say the word :)

• Like 1

Can you at least clear Forest alone? If so you could try the quest Wrath of Forest (Ultima) which is a good quest for beginners to level up.

If not, you should try to make your room on One Person mode, the monsters are weaker.

Otherwise play with a team.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, R-78 said:

Can you at least clear Forest alone? If so you could try the quest Wrath of Forest (Ultima) which is a good quest for beginners to level up.

If not, you should try to make your room on One Person mode, the monsters are weaker.

Otherwise play with a team.

No, I cannot do it alone on my lower level hunter. And to add to this I have been playing in One Person mode. What could I do besides getting carried to carry on the the game at this level?

Edited by click2winipod

If You can make it through TTF on normal that should help.

I'd say sell items and use the money to feed your mag, it makes a huge difference. 

maybe try hard mode around lvl 35 or 40? But a few more fights with bosses should make a huge difference.

P.S it's tedious, but you can normally pull off two hits and then run, for most enemies this is pretty fool proof, it might take a while to kill monsters, but it will allow you to fight things on hard mode.

Edited by Silly Pider

I can't tell anywhere whether you've played before, so I'm going to assume you haven't.

Ways to get stronger without outside help:

Stats - Things you can grind towards

• Find better gear (drops/shop)
  • Level up
  • Feed your mah

Skill - Things that just take time and playing experience

• Learn the enemies
    • Know what they're capable of, and how to dodge their attacks or abuse the AI
    • Know how to position yourself against every enemy. This also falls into my next point...
  • Learn your own weapon attack patterns
    • This applies to learning the attack pattern for each type of weapon, and knowing when to use normal and strong attacks. With the right timing, many enemies can be stun locked - especially on the earlier difficulties. I can't emphasize what a difference this makes.

Bear in mind, Hunters are - in my opinion - the hardest class to play. You need to be experienced in all the skills I outlined. Any mistake means you'll probably take a hit whereas, say, a Ranger will still have space to run.

• Like 1