Question/Suggestion.

Kiryu13

Well you can't blame a guy for trying! xD

PS. I'm totally stealing your signature idea I didn't know there were steam signature generators around!

I have idea - make a list of rare item's avarage cost. It will be helpful both for newbee or new players on this serv, who play's on another (for example) and don't know market here. For example - last time i play on "......." serv i sold limiter's for 200-250 pd's in comparison here 20 (information from shoutbox). Oh, and if same topic allready exists, i am sorry for that and if you will not complicate, send me link here or PM on topic. Thank you)

I have idea - make a list of rare item's avarage cost. It will be helpful both for newbee or new players on this serv, who play's on another (for example) and don't know market here. For example - last time i play on "......." serv i sold limiter's for 200-250 pd's in comparison here 20 (information from shoutbox). Oh, and if same topic allready exists, i am sorry for that and if you will not complicate, send me link here or PM on topic. Thank you)

There is this topic http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10584-ultima-price-guide-v2/?hl=%2Bprice+%2Bguidebut it's very old, item prices vary with events so sometimes it's hard to get the right price, that topic should work as a base but you might want to check with the veteran players for prices, since they have been here longer they sort of know how are the rates going in average.

There is this topic http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10584-ultima-price-guide-v2/?hl=%2Bprice+%2Bguidebut it's very old, item prices vary with events so sometimes it's hard to get the right price, that topic should work as a base but you might want to check with the veteran players for prices, since they have been here longer they sort of know how are the rates going in average.

Oo thaanks Cyane)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 2 cents:

Dreamcast PSO ver 2 introduced invulnernabililty after getting hit. No matter what hit you, standing or knocked down, you always had time to cast a spell, and especially use an item. As a result, it was very easy to simply not die if that's what you wanted to do (1-hit KOs excepted). All versions of PSO since have continued that invulnerability. The only one that doesn't is DC PSO ver 1.

In PSOv1, it is very possible to die as a result of legitimately being overwhelmed. Or for being careless. A level 34 RAcast can be killed by gillchics in Normal Mines without getting a chance to hit a monomate or telepipe.

So in PSOv1 we used to play what we called hardcore mode: one death = delete character, and lose all items they owned. It's verrrry fun, as I'm sure a few people have tried in other games. It was very common to see a Garanz spawn in, then 3 telepipes suddenly appear as everyone bailed in fear (we only played with other HC players to avoid carries). And when we had a higher level in the team, it was intense harder fighting for loot. PSO's loot is actually really fun and balanced playing this way. You could find a Thunder Rifle at level 2 and that would keep you feeling OP until level 12. Weapon specials were actually fun and enviable.

The sad thing was that when PSOv2 came along, we discovered that it was no longer playable. No-one was dying. Apart from 1-hits and the garanz-PB bug, we were all perfectly safe. So hardcore mode died instead.

Except, Ultimate still uses it. I understand that it's a bit out of reach to simply re-code the game's rules, but I also understand it's possible to edit Ultimate's settings.

So, would it be possible to make a new Ultimate difficulty that Level 1 characters can access, with Normal mode statistics (ideally, Dreamcast statistics), and thus get back the PSOv1 vulnerability for new characters? Or perhaps that needs a whole new server, I don't know. Hey, if there's a new server, could it make it delete characters automatically upon death? But that's not necessary; we played together and just deleted manually already.

Edited by Xenial Jesse

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 cents:

Dreamcast PSO ver 2 introduced invulnernabililty after getting hit. No matter what hit you, standing or knocked down, you always had time to cast a spell, and especially use an item. As a result, it was very easy to simply not die if that's what you wanted to do (1-hit KOs excepted). All versions of PSO since have continued that invulnerability. The only one that doesn't is DC PSO ver 1.

In PSOv1, it is very possible to die as a result of legitimately being overwhelmed. Or for being careless. A level 34 RAcast can be killed by gillchics in Normal Mines without getting a chance to hit a monomate or telepipe.

So in PSOv1 we used to play what we called hardcore mode: one death = delete character, and lose all items they owned. It's verrrry fun, as I'm sure a few people have tried in other games. It was very common to see a Garanz spawn in, then 3 telepipes suddenly appear as everyone bailed in fear (we only played with other HC players to avoid carries). And when we had a higher level in the team, it was intense harder fighting for loot. PSO's loot is actually really fun and balanced playing this way. You could find a Thunder Rifle at level 2 and that would keep you feeling OP until level 12. Weapon specials were actually fun and enviable.

The sad thing was that when PSOv2 came along, we discovered that it was no longer playable. No-one was dying. Apart from 1-hits and the garanz-PB bug, we were all perfectly safe. So hardcore mode died instead.

Except, Ultimate still uses it. I understand that it's a bit out of reach to simply re-code the game's rules, but I also understand it's possible to edit Ultimate's settings.

So, would it be possible to make a new Ultimate difficulty that Level 1 characters can access, with Normal mode statistics (ideally, Dreamcast statistics), and thus get back the PSOv1 vulnerability for new characters? Or perhaps that needs a whole new server, I don't know. Hey, if there's a new server, could it make it delete characters automatically upon death? But that's not necessary; we played together and just deleted manually already.

There are servers that have a deletion upon death feature.

Its against the rules to promote servers on ultima though.

The rules do not state that you cant post your ideas however.

Edited by Voodoo Kitty

my ideas that could improve ultima:

a integrated music player:

how it would work:

you would make a music folder in the psobb folder and add your music in it. label the songs 1-x, and using a command, like /music 1-x

you could play your music ingame instead of the ingame music. to turn it off, you could type /music off

Stand alone IRC:

How it would work: i could make a small irc chatroom program that could be included in the download folder. it would run like a irc, but since it would be

a stand alone program, no one could hack it unless it was uncomplied or something.

3rd party's hack detecter:

how it would work:

using a command, or even a automatic function in psobb, i could make a program that could detect if a person is hacking, by monitoring there ping's average

ratings. when you hack, or use a uniboot trainer, it could cause the offender's ping to rise and it would kick his connection. this wouldnt ban them, but deter them. or add vote kick.

thoughts?

"3rd party's hack detecter:

how it would work:

using a command, or even a automatic function in psobb, i could make a program that could detect if a person is hacking, by monitoring there ping's average

ratings. when you hack, or use a uniboot trainer, it could cause the offender's ping to rise and it would kick his connection. this wouldnt ban them, but deter them. or add vote kick.

thoughts?"

That's a very stupid way to assume someone is hacking. A person's ping could rise for any number of reasons and, assuming someone is hacking b/c their ping isn't the same as yours is just plain dumb. I use iTunes and run downloads while playing and I know it causes my ping to spike irregularly.

If you're going to design a program to detect hackers lets try to make something more useful than your 'Guess-O-Meter' ping idea.

Edited by TheJoker25

Same with replying a post of 2011

In my defense this stuff may be 'old' to you but, it's 'new' to me as I'd never read it before -_- I didn't know much about Ultima or the other servers until after SCHThack crashed. Dumb ideas are still dumb. Doesn't matter how old they are Soly ;)

Edited by TheJoker25