WIP: Monster Rare Drop Rate Viewer

Funplayer

2 minutes ago, Funplayer said:

My idea is to just run an XML parser over the whole thing, program the systematic pattern for the episodes/difficulties using ints, and then just auto-dump the data to a .lua script as a completed data set. Seems easy enough, will just take time.

I have plenty of XML examples in C#, Java, and Python.

But if you parse it in advance then you lose the advantage that we post the event drops there later.  Though you may not want to pull the data each frame, only on init.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lemon said:

But if you parse it in advance then you lose the advantage that we post the event drops there later.  Though you may not want to pull the data each frame, only on init.

I thought about this, but querying the data would require a poke at the html location every time the game runs. I would also then need an xml parser in lua, a language I'm not very familiar with. Not to mention, it would seem kinda shady having a pso plugin query the internet for data.

Edited by Funplayer

Why not letting aside the event drops ?

Considering that :

• When an event starts or ends, the drop table is not updated right away, so people would see wrong stats in the meanwhile (this goes both way, they will also see wrong stats if you do not include the event drops)
  • They might get lost because of that and because the items will be moving around a lot
  • It is indeed shady to pull your data from the web. I like the idea though, but am sure your code will not like it.
  • It might put more stress on the forum too (should not be really an issue at all, but I've seen this forum crash, probably not because of the number of queries, but who knows)
  • It will ask more works from you.
  • It'd be really faster (in execution time) to pull the data properly from a db or included files.
  • It could be used for other PSO servers too, assuming they each have their own db or such

A lot of those arguments are probably weak. But actually, that's because I only have a rough idea of what you want to do. So what's exactly is your plan ?
Like, we're in game, killing monsters, and we can see the drop rate above their head ? Or like a command you type and would display the drop rates of the room ? Would your work be included in PSO or something we have to launch aside of PSO ?

On 6/22/2017 at 9:37 AM, Choko said:

There is no way for a player to get the drop data save for having an admin place the files in an accessible location.

choko like a ninja    :cr-happiness: