programming languages

dragonsl4y

ok guys, now i want to start learning a little bit of programming, mostly so i can mod games and fuck up my college's computers XD its just im not sure where to start.

:onion-head49:

i have no experience in programming but i would like to learn a bit in my spare time. i was thinking of learning c and c++ but im not sure if thats a good place to start and i dont know what programs i'll need. i dont want to spend stupid amounts of money on fancy programs so a cheap method would be appreciated (if a cheap method exists).

i learn pretty quick and i aint too bad at computers, i mean i can build and overclock computers, plus i do silly little things like using daemon tools and game emulators to play gamecube, n64, snes and gameboy games on my computer and i use a DS one card to get free games on my DS lite.

(i'm such a bloody noob LOL)

if anyone could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it.

well first what do you want to do.

second its your first time programming or you had some encounters before ?.

and last how much ram HDD and processor you have ?

if you want to learn well im learning to but i could help you initiate you

right now im programming in C#

so feel free to ask :D

my opinion. best way to start is with C , C++. you dont need to pay for any software , but what you really need is to buy some book ore downloadthem .

i recomend this one http://www.amazon.com/C-How-Program-Paul-Deitel/dp/0136123562/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289205632&sr=1-1

i will download sum books so thanks larva and dj for da suggestions.

my computer is a bit of a peasent's machine right now until i save up the money to upgrade sum bits.

cpu= 3ghz amd athlon 64 X2 dual -core running @ 3.2ghz

hdd= 320gb western digital cavier blue 16mb cache 7200rpm

ram= 4gb ddr2 800mhz dual channel

i hav never done any programming b4 but i would like to learn how to mod and hack games (single-player offline ones only XD i h8 ppl who hack online games) and i would also like to learn how to ..well.... basically...hack into ppl's internet, bypass my college's security software so i can play games and eventually make my own operating system or programs and stuff. im thinking of doing hardware and software at college next year, i found a really cool course =D

a guy my borther used to know when he was at college was like a proper hacker, shutting down programs on other people's computers, accessing peoples wireless internet with his phone, playing games, dual booting computers with linux and windows and pretty much just playing practical jokes on poor classmates who have no knowledge of computers. i would love to do sum of these things but i gotta start sumwhere, or...... maybe i could eat the brain of sumone really smart.......hmmm that could work.......

or maybe i just watch the movie Hackers too much LOL

Edited by dragonsl4y

• 2 weeks later...

Really, you can hack in just about any programming language. Even LOLCODE, but I'd end up killing myself if I coded in that, personally. As for hacking, you actually have to learn the procedures to do so and how to exploit the networks you want access on, simply knowing how to code in itself doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to do everything you want to do; it is a worthwhile skill to learn though. So in addition to learning a programming language you'll need to learn how to exploit whatever it is you're wanting to make a program for.

Personally I kind of like C++ so I'd recommend that, but I've also heard good things about C# and delphi even though I have little to no experience with those languages.

Edited by Choko
  • Like 1

Really, you can hack in just about any programming language. Even LOLCODE, but I'd end up killing myself if I coded in that, personally. As for hacking, you actually have to learn the procedures to do so and how to exploit the networks you want access on, simply knowing how to code in itself doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to do everything you want to do; it is a worthwhile skill to learn though. So in addition to learning a programming language you'll need to learn how to exploit whatever it is you're wanting to make a program for.

Personally I kind of like C++ so I'd recommend that, but I've also heard good things about C# and delphi even though I have little to no experience with those languages.

ok thx choko