Windows 10 Problem??

I'm not entirely sure if this is an issue with Windows 10 or if there's been a change in the game itself, but at the end of Episode 1, Caves 3, Dal Ra Lie boss on Ultimate it's so laggy and choppy it's almost unplayable and beforehand on Windows 7 it was buttery smooth.

Is it a bug? It's odd since I get no lag in game anywhere but there and I've changed graphic settings to minimum and still, same thing. I've never had this problem.

As soon as I go into the red boss area portal it gets choppy but as soon as I kill Dal Ra Lie the lag goes away (even in the same area). Any suggestions?   

Upon further testing, all difficulties of that boss fight lag for me.

So, I tried the Barba Ray fight to see if it lags as well, and now I'm definitely stumped, because even though it's the same style of fight and area it doesn't lag at all. It's buttery smooth.

I'm at a loss. I don't know what the issue is.

Thanks Soly.

And I'm not talking about a slight dip in frame rate, it goes from 60 fps to about 10-15 fps and returns to 60 after I kill the boss, immediately, even in the same boss arena platform where I kill it.     

6 hours ago, ZenReborn said:

I'm not entirely sure if this is an issue with Windows 10 or if there's been a change in the game itself, but at the end of Episode 1, Caves 3, Dal Ra Lie boss on Ultimate it's so laggy and choppy it's almost unplayable and beforehand on Windows 7 it was buttery smooth.

Is it a bug? It's odd since I get no lag in game anywhere but there and I've changed graphic settings to minimum and still, same thing. I've never had this problem.

As soon as I go into the red boss area portal it gets choppy but as soon as I kill Dal Ra Lie the lag goes away (even in the same area). Any suggestions?   

do u have the same issue at  Dal Ra Lie when u playing at the beach during the night?

• 2 weeks later...

I started experiencingthe issue mentioned above AFTER installing the latest Windows 10 anniversary update.  It was working fine before then.  It's choppy and slow as soon as I get to the lobby.  On another laptop without the Windows 10 anniversary update on the same network everything is fine.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Actually I kinda find the game a bit weird lately but idk... I do many things to it.

ZenReborn posted in other thread that the pixel fog was not helping too much, he said emulation fog worked better for him, try that maybe?
Although its more on the graphics side, who knows... more on that he said he has AMD APU.

Edited by Soly