Question about missions / levels

Bawlz Bobaggins

So I played pso back in the dreamcast days and am really happy to get back into it however I don't remember much...

noticed that on this private server there are a lot of missions to choose from story/events/challenges and such and I'm not sure where to begin.  I remember doing a lot of story missions but are they mandatory? Is there any order you guys recommend I do these things in? Also is there a good rule of thumb on what level I should be to do these missions or when I should be moving up in episodes/difficulty? 

Thanks in advance, and if any of you have a good recommendation on where or what missions to farm for some meseta / items to feed a mag with a ranger I'd appreciate it.

I would recommend joining others games to start, it lets you meet more people faster.

The government quests are not required, but to make animal parts weapons I would suggest doing them. Best thing to do is join all ttf and cca games that you can for now. level up a character and such. another thing that helps is learning about maxing your characters stats for the id that your running. I personally use a thread here on a forum to check. I suggest you look at

Dont go for the first one you see, read through them all.. Another thing,before making a strong character, look for what your id drops to decide what sector id you want. U want an id that will drop what you would need for your character the most.

For an id calculator I use http://www.pso-world.com/secid_BB.php

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the info and links going to check it all out

i finished all of the story missions in solo games for episode one, and when I try to start episode 2 story quests it says I can't... Is there something I'm missing, do I have to host regular games and do some missions there?

edit: just found the principal mission line, I'm assuming that's what I was over looking

Edited by Bawlz Bobaggins

Yea there are no ep 2 one player quests under the main story category, Sonicteam got lazy and never made any. The government quests from the lab is the closest thing you can get to a story mode for ep2, they various gov quests are a new addition to blue burst to try to give a little more cohesion to the plot. The ep2 gov quests aren't really necessary for anything though, they are just there to guide you through the areas in order with the bare-bones plot themes thrown in.

You can go and play wherever you want in the game at any time, which is one of the nicer features of playing online. If you want to focus on straight leveling, people can help you powerlevel up very quickly. If you want to take your time and make your way through what little story there is, you can do that too. If you just want to hop into the mines or ruins or jungle and start hacking apart monsters, it's open to you immediately. Diffficulty have level requirements as follows: Normal - none; Hard - lvl 20 ep1, lvl 30 ep2, lvl 40 ep4; VeryHard - lvl 50 ep1, lvl 60 ep2, lvl 70 ep4; Ultimate - lvl 90 ep1, lvl 100 ep2, lvl 110 ep4.

• Like 1