Black King Bar vs Meteor Cudgel

Its in the title,

http://www.pso-world.com/item_compare.php?section=8&class=Twin+Saber&version=v3

If you look here, the Black King Bar is the obvious winner.
But in the game I have a Black King Bar + 30 and a Meteor Cudgel + 0

It should be an easy win ? No, I think the game has wrong stats because even with +0 the meteor cudgel gives me about 20 ATP more than the BKB + 30
How on earth is this possible ?
I can't seem to find why?

Anyway BKB is way better because of the special.

Blizzard worth nothing on Meteor Cudgel, while devil's on BKB is really powerful =/

Then look at the difference of ATP range, basically BKB has 10 atp variation, while meteor cudgel has 260 atp variation.

Which means that sometime you will strike with very low damage.

But it's strange that in game you see different stats... did you make the comparaison with or without shifta for both ?

Edited by Misombre

No BKB is way better because of the special.

Blizzard worth nothing on Meteor Cudgel, while devil's on BKB is really powerful =/

Then, you forget the grinders I think.

Meteor Cudgel +15 : 330-590

BKB +80 : 750-760

You did not really answer my question. How come my Meteor Cudgel gives me more ATP with no grinders than a BKB + 30 ?

Sorry I have edited the post, the title confused me a bit.

That must be a bug... have to ask Soly I guess.

Thank you, who is soly though ?

Btw I just disconnected and reconnected and the stats are back in order.

Meteor gives me 1416

BKB +30 gives me 1516

So it was indeed a glitch, I'd like to know how this can happen though :P

Are you sure you didn't read it wrong ?

Maybe next time a screenshot would be nice

• Like 1

This was not a glitch or bug, you probably just had 30 shifta on at the time. You didn't answer whether or not you had Shifta at the time, but that's the expected difference if you did. With Shifta, Meteor Cudgel may appear to have more atp than a BKB would. Shifta affects both your character's base atp and the weapon's atp variable, which for meteor cudgel is quite high (260) and for bkb quite small (10). If you have 30 shifta on, then meteor cudgel's maximum atp will increase by 47.7% x 260 = 124ATP, while black king bar's would increase by 47.7% x 10 = ~4-5 atp. 560 + 124 = 684 vs 600 + 60(grind) + 4 = 664. It's important to note however that while meteor cudgel's maximum atp will scale beyond bkb with good shifta, shifta does not affect the minimum atp, so meteor cudgel's 300-560 atp will scale to 300-684 atp from 30shifta which, can still hit the low damage on bad rolls; its average atp increased from 430 to 492.

Hey thanks for your answers.
I can 100% tell you that I had no boost cause I was just checking the weapons out that I just found and I'm a humar with no shifta deband (my mag didnt blast me either). I looked at it about 10 times, couldnt believe Meteor still had more ATP thats why I went on the forum to post this.
Like I said it's back to normal now, but I still don't know why it did that :P