Change Log

Soly

Posting this update a bit early so people have time to read it and not be surprised.

As part of bug fixing and corrections:
+ Fixed a problem when lowering the volume of SFX, some of them would still play at the original volume (mostly if not only ambient sounds).
+ Changed the "Banner" to be centered instead of filling the screen horizontally, this change was made because when using widescreen and the high resolution HUD, the banner takes longer to go across the screen, since its expected that some people won't like this change, you might be able to choose between the new or old banner placement

Launcher 

Added German language

Client

You can now make use of Control + C to control the camera independently
The palette manager now uses the keys Control + (Numpad0 to Numpad9). Sorry laptop users.
Added German free roam map scripts as well as unitxt files. They are not translated yet, currently in the process translating.

Server

An Individual drop system was added to the ship, you can see more information here.
A new quest was added IDS (Intelligence Defense Systems) see more here.
1 or 2 quests were fixed, but I forgot which ones.

There were some changes in the network code of the server hopefully alleviating those long block/ship change times.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

Client
- Changed the banner width back to the window's width
- Added a new song to the event song list.

Server
- Fixed a problem with the new Individual drops system where if you picked up an individual item and dropped it again, other people wouldn't be able to see it, if you picked it up again, they would disconnect.
- Adjusted the DAR reductions for the Individual drop system, these will be revealed at a later date.
- Added information about the drop system in parties for the room information when browsing at the lobby counter and the roominfo command.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

Client
- Added the ability to lock the lobby event with Ctrl + Alt + E
- Added the ability to change the lobby event with Ctrl + Alt + (Left Arrow | Right Arrow), this is only aesthetic and won't enable event rappies.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't even notice the restart of today (yesterday), so this isn't enabled yet but it will be.

Quest
- Black Paper's Deal 2 (English) has been modified to have the answer "No" as the first answer so you can go faster to die fight monsters in the arena.

Client
- The rare drop chime should not fail to play when getting a rare drop (as long as you have BGM enabled).

Server
- Added a new packet to support the rare drop chime (Instead of relying on shady hacks).
- Changed the exp command. Now you can't select a specific EXP boost, instead you can do the following

• /exp 1 - Enables the current global exp boost or the boost for your level, if the server doesn't have any global boost enabled.
  • /exp 0 - Disables any exp boost, making your EXP x1
Edited by Soly

Launcher
- Added settings for screenshots format.

Client
- Changed the way screenshots are taken,allowing the game to save them in different formats (also not "lagging up" when taking them). Change the format of your screenshots in the launcher settings. Special thanks to Sodaboy for this one. I was near but not on the spot.
Screenshots in JPG format have a quality setting, you can set between 0 and 100 in the launcher.
If you experience crashes when taking screenshots (specially Windows XP users), please let me know.

Server
- Added a new command. /vol <type>, <value>. This command will adjust the volume of the BGM or SFX on the fly (saving it to the settings too)
type can be either "BGM" or "SFX" without the quotes and value a number between 0 and 10.
This command is not available until after a ship restart.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 5

Due to incompatibilities with Windows XP, "custom hotkeys" will be disabled.
The features implemented with it will be replaced with server commands in the near future.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Edit:
The commands to implement the features "lost" by removing custom hotkeys are done.
They will be enabled in the next maintenance

The following commands were added

• /palette <n> n is a value between 0 and 9
  • /hud
  • /map
  • /cam [n] without a parameter, the command will toggle the camera controls on and off, if you add 1 as parameter when the camera controls are enabled, it will stop controlling the camera but the camera won't return to your character.
  • /lobbyevent <n> n can be a value between -1 and whatever number you want. There are only 33 lobby events right now (including 0), don't go too high, if you crash because of it, don't expect me to even pay attention to it.
Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

Some users asked me if I could put the hotkeys back, so I decided to put some of them back.
However, since these have incompatibilities with Windows XP, they won't be available in that version.

Right now the hotkeys you can use are 

• Control + C Enables the camera control
  • Control + X Disables the camera control but the camera doesn't return to your character
  • Control + M Toggles "fullscreen map"
  • Control + V Toggles HUD
  • Control + Down Locks the lobby event. (Will be removed after a server maintenance)
  • Control + Left Decreases by 1 the current lobby event. (Will be removed after a server maintenance)
  • Control + Right Increases by 1 the current lobby event. (Will be removed after a server maintenance)
Edited by Soly
  • Like 3

Client
- Removed "Admin rights" request. The game should run without prompting for administrator credentials.

If you experience any issue with updates or the game not running, configure the game (PsoBB) to run as administrator
You can find a guide here or follow the steps below.

• Locate the game executable (PsoBB)
  • Right click it and select Properties from the context menu
  • Select the tab Compatibility
  • Check Run this program as administrator
  • Click Ok

• 2 weeks later...

Client
- Added error and information logging to the DLL. (Located at game_root\data\log\dll.log)
- Changed the custom hotkeys availability to Windows 8 and above.

Edited by Soly

I'll just leave it here in case I go to sleep.
This won't be live until a server update, if it has not happened in the last 24 hours.

Server
- Added new commands.
/setname <name>
Changes your room's name.
/setdesc
Sets a flag to use the next mail you send as room description. You need a guildcard in your list to be able to send emails.
This text will be displayed in the room's description on the room list, where you press tab to get the players on the room and stuff.
/matreset
Use it twice to reset your materials.
The first time it asks for a confirmation, the second time it confirms and performs the reset.
Resets Power, Mind, Defence, Evasion and Luck, basically all but HP and TP.

- Fixed issues with the ignore list (used by the command ignore)
- Fixed possible issues with the rare drop sfx.

Login
- Increased the user timeout during the login process.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding to the server rewrite.

It seems to be completely functional, except the fact that lots of text is missing since I haven't implemented multiple languages on it.
It's the next thing to do tho...

In this new server the text skip/tech hack false positive is fixed.

• Like 1