I think people don't play enough in Mines so here it is :

New quest implemented :

Intelligence Defense Systems

cGkhQC2.png

>>> Episode I > Ultima > IDS

Defeat the machines !

Play it preferably with a team or

HZbI7j3.png

Note that the final room drops are disabled.

Also there are some secret things hidden in the quest ...

Have fun !

http://i.imgur.com/y6ni0h4.jpg

shzlTWt.jpg

Enemy count

Gillchic x 356 (+13 elite)

Dubchic x 56 (+8 elite)

Dubwitch x 14 (+1 elite)

Canadine x 348 (+44 elite)

Canane x 21 (+4 elite)

Sinow Beat x 113 (+8 elite)

Sinow Gold x 123 (+8 elite)

Garanz x 115 (+17 elite)

Vol Opt x 1

Changelog

V1.01

- Added 1 obstacle to prevent players from being stuck between the 4 Cryo-tubes in Mine 1.
- Added 4 invisible obstacles to prevent players from passing through the Calus Computers in Mine 2 corridor.
- Added 4 NPCs with short scripts (before and after mission is cleared) made by Cyane.
- Adjusted 12 Calus Computers' Y Rotation to be perfectly aligned.
- Removed the second Main Ragol Teleporter.
- Changed the binary description.
- Changed the displayed quest name.
- Changed the quest ID.

V1.02

- Adjusted 1 obstacle's Y position

V2.00

- Removed Seabed area
- Increased Vol Opt ver.2 power
- Added laser fence x2 before Gravity room
- Removed 2 enemy waves in Canadines room
- Modified enemy waves in Garanz center plateform room
- Replaced teleporters
- Moved HP material box

V2.01

- Last room is now optional
- Meseta reward changed from 300000 to 150000 / 329748 (full clear)
- Nerfed Elite Baranz HP from 25000 to 20000
- Fixed Player 4 return spawn

V2.02

- Removed unused script collision that could make your client crash at Vol Opt

V2.03

- Circle Elite Canabins EVP restored to 645
- Elite Baranz EVP restored to 564, HP nerfed from 20000 to 17000, EXP increased from 1000 to 2000
- Elite Sinow Red HP increased from 17000 to 20000
- Elite Canune HP decreased from 9999 to 8000
- All waves delays changed from 0 to 1 frame
- Fixed all dialogues punctuation mistakes (space after last word)

V2.04
- Added TP Material x1 and Luck Material x1 to Ultimate final rewards
- Nerfed Megid tower range
- Nerfed Elite Canune HP from 8000 to 6000
- Nerfed Elite Baranz HP from 17000 to 16000

Rewards (secrets and final included)

Normal : 10 000 mesetas, 2 addslots, 2 photon crystals, 2 photon drops, 1 scape doll, 1 HP material

Hard : 20 000 mesetas, 2 addslots, 2 photon crystals, 2 photon drops, 1 scape doll, 1 HP material

Very hard : 65 535 mesetas, 2 addslots, 2 photon crystals, 3 photon drops, 1 scape doll, 1 HP material

Ultimate : 150 000 / 329 748 (full clear) mesetas, 2 addslots, 2 photon crystals, 1 photon drop, 1 scape doll, 1 HP material, 3 TP materials, 3 luck materials

Note that the box rewards don't always drop

Video (just in case you are too lazy to try it out)

Spoiler

Version 1

Version 2

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/714878533

Edited by R-78
removed enemy count pictures
  • Like 11

I liked it up until the last 2 rooms.  They were kind of over the top compared to the rest of the quest. Other than those two rooms I really enjoyed it.  It could use a little polishing, but I think it's a pretty solid quest.

Here's what I'd do to it.  Take it or leave it.

• What was the point of the extra main warp in pioneer 2 over by the telepipes? I'd remove that.  I don't see what function it's fulfilling.
  • On the point of the main warp, you have it going to seabed, but it reads as ruin 1.  That has to do with the set_episode command (I think) and I'd just not let them go there to fix that.
  • What was the point of the wall of doors unlocking in mines 1? They unlock after you've already cleared that whole room.
  • Add a flag to stop seabed floor handler from telling you you've won each time you enter floor.
  • Consider adding locked doors where you block off with computers or crates.  It will make it look a little better from those odd camera angles.

Also, I'd like to see how you did some of the stuff, would you be willing to share the qst file with me?

10 hours ago, ryukin said:

Final room drops disabled? Would it be too broken if not?

No it wouldn't but that's what happens when you merge several episodes in the same quest ...

The final rewards are there only to compensate that problem.

10 hours ago, Lemon said:

I liked it up until the last 2 rooms.  They were kind of over the top compared to the rest of the quest. Other than those two rooms I really enjoyed it.  It could use a little polishing, but I think it's a pretty solid quest.

Funny because some people actually prefer the last rooms.

I tried to make the difficulty increasing with the progress so anyone could play the quest until some point.

What was the point of the extra main warp in pioneer 2 over by the telepipes? I'd remove that.  I don't see what function it's fulfilling.

For fun and this way you can go faster to Mine 2 after shops when you die because everything is in the second room, moreover it can be annoying to set a telepipe in Seabed battle room.

I told Larva he could remove it if it's too weird but I can do it for the next ship restart if you want.

(There is actually another reason I can't reveal for now)

On the point of the main warp, you have it going to seabed, but it reads as ruin 1.  That has to do with the set_episode command (I think) and I'd just not let them go there to fix that.

I know but can't fix that. Have already tried to set_episode 2 and it makes a mess in levels and pioneer. There is the same problem in Lost Heart Breaker by the way, it displays second tower as Seaside. If you want to do it correctly you need a special script warp like in Phantasmal World 4.

You suggest me to remove all the seabed part ? :wacko:

If you talk about the main warp and blocking telepipes like in your quest Power Plant Plight, I'd rather not because I want any patient team to have a chance to clear the quest.

What was the point of the wall of doors unlocking in mines 1? They unlock after you've already cleared that whole room.

It's pretty.

They never unlock 4/4 because it's weird to see the door sides (which were not designed) when they open.

Add a flag to stop seabed floor handler from telling you you've won each time you enter floor.

I thought about that too but didn't do it as there are not many points returning to seabed once you completed the level.

In the seabed floor handler there is also the function which unhides the fixed item boxes, thus if for some reason a player was not here or forgot to break the boxes he can still do it later.

Consider adding locked doors where you block off with computers or crates.  It will make it look a little better from those odd camera angles.

I agree the camera is terrible but if I remove them, there is a no-target zone and you won't be able to do anything unless you are a FO (if you are talking about Mine 2).

Also, I'd like to see how you did some of the stuff, would you be willing to share the qst file with me?

What is it ? (if it is about the fixed item boxes depending on difficulty, you can find the answer above)

Thank you Lemon for your feedback and sharing your experience of qEdit with the forum.

Congratulations to Depassage who figured the reference to Advance Wars.

Congratulations to Christian for his 999th troll of the year.

To people who wondered why I named it "IDS", it's simply because there wasn't enought room for "Intelligence Defense Systems".

Also the quest was finished on april 2016 before Christmas Catastrophe was implemented so I'm sorry about the couple similarities between the two quests, that was not wanted.

Edited by r-78
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, r-78 said:

You suggest me to remove all the seabed part ?

As I said, I didn't like it at all.  But if you're getting positive feedback, keep it.

I know but can't fix that. Have already tried to set_episode 2 and it makes a mess in levels and pioneer. There is the same problem in Lost Heart Breaker by the way, it displays second tower as Seaside. If you want to do it correctly you need a special script warp like in Phantasmal World 4.

If you talk about the main warp and blocking telepipes like in your quest Power Plant Plight, I'd rather not because I want any patient team to have a chance to clear the quest.

Oh, I just thought it was an extra object that you missed.  Since it was intentional by all means keep it, I think it's kinda cool.

They never unlock 4/4 because it's weird to see the door sides (which were not designed) when they open.

Ok, wasn't sure about that but when they started unlocking I got a little confused. (Happens a lot)

I agree the camera is terrible but if I remove them, there is a no-target zone and you won't be able to do anything unless you are a FO (if you are talking about Mine 2).

That's not what I meant.  If you look at the computers in 2nd to last room or the crates by boxes in seabed you can see through to extra rooms.  I'd add always locked doors there to make it seem closed off.

30 minutes ago, r-78 said:

No it wouldn't but that's what happens when you merge several episodes in the same quest ...

The final rewards are there only to compensate that problem.

Cool, I didn't know that.

36 minutes ago, r-78 said:

What is it ? (if it is about the fixed item boxes depending on difficulty, you can find the answer above)

To list a few:

• green tinted room
  • destructable object when you talk into them
  • some of the scripting
  • how fixed item boxes work

If there's still easter eggs in there I understand if you don't want to post for everyone though.

36 minutes ago, r-78 said:

Thank you Lemon for your feedback and sharing your experience of qEdit with the forum.

^,.,^ Thank you for picking it up. Glad to see other people are actually using that info.  Just a heads up but I updated my post a little.  Main thing is that delay in map events is measured in frames, so delay: 30 = 1 sec.

• Like 2

Interesting quest. Just ran through it today and you did a lot of really cool things. I also managed to get myself bugged n stuck at one point haha.

I do have a few concerns about certain spawns. Specifically, when you first go to mines 2 and are in the hallway, there is spawns of gillchics that come up already next to you. Gillchichs next to you tend to immediately attack with no standup animation, and are a recipe for blocklocking players. There is a similar spawn in the last mines 2 room where gillchics cover most of the room (though I think there may have been some room on the outside so its a bit less relevant, but still a cast in the middle may not even be able to trapshoot for the baranz since gillchics may immediately start hitting and blocklocking them). Also, the final wave of mines2 is a bit excessive, seems like just too many baranz too spread out for a team to really consistently deal with well. Lastly, the final 3 waves or so of seabed also seem a bit excessive, that many delbiters just end up running you over non-stop and stopping a team from being able to even move; even a small group of delbiters can be very annoying when they all repeatedly charge, and when a spawn has that many it can easily make a team unable to do any kind of actions at all. Basically just a few spawns that I feel have low counterplay options.

Overall it was a really fun and cool quest though. I really liked a lot of the things you did very much (you showed off n gave a taste of the gillchich spawning machine early on in a side room before it came into play in a major room, which is nice), lots of cool spawns, layouts, design, and interesting mechanics. You did a whole lot with this quest and it's really awesome. Thanks for bringing it to Ultima!

Here is where i managed to get stuck btw. I managed to squeeze under there and could not get out at all or even set pipe, had to kill myself with pwand to get back to town.

2ihsbrk.jpg

• Like 2

I'm surprised that nobody noticed that seabed monsters was actually in VH difficulty.. ( they are way slower than ult, hit weaker and also much less hp.. only their beam/charge seem to be ult damage ), was it intended R-78?

Edited by Sylph777

One of the reasons why you should NOT merge episodes, is because the battle parameter files are for specific episodes.
Some Ep2 monsters are missing or map to a different Ep1 monster.

From what I saw when making my Battle Parameter Editor, the client loads a single episode (offline or online) when create the room.
So in this case Delbiter should map to Chaos Bringer, that might be why you noticed it was "VH"

Edited by Soly

23 hours ago, Lemon said:

Ok, wasn't sure about that but when they started unlocking I got a little confused. (Happens a lot)

Sorry about the confuse trap, I like strange things :]

To list a few:

[...]

If there's still easter eggs in there I understand if you don't want to post for everyone though.

Well feel free to PM me ;]

You can also post any secret you found here if you want.

Main thing is that delay in map events is measured in frames, so delay: 30 = 1 sec.

Yes I had to use that info to make the chrono.

That's not what I meant.  If you look at the computers in 2nd to last room or the crates by boxes in seabed you can see through to extra rooms.  I'd add always locked doors there to make it seem closed off.

Ah I see. Actually they used to be here but then I removed them because it showed too much red on the map, can be confusing with the progress indicators.

22 hours ago, cyane said:

Sire you need to clean your pm box xD

Why ? I had only 51 PMs.

(It's done)

20 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Interesting quest. Just ran through it today and you did a lot of really cool things.

[...]

Overall it was a really fun and cool quest though. I really liked a lot of the things you did very much (you showed off n gave a taste of the gillchich spawning machine early on in a side room before it came into play in a major room, which is nice), lots of cool spawns, layouts, design, and interesting mechanics. You did a whole lot with this quest and it's really awesome. Thanks for bringing it to Ultima!

Thank you Saith, I really appreciate the positive feedback ^_^

I'm glad to see people like my quest and notice little things as you did.

I do have a few concerns about certain spawns. Specifically, when you first go to mines 2 and are in the hallway, there is spawns of gillchics that come up already next to you. Gillchichs next to you tend to immediately attack with no standup animation, and are a recipe for blocklocking players. There is a similar spawn in the last mines 2 room where gillchics cover most of the room (though I think there may have been some room on the outside so its a bit less relevant, but still a cast in the middle may not even be able to trapshoot for the baranz since gillchics may immediately start hitting and blocklocking them).

This is one of the reason I adviced people to play it with a team so someone can help you escape from that kind of situation.

If you are in the center of the room with the 25 gillchichs, either use freeze trap or be a Sylph and learn when they are coming so you can go to the room corners before they spawn xD

Also, the final wave of mines2 is a bit excessive, seems like just too many baranz too spread out for a team to really consistently deal with well.

Another reason to play with a team, thus Baranz will disperse their missiles between the 4 players, plus you can quickly get them kill themselves with your position.

I played the quest with a decent team and we were able to reach Seabed (before a crash) quite easily with SD81, I died only once.

mjqb9JA.png

Lastly, the final 3 waves or so of seabed also seem a bit excessive, that many delbiters just end up running you over non-stop and stopping a team from being able to even move; even a small group of delbiters can be very annoying when they all repeatedly charge, and when a spawn has that many it can easily make a team unable to do any kind of actions at all. Basically just a few spawns that I feel have low counterplay options.

Yes I know how a couple delbiters can be annoying. But their number shouldn't be a problem for long as they quickly kill their mates.

Let them kill each other then use freeze trap as they tend to gather. (or when they spawn like in the last wave, you can freeze them all at once)

Here is where i managed to get stuck btw. I managed to squeeze under there and could not get out at all or even set pipe, had to kill myself with pwand to get back to town.

I tested it so many times ... I tried to get stuck here but have always been able to escape so I didn't expect that ><

I guess I will put some invisible obstacle to prevent players from being jailed here and Psycho-suicide again.

15 hours ago, Sylph777 said:

I'm surprised that nobody noticed that seabed monsters was actually in VH difficulty.. ( they are way slower than ult, hit weaker and also much less hp.. only their beam/charge seem to be ult damage ), was it intended R-78?

It wasn't but at least it makes that "impossible" room easier ^^

Fortunately that was all.

You would have laughed if I've kept the other monsters.

Sinows are so slow they take 10 seconds to hit you once, Morfos don't move at all, Deldepths are warping everywhere, they all (recobox included) have 1 HP and give 0 EXP xD

This is why that seabed room monster variety is so poor. (was not because I was lazy with that part or whatever)

14 hours ago, Soly said:

Stuff

Sorry, won't do again xD

Edited by r-78
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, r-78 said:

Sinows are so slow they take 10 seconds to hit you once, Morfos don't move at all, Deldepths are warping everywhere, they all (recobox included) have 1 HP and give 0 EXP xD

OMG you just solved my 3 month problem.  Thank you :onion-head29:

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

I may have been able to get stuck because my character is fairly short, it's not at minimum height but it is quite low, perhaps your testing characters were larger.
If the delbiters are using bringer's stats, then that changes things a bit, they aren't quite as strong and don't have nearly as much hp. Probably could be paralyzed significantly easier too.

I didn't really do much easter egg hunting(I was just playing on normal so I can observe all the spawns; how many canadines are fliers vs melee, sinow red/gold ratios, spawn layouts and speculating possible positionings for them, etc.) but since you say you don't mind us posting about what we found, I did really like that challenge room you put towards the end of mines, where there is a spawning machine which spawns a dubchich with no switch, and after the player goes through the effort to kill it 5 times it triggers the challenge room to start, locking the door and making a lot of tough close spawns appear (including 2 baranz in that tiny room haha). At the end, two brown boxes appeared which each contained a photon crystal.

• Like 1

Really liked some innovations on that quest, psycho suicide needs to be something here now too!

Only downside is the ammount of baranz and those floaty guys, overall was fun, enjoyed those spawn capsules, really wanted to walk inside one and get teleported somewhere secret ya know!

Suggestion would be to include some pioneer npcs with a bit of funny speech so it becomes more memorable.

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1