How to kill Vol Opt as a Fleshy

Zynetic

How to kill Vol Opt as a Fleshy

To explain exactly what is happening:

Vol Opt Phase 1 has a bug attached to him; techs will do damage off your ATP and not your MST, and tech boosters (E.G. Psycho Wand) WILL NOT increase your damage against him (so if you're playing your FOrce and using Razonde on the screens with Psycho Wand, you're doing it wrong).

To do this in the fastest way, you need the following:

• L20+ Gizonde (Derp, HUmar and RAmar only get 15. They can still damage with techs, but they can't stunlock.)
  • V801
  • A very high ATP with as much machine as possible (Excalibur, Galatine (at the right beat times), Clio may work on a FOnewearl with 100 Machine.
  • Player One Spot is also preferred.

As soon as the battle starts, turn to Vol Opt and Gizonde him and then use Gizonde as fast as possible (to do this, I use the menu as it casts instantly when you finish your last technique). Then keep going and he will eventually die.

A nice method on how to do TTF as fast as possible. ;)

And the more ATP / Shifta you have, the faster he'll go down.

Edited by Zynetic
  • Like 3

lol is there a cast version of this XD i highly doubt it, but i've seen people lock him with bazooka's with a Rafoie type blast and kill him even while behind blue screens (of DEATH!)

lol is there a cast version of this XD i highly doubt it, but i've seen people lock him with bazooka's with a Rafoie type blast and kill him even while behind blue screens (of DEATH!)

Yes, that is how you kill him using a RAcast/caseal -- you use a Bazooka to attack him behind the screens. If a bazooka is combo-unlocked, RAcast can kill Vol Opt much faster than RAmarl/HUnewearl if he has 81SD and 100Machine on the bazooka.

A fleshy can kill him faster here, though, due to the laws of Damage Cancel.

Edited by Zynetic

For the quick techs you press and hold ctrl and then press the end key. press the right arrow to cycle through either weapon selection, item selection, or quick techs. Up/down arrow naturally navigates but some people wouldn't figure that out so I made this post idiot proof...

Edited by Apollo

SO as a FOnewearl i should do what? Equip a weapon and go for it? Seems soooo wierd.

Pretty much. The most powerful weapon I believe you can equip is Clio. FOnewearl does this the slowest because of her 583 Max ATP and 660-670 ATP weapon (rather than the 900-950 Exacalibur or the 1260-1314 Galatine)

And how did you get the quick screen on techs to come up? I havent figured that out yet.

Depends if you're using Keyboard or not.

If you're using Keyboard, follow Apollo's instructions. If you're using a pad:

Hold the reverse palette button and then press the word select button. Then, to scroll through weaponry, items and techniques/traps, press the reverse palette button each time you want to switch menu. To alter the order of techniques in the menu (like, I have Gizonde at the top -- it's usually Foie) press tab (keyboard) or the left palette button (controller) to select something, then scroll to a location to put it, then perss tab / left palette button again.

Yay, I need to organise my posts more. :[

@ Apollo

I'm actually not sure, I guess TJS / DF could work, but I've never tested (mainly because I don't have them, rofl.)

Edited by Zynetic

Can be done even faster, haha.

My RAmarl in that video has around 996 base ATP, level 20 Shifta and a 30Machine Excalibur.

I could probably cut the time in half or so if I had max ATP, 81 Shifta and a 100Machine Galatine at the right beat times.

Also, I should note that video was done in Multimode, not solomode.

Edited by Zynetic

• 5 months later...

Can be done even faster, haha.

My RAmarl in that video has around 996 base ATP, level 20 Shifta and a 30Machine Excalibur.

I could probably cut the time in half or so if I had max ATP, 81 Shifta and a 100Machine Galatine at the right beat times.

Also, I should note that video was done in Multimode, not solomode.

81 Shifta is from a 4 way blast i assume?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...