Hey There

masha

I was an old GC PSO 1 & 2 player for several years (almost entirely offline, eventually got a BBA and played on SCHTHACK a few times). It's been like 7 or 8 years since I've touched PSO in any way shape or form so I'm just trying to get a feel for a few things (all of the systems again, playing with a GCN controller on PC, guides and whatnot) but it looks like the forums are pretty expansive. I played several characters over the years but I'm going to stick to a FOnewearl (Purplenum; IGN: Maasha) this time and just take her as far as I can. I'm pretty rusty and barely remember anything so any direction would be bueno. Thanks and see you guys online.

• Like 1

Welcome to Ultima. Good luck raising your FOnewearl. Purplenum is probably the best section ID, overall.

I suggest using the PlayStation 3 controller because it has more buttons. If you take the time to configure your controls with PC software like JoyToKey, it will be very nice.

• Like 1

Welcome.

In my opinion, Purplenum is the best for RA but Oran is the best for FO (for the hunts, not for the needs, as Episode IV is easy to farm with a FO)

Haha I come from a time where Redria was a must have section ID. I looked at the new tables and a few of the newer units from EP 4 and figured that Purplenum had the best Psycho Wand drop rate, a really nice overall drop chart and the Holy Ranger Trinity for trade potential and I'd be making a Summit Moon anyway.

I don't know much about PSO in groups or FOs in higher levels (my highest leveled character was a HUcast on GCN), but it seems like because of damage cancelling and ultimate tech resistances I'm mostly for healing, S/D/J/Z upkeep and the occasional simple tech on a stray target. Soloing seems to be resistance based...I see people nuking/using simple techs and others using Demon's specials (Bringer's Rifle) and Viviennes in EP4. Like I said I didn't play a FO in Ultimate on GCN, and yeah Vivienne looks like a really good weapon especially for a FOnewearl but are some enemy resistances so high that meleeing is actually a more viable option in BB in certain situations?

I would say yes. Meleeing is a more viable options in a lot of situations. Being that FOnewearl has the lowest ATP in the game it may seem odd to melee with her. Most of it would probably come down to demon weapons. I still think using demon weapons with her is important whether you're soloing or not. She can handle ep4 very well solo. She can solo a lot, but oftentimes you'll probably enjoy joining teams more. Purplenum is definitely a solid ID.