Advice for a HuCaseal on gear and item hunting

Hello All!

I have a level 104 HuCaseal that is a Skyly ID and I tend to focus on playing privately with a couple very close friends that have also started playing recently (they have whiteill, redria, yellowboze, and purplenum IDs). I played this game many years ago and am just now reliving the good old days, but unfortunately I just don't have the time to grind aimlessly like I did in my youth.

On that note I am asking for advice. Where should I begin my search for items and gear and what are the best ways to search for them (play through certain quests or events?) What are the armors and shields and slot equipment I should be looking for? What is the easiest way to find grinders and materials, and which materials should I focus on using? What is the best gun I should keep on hand for long distance enemies (I am looking at the red handgun for now).

Really I am looking for any advice the community is looking to share with me and enhance my experience the most!

Thanks in advance.

Personally, as far as equipment to use on my Hucasey, I go with the combination of Sue's Coat and RR. It really makes her powerful, not quite at HUcast levels but the next best thing. You definitely want a Red Ring though. You mentioned one of your friends is Whitill, so there you go. White drops RR from Falz, so run some Ult TTF until it drops. It's not too hard to find one either. Sue's Coat is an event drop, but it's not that hard to find during so. You could buy it too, as it's not that expensive to buy. Until you get Sue's, Electro Frame is a nice substitute.

Red handgun isn't too bad for it's power. There's an event drop called asteron striker which is stronger and has unreduced hell as a special (which is very useful). They sell for about 10 pds without hit. Vivienee is an excellent double saber for hucaseal. It drops from Pazuzus on very hard and ultimate difficulty with skyly. Hunt one with good stats and hit and it will likely become one of your main weapons for close range. Having a good sword is always important for a hunter. You can get a 25 hit dragon slayer by beating the government quest 1-3 on ultimate which is very easy. You could solo it. Skyly gets good swords by running caves in ultimate as well (red sword+chain sawd). Slicers are always nice. Rainbow baton is pretty easy to get. Get a magic stone irista from rare hildebears on ultimate with the help of your redria friend. Last swan and dual birds are both good on hucaseal imo (most people prefer last swan). You can get the from the black paper deal quest on normal with photon crystals (hunt them now while green names are on). You should also try to get v101 or heavenly/battle, smartlink (black paper deal quest), and v502. Arrest raygun is really nice for hucaseal if it has hit. At that point you should be pretty much set. Don't forget to feed your mag :P

• Like 1

Red handgun isn't too bad for it's power. There's an event drop called asteron striker which is stronger and has unreduced hell as a special (which is very useful). They sell for about 10 pds without hit. Vivienee is an excellent double saber for hucaseal. It drops from Pazuzus on very hard and ultimate difficulty with skyly. Hunt one with good stats and hit and it will likely become one of your main weapons for close range. Having a good sword is always important for a hunter. You can get a 25 hit dragon slayer by beating the government quest 1-3 on ultimate which is very easy. You could solo it. Skyly gets good swords by running caves in ultimate as well (red sword+chain sawd). Slicers are always nice. Rainbow baton is pretty easy to get. Get a magic stone irista from rare hildebears on ultimate with the help of your redria friend. Last swan and dual birds are both good on hucaseal imo (most people prefer last swan). You can get the from the black paper deal quest on normal with photon crystals (hunt them now while green names are on). You should also try to get v101 or heavenly/battle, smartlink (black paper deal quest), and v502. Arrest raygun is really nice for hucaseal if it has hit. At that point you should be pretty much set. Don't forget to feed your mag :P

Thanks for the advice, I have a lot to look into when I get home today.

I see often mention of trading photon drops, is that used as a currency on this server? If so, how to you go about trying to trade items, just make a room stating what you have and want to trade?

The heavenly/battle looks pretty touch to get, what is the best method to obtain one. Do the */Battle items stack the increased attach speed with multiple equips?

The stone irista, what is that advantage of that? is it used to transform a weapon?

This is going to be a noob question, what is % hit and how does it work...it has been so long since I've played that I have forgotten all the subtleties of the game. Be detailed if its complex.

When doing black paper quests, someone mentioned that any items you get as a reward has the lowest stats available for the item you receive. Is that true?

Thanks for the advice, I have a lot to look into when I get home today.

I see often mention of trading photon drops, is that used as a currency on this server? If so, how to you go about trying to trade items, just make a room stating what you have and want to trade?

The heavenly/battle looks pretty touch to get, what is the best method to obtain one. Do the */Battle items stack the increased attach speed with multiple equips?

The stone irista, what is that advantage of that? is it used to transform a weapon?

This is going to be a noob question, what is % hit and how does it work...it has been so long since I've played that I have forgotten all the subtleties of the game. Be detailed if its complex.

When doing black paper quests, someone mentioned that any items you get as a reward has the lowest stats available for the item you receive. Is that true?

Photon drops work as currency in this server, you can also do item trades,what your id drops might be what other person with other id is searching.

h/battle is not that hard to get with rare monster event on, it's a 1/4 drop on very hard from pazuzu greenill, 1/4 eclair vh bluefull/oran/yellowboze after some leveling you can hunt them easily. Battle items don't stack, so you will only need 1.

Here's an item combination guide http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10372-psobb-ultima-item-combination-ie/

Hit increases the chance of the weapon attack to not fail, for example a 0 hit vivienne might fail several attacks, while a 50 hit one will hit most of them with a good hucaseal.

On black paper deal you get minimum stats shields/frames and every weapon has 0 on the percentages.

Photon drops work as currency in this server, you can also do item trades,what your id drops might be what other person with other id is searching.

h/battle is not that hard to get with rare monster event on, it's a 1/4 drop on very hard from pazuzu greenill, 1/4 eclair vh bluefull/oran/yellowboze after some leveling you can hunt them easily. Battle items don't stack, so you will only need 1.

Here's an item combination guide http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10372-psobb-ultima-item-combination-ie/

Hit increases the chance of the weapon attack to not fail, for example a 0 hit vivienne might fail several attacks, while a 50 hit one will hit most of them with a good hucaseal.

On black paper deal you get minimum stats shields/frames and every weapon has 0 on the percentages.

Thank You so much for the advice! you have really helped a lot.

Since */Battle items don't stack, I will also infer that the V101 speed increase also does not stack when used in conjuntion with */Battle items, correct?

Yep, i would always pick v101 over h/battle anyway (stat increases)

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it seems to be the way to go but it also seems much more difficult to obtain than the H/Battle. I'll try it incrementally starting with the H/Battle and work my way to the v101 once I am a bit stronger!

I can help you hunt v101 if you want to? The drop is not bad at all

Bluefull - Episode 4 monster drops - Ultimate

Goran Detonator V101 1/64 1.563 %

we can run War of limits 4 it should drop ;)

Edited by rashan0121
  • Like 1

I can help you hunt v101 if you want to? The drop is not bad at all

Bluefull - Episode 4 monster drops - Ultimate

Goran Detonator V101 1/64 1.563 %

we can run War of limits 4 it should drop ;)

Sounds good to me. Ill add your guildcard when I get home and we can give it a go when we are both online sometime.

Thank!