Is it just me, or...?

Has the difficulty of Single-player been stepped up? I noticed that my level 40 characters are struggling by themselves in hard mode forest, when I am used to them being able to hold their own in hard mode ruins, or maybe struggle in the VH forest... Is that a normal thing for this server?

That's not really the point I was going for. On the GC and scht, your could go into VH at lvl 40. I wasn't even asking about that.

EDIT: Realized that some more info might help. I have been using my RAmarl. I can actually do the forest fairly safely, but struggle in the mines. I also just did the Forest with my HUne with little trouble, so are the episodes set up to be better for different classes?

Edited by Ardh2005

[...] so are the episodes set up to be better for different classes?

Hmm, maybe someone more knowledgeable about the game than me (looking right at you fyrewolf) can answer that more definitively, but I don't think particular episodes were designed to be better for certain classes. From everything I've seen, however, it is pretty agreed upon that RAs are nuts in ep2, HUs are nuts ep1. I think anyone can have a relatively easy time in ep4 but then again I've always played with lvl 30 S/D J/Z.

I wasn't able to go into the episode thing earlier. ( I was at work ) but I can now ^.^

RA has the edge in ep 1 & 2, particularly the casts. Ep 4 is geared more towards FO. HU is an all around solid class for any of the 3.

I find it hard to believe you had no problem in hard ruins at lvl 40 on any server, unless you had a lvl 200 mag and ideal equips, ability units and attack bounus units as an example. on other servers ( as well as this one ) and v2, this has been the case. That's talking as playing on multi-mode. Solo play has always been easier, there are less mobs and their stats are lower. Thats where I'd believe a no problem sernario for a lvl 40 in hard ruin.

Their are monster buffs in place on ult, mostly in eva and def. The bosses are buffed all around in ult. I think it was the equivalant of a lvl 20 s/d in addition to eva increase. ( anyone who knows for sure, I welcome the correction )

Hopefully this helps, and sorry if it seems like I wasn't being nice, I don't mean it to be that way.

I wasn't able to go into the episode thing earlier. ( I was at work ) but I can now ^.^

RA has the edge in ep 1 & 2, particularly the casts. Ep 4 is geared more towards FO. HU is an all around solid class for any of the 3.

I find it hard to believe you had no problem in hard ruins at lvl 40 on any server, unless you had a lvl 200 mag and ideal equips, ability units and attack bounus units as an example. on other servers ( as well as this one ) and v2, this has been the case. That's talking as playing on multi-mode. Solo play has always been easier, there are less mobs and their stats are lower. Thats where I'd believe a no problem sernario for a lvl 40 in hard ruin.

Their are monster buffs in place on ult, mostly in eva and def. The bosses are buffed all around in ult. I think it was the equivalant of a lvl 20 s/d in addition to eva increase. ( anyone who knows for sure, I welcome the correction )

Hopefully this helps, and sorry if it seems like I wasn't being nice, I don't mean it to be that way.

I wasn't thinking you were being mean, and the "little trouble in hard ruins at 40" wasn't with a super high mag, but it was offline only on the GC mainly. This is the first server where I've been making a more serious effort to play multi, but my comments were based around single mode.

I like the extra difficulty. The reward is higher drop rate and more exp. IMO DC, GC and even old BB difficulty was too easy. Also why wouldn't you want to co-op in a MMO with users as great as us? :P

I'm not really complaining, it just kinda caught me off guard. Sorry if I sounded like I was complaining. As far as the other question, my internet at home isn't that great, and I tend to have lag issues in multi. Also, it's an old habit.