Qedit - Recruiting Users For Staff

Larva

IF i was active, if i actually knew i could help on the long term then i would apply.

But like before i refuse to be a GM.

On another thing, i don't know why beeing a GM is necessary, if ppl can mess with te scripts or qedit then they don't need to be GMs do they? Beeing a GM doesn't affect anything

IF i was active, if i actually knew i could help on the long term then i would apply.

But like before i refuse to be a GM.

On another thing, i don't know why beeing a GM is necessary, if ppl can mess with te scripts or qedit then they don't need to be GMs do they? Beeing a GM doesn't affect anything

No where does larva say he is looking for gm's hence me making fun of those saying "make me a gm i'll be useful and the like"

He was just looking for people with programing / scripting and language skills. To do some other stuff.

So yeah lol...

It's just my indirect way of loling at the ass-kissers in this topic, most of which I'm fairly certain are close to useless (be offended I dare you lol), but then what do you expect from the pso community. This topic is just asking for lolrandoms to beg, borrow and steal to get gm.

But good luck larva getting anyone useful from this lol :D

LOL, never said i will make some one a GM, lol, actually that's not a option , if the user want to help is cool , but we don't need more GM's.

and i don't want to repeat this so everyone read clear....... WE DONT NEED MORE GM'S, your help will be for the community.

AND topic close.

ok i leave open the topic just for PSO drama xD

Edited by Larva

Okay so, Lee pointed me in this direction initially for me to laugh at with him. Then I decided it may be a good idea, then I was practically pushed into doing it. So here goes:

I'll start by introducing myself - I'm Laura, I'm 22, female, and currently a GM over at Eden as of April-ish this year.

While I'd never played PSO on the DC, I spent a few hundred hours too many playing it on GC shortly after it was released, so my knowledge from there is rather extensive.

Since then I've played PSO online, on various private servers over the years and accquired knowledge of the online goings on relative to that of my offline knowledge. So I'm rather confident I know more than enough about the game in that sense.

Now onto information that actually means something.. almost-ish, but is still quite unrelated, but still related..ish. You get the idea!

Between me playing PSO GC and BB, I took an interest in RO (Ragnarok Online); After a while I ended up becoming a GM, and over the years I went from server to server until I started my own. I got into scripting quests/items/spriting and all that and became pretty damn good at it by the end. I've been admin/host/owner/GM on like 10 billion [no joke I'm rly srs].

While it's a different game, it uses a mix of C++ and opcodes, so programming/scripting languages all look pretty familliar. tl;dr - I have a lot of experience in that area.

As for PSO related, I stated way back up there ^ somewhere I've plenty of knowledge about the game, I'm currently a GM over at Eden. On top of that I've been learning and being taught Qedit and assembly by a couple of people, and am even working in collaboration with a certain well known admin on a quest at current. Thus far, I believe I'm learning pretty quickly and easily for the most part. If need be I'm sure said admin could vouche for that - assuming I wasn't insulted anyway. =P

SO! I am interested, and would like to contribute as much as I am capable of, even if my own gain is my motive - I like to learn.

-Laura

Edited by Laura

lol a day, see you in a year. XD

[sarcasim]anyway $10 sucky, can i has gm now.[sarcasim/]

do not take seriously

I didn't mean make a quest in day.....

I ment have a look at the script properly and see if i can get a basic understanding of the controlls =/

But anyway sucky sucky $75 I aint no cheap whore xD

Im guessing this had some effect has i see a couple of new quests on the server, not sure if it was the same person that added the rest but well :P and whats wrong with trying to help? :onion-head43:

As far as I myself would be concerned with this topic, only those who have been here for a long time, and have proven trustworthiness are even to be considered for this.

Too many people simply ask for GM-ship simply cause, "Durr ill look rly cool cuz i can haz all teh good stuffs." (Yes, I have heard comments that essentially boil down to those lines)

Well I got news for ya'll...

Those who want a GM's position, I suggest you rethink it if that phrase I mentioned before describes you. As there is, believe it or not, responsibility involved in a GM position. And you actually have to DO more than simply sit in the lobby and ban people.

It's not about the gear you get, it's not about the 'respect' you expect, it's about improving the server to be better than it was before you became a GM.

That, is what makes a server successful.

well I don't really wanna be a GM

(Isn't Qedit the same thing?!)

I just wanted the chance of either translate or even better make my own quest.

I'd try to make one as addicting as TTF. (minus the the power-leveling)

course I'm gonna have to wait until I can use both of my arms again XD

essentially what I'm saying is...

I don't need some flashy "GM" title on my avatar to prove my worthiness to

a server. nor to make translations and possibly good custom quests

(I'm gonna need a tutorial for last one though.)

it's all on willpower, trust-worthiness, and possibly availability.

(all 3 things that I learned from my job :) )

Edited by R.A.V.S.O

As far as I myself would be concerned with this topic, only those who have been here for a long time, and have proven trustworthiness are even to be considered for this.

Too many people simply ask for GM-ship simply cause, "Durr ill look rly cool cuz i can haz all teh good stuffs." (Yes, I have heard comments that essentially boil down to those lines)

Those who want a GM's position, I suggest you rethink it if that phrase I mentioned before describes you. As there is, believe it or not, responsibility involved in a GM position. And you actually have to DO more than simply sit in the lobby and ban people.

It's not about the gear you get, it's not about the 'respect' you expect, it's about improving the server to be better than it was before you became a GM.

UUUUURRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA,.. WISE WORDS. INDEED MY FRIEND.

* sits in lobby and bans people.

Actually, I think that's what he does on PSO most of the time. XD

Indeed . no argue about that. lol,

Atlas he is good in sarcasm as he is good in PSO develop lol . (a lot) lol

Indeed . no argue about that. lol,

Atlas he is good in sarcasm as he is good in PSO develop lol . (a lot) lol

Well I must say fair play =D keep it up xD