IDP.Virus? Banned?

So for whatever reason, PSO won't let me onto my main account. It logs into other accounts easily, but when I try to log into my main account it won't load the character select screen. When I went to restart my computer and re-started the game, (even though it was disabled) AVG began flipping shit over something called an IDP.Virus? As far as I understand it's some sort of trojan, and it said it was located in the same folder as the rest of the PSO files. I usually disable AVG because it's retarded and thinks the game's launcher is a virus -.-

I can play the game just fine, I just can't log into my main account. Am I banned or something?

If you were banned, it wouldn't matter what account you logged into as bans are done by IP address and I'm sure you would get plenty of warning if that were the case. XD

There have been issues of people getting banned by accident due to certain IP ranges, of which is easily remedied by unplugging, waiting a few minutes then restarting your modem to release and renew your temp IP address.

Personally, it's probably nothing more than an account issue, I'm sure one of the GMs will look into it soon. Time to work on your other account's characters until this gets resolved I guess... Sorry you're having this problem Xenomaren, I'm sure it will get resolved quickly. :onion-head11:

Edited by Trigunman

if this is your guildcard 42112322 its full of fat humars.

please tell me when your characters were OK

earlier today it was fine. Yesterday would be a fine rollback date I think. This is even worse because I wasn't even online with this account when it happened :o

Oh God... The Fatimars again, son of a...

I saw that sack of crap Br00m0p hacking GM access into the server again this past weekend, dammit he did nail some people after all! *fumes*

:onion119::onion-head83::onion-head28:

Edited by Trigunman

I've been saying this for a long time, there are at least 4 other psobb hackers in the world other than broomop, I highly doubt he did this. he's a PSO2 head now.

That may be true hon, but he's got a hard on for Schthack and Ultima I'm afraid... I even saw Micheal(Cal) call him out over the GM banners to bugger off... He's trying to run his own PSOBB server and is lacking players (I wonder why, buwhahahahaha): phantasy/starnova/.com(brackets added to throw off forum searches)

Therefore, I can easily deduce that he's trying to run off people here by hacking accounts, DDOSing the server and at Schthack in a pathetic and futile attempt to get more players to "indirectly" join his server. The "Fatimars" that your characters have been corrupted with as far I can tell, is his "calling card". You, like me, are just another victim of his pathetic attempts I'm sad to say Xenomaren.

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

Ask chuk to delete your key_data and that will probably let you log back in. I had the same issue (minus the antivirus freaking out part) and just pm'ed him to delete the key_data and got fixed up. Lost my common bank due to this stupid bug but oh well.

cant afford to lose my common bank

Well idk if common bank gets messed up everytime, I just know it happened to Frost when he had this bug and me recently when I had it. If it happens to you too then you'll need to get the common bank rolled back, I think by larva. Hopefully you'll get everything cleared up without a hitch.