Frequent Error 100's

Foxen

TL;DR Error 100 after brief periods of inactivity and storing money

Currently I am playing in windowed mode and with an Xbox controller. Many times I tend to minimize the game to check up on mag stats etc and release focus on the window to do so. I have found that very frequently if I have been browsing for say... more than 2-5 minutes, upon attempting to play again, I am able to feed my mag. However upon getting into combat, I get an error 100 which disconnects me from the game. Sometimes it happens even if i am idly moving my character during focus loss on the window while browsing. If i stay in the window and keep playing this issue has never occured, only when i tab out or leave for short periods does this happen. Since it wipes my progress in the maps each time, this is beginning to get the ol' jimmies rustlin'.

Another common issue, which i have yet to figure out, is storing money in the bank, sometimes i get an error 100 and relog to find out my money has changed ever so slightly, im not sure whether up or down, all i know is that it was different than what it was when i crashed, i kind of hammer buttons and navigate menus too quick to even see errors most of the time, just suddenly back at main menu.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but i have a friend who uses an xbox controller as well and he does not have this issue. If it would help, I can post my computer specs, xbox controller model, or whatever you need. Disconnections happen in multiplayer rooms and one person rooms.

EDIT: November 15, 2013, this issue was not solved dispite much effort put forth by the devs and I. Updating so that others with similar issues will know without having to read everything

Edited by Foxen
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there,

From what I recall, error 100 is caused by an item being bugged, as in, the server not recognizing this item begin equipped or not (basically say you had a handgun that was bugged, equipping that item will yield the bug to happen and an autodisconnect), has nothing to do with the controller.

You have to check which item in your inventory is doing it, and attempt to sell it, if you can't pinpoint you can ask a GM to check your inventory/account for you.

Thank you. I hope you resolve this as soon as possible :D

Hey there,

From what I recall, error 100 is caused by an item being bugged, as in, the server not recognizing this item begin equipped or not (basically say you had a handgun that was bugged, equipping that item will yield the bug to happen and an autodisconnect), has nothing to do with the controller.

You have to check which item in your inventory is doing it, and attempt to sell it, if you can't pinpoint you can ask a GM to check your inventory/account for you.

Thank you. I hope you resolve this as soon as possible :D

Well just now i was walking around in Ep2 and didn't do anything except head to the store and it disconnected me, I'm fairly sure that i dont have any bugged items, as i dont disconnect from putting items in the bank or taking them out. It's just the money and ... something about inactivity.

a tip for every one, when you just log on always recharge block, it will help you alot.

I'm not sure what you mean by recharge block, can you rephrase or elaborate please? Do you mean selecting another block other than 01 when you log in? I don't see any other option.

You can even change block by going back to the same block. Post your guildcard and I'll do a check for corrupted items on your characters.

10 minutes on callista, hang up but no error window, hung up after a heavy attack with a lockgun using controller.

It happened again in the lobby, even when im using my controller to keep the character active, it has something to do with focus-loss on the window, since i was told alt-tabbing on fullscreen makes the game crash, i have it in windowed mode. Is there anything you can do to keep it from giving me the 100 error when alt tabbed for very short periods?

Disconnect upon storing money in the bank.

Edited by Foxen

Do you run the game in administrator mode? How much ram do you have? It starts more and more to sound like an application memory error. You might want to try to reinstall the game clean to make sure your client is not corrupted.

Mainboard : Asus M4A78T-E
Chipset : AMD 780
Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 945e @ 3000MHz
Physical Memory : 12288MBDDR3-SDRAM
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Hard Disk : Western Digital WD5001AALS-00L3B2 ATA Device (500GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : GBI QZG5QZCLE
DVD-Rom Drive : ATAPI DVD A DH24AAS
Monitor Type : Hewlett Packard HP S2031 - 20 inches
Network Card : Attansic (Now owned by Atheros) AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCIe Ethernet Controller
Network Card : Atheros Communications AR5212 802.11a/b/g Wireless Network Adapter
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
DirectX : Version 11.00
Windows Performance Index : 5.9 on 7.9

http://pastebin.com/ABE149R9
That's my DxDiag.txt

I use Online.exe to start the game which does run in administrator mode, yes.

EDIT1: Managed to play about 20 minutes with 2-3 G-Quests and crashed, It's running PSOBw.exe

EDIT2: Crashes seem random though error 100's are caused by minimizing, the error 100's is what i would like fixed.

Unrelated: Garanz in Ep2 appear to not fire their missiles properly, just blows up without doing damage instantly as soon as they fire

EDIT3: I have determined that I get an error 100 regardless of being minimized, almost any amount of inactivity causes the error and disconnection.

Edited by Foxen

Hmm your hardware seems more than good enough to run this game flawlessly, is there any program in the background that might interrupt the game?

The only other program that i have that might interfere with the network connection to your server is hamachi, I can shut down the service and try that. The only other internet connected program that i have is skype, which I use almost all the time, i mean asside from firefox of course.

Microsoft security essentials perhaps, ill shut that down too.

Firewalls arn't an issue as far as i am aware either.

Another factiod about the error 100's: It's not any specific action that causes the disconnect, but it is always very shortly after i return to playing the game. The most recent incident disconnected me as i was fighting mobs in EP2 VR spaceship beta, my character got hit shortly afterward and seemed to zip me to the other side of the room for some reason. I'm not sure if any of this helps, im just trying to give you as much information as possible.

EDIT: No, that did not work, I shut down everything but skype, and i still recieve the disconnects. I wil try shutting down skype, if that doesn't work, I suppose i can try disconnecting my controller-god have mercy on my soul if that actually is the problem.

A theory i have is that my controller is not centered properly and though its still in its dead zone, its still very slightly pulling to the lower right and perhaps my game is slowly becoming desynced with the server somehow because of this.

EDIT2: Shutting down skype still causes the issue, 4 minutes of inactivity gives error 100 after about 30-40 seconds of gameplay. 3 minutes and 30 seconds of inactivity does not disconnect me.

EDIT3: after some testing, im fairly sure its not my controller, everything seems fine until i kill an enemy or break a box, something i've noticed is that no new items drop between when i return from inactivity and disconnection. I can still feed my mag, gain exp, sort items on my character etc. I also disconnect when trying to talk to the banker after being afk.

EDIT4: After reluctantly disconnecting my controller and attempting to play the game with the keyboard, after my fingers instantly caught on fire and my throat became sore from screaming in complete unending pain and torment and my entire left arm seizing up with rigor mortis in protest. The disconnect still happened without the controller, so that isn't it either.

Edited by Foxen