Unknown green-named Gungnir -> rare gold named, 9 star Chaos Gungnir?!?!

Okay... So yea, I was out "rangering" around on the Crater Interior this past weekend with some new friends and happened to pick up this little trinket, along with piles of other "useless" weapons and armor to sell in an effort to raise my meseta in the bank. At first I though all it would be a good for is some meseta and off to the Tekker to get it I.D.ed and promptly sold... Until... I get it back from him and I'm like, WHOA. :onion119:

Is this a bug or just really, really rare??? Typically the "red-boxed" rare items/weapons/armor will be indicated with it's name as "SPECIAL XXXXXXXX", but this was just a regular unknown green named Gungnir weapon in a yellow box! Even though the name is in gold, it's name is not all capitalized like typical rare, "red-boxed" items, weapons and armor as well! Hot damn this thing is actually a great weapon for those pesky damned Satellite Lizards and Yowies in groups as well since they are armored against my projectile weapons and the rate to hit with chaos is actually high enough to be useful to boot! I actually can put my beloved Agito katana back on the mantle on it's stand now, hehe. :onion107:

Also, I gotta say thanks to you GM guys for the "rush hours" this weekend, it's the only reason I can explain for this crazy Gungnir and the unusually nice finds I scored this weekend! I found both a V501 unit and a Heavenly/Arms unit that dropped nearly side by side in the same room while in the sub-desert this weekend as well! :onion86: Now, off to go find the legendary V101 unit... Time to go slaughter more Zu birds... *sigh* :onion-head83:

Peace and love, laterz! :onion108:

Edited by Trigunman

Specials like Gush, Blizzard, Burning, Berserk, Demon, Chaos and that are the last tier of those specials, that makes them the rarest and gives it the golden name when untekked, just telling you so you know why.

Hell if that's the case Chuk, I'll just hand them out to the n00bs from time to time, kinda like free candy haha! :onion120: Most of the rare stuff I find that I don't use for any of my characters, typically force stuff, I pass along to others for free.

At the least, I'll have some spiffy intermediate gear for my other characters in the future, of which I've collected quite a bit already so far. :onion-head11:

Thanks for the info guys!