WOO MORE WEAPON IDEAS :D

hey its me again, lkkie

I wanna start by saying thank you to the server team on their excellent work this season event. We finally got our first custom and server exclusive weapon xD

Ultima Reaper, a scythe that can be used by all classes, is not only better than an SJS but also easy to find(for now) and also less than 40atp from a TJS! Now all classes can preform the ass kicking in close range > :D

Now, I have another weapon idea I'd like to put forward: ULTIMA SPARK

Here are the suggested stats:

Handgun(Heaven striker model w/ different textures)

400(350 +25grind) atp

60 ata

unreduced arrest, piercing(photon launcher projectile)

Classes: RAcast, RAcaseal

stats mimic snow queen but instead w/ a spread needle like effect. Longer range but linear projectile. It'll be a fun tool to mess w/

instead of arrest it could be confuse instead. Since confuse and ice overwrite it would make more sense this way since spread needle is often used anyhow.

a few more ideas I have are merely current weapon adjustments.

->make viridia drop something useful

->make last swan hunt-able(not from mine offensive)

->give master raven combo(last swan has combo, i dont see why raven doesnt)

->give snow queen combo(the combo is for accuracy reasons)

another issue I want to address is the lk38 combo "controversy"

The combo is what made the weapon an actual useful weapon since it was capable of dealing a decent amount of damage and knocking back a single enemy very far. the problem was that it was too easy to exploit for damage. Change this by making the ata boost negative and restricting it to racast and racaseal like the iron faust. Also consider nerfing the atp boost to either 10atp or 0atp. This forces the weapon to have hit and other percentages. Nerf'd accuracy also means the play wont be able to spam hard-hard-hard combos and completely annihilate everything. negative accuracy will most likely cause a normal-normal-normal combo each time. Also, is there any way to make elemental specials have higher accuracy? Otherwise the weapon cannot be a falz killer like it was intended. Instead of lk38, people fully rely on DM which i find especially annoying.

EDIT:had another idea

UPD INCAPACITATOR(zero divide model but retextured)

-50atp(-100 w/ 25grind)

110ata(+50 more ata as most rare rifles)

unreduced demons

classes: RAmar, RAmarl

UPD stands for Ultima Police Department and incapacitator is referencing a tazer, stun baton or other sort of tool that can be used to incapacitate somebody. This is a dagger type(6 hits) restricted to human rangers. mainly used to cause demons effect(especially on Epsilons which are vulnerable up close while it uses its spin attack). It's basically a human ranger only version of BKB(6 hits but w/ 1/2hp cut) except more accurate and gives human rangers more of a supportive role in combat. In my opinion, human rangers are quite easily the best supportive role characters with their ability to freeze, confuse, and spam hp cutting specials on mobs without being interrupted due to the nature of their class; they make encounters a whole lot more safe for hunters. Not overpowered since some players have an unreduced demon s-rank mech(9 hits) and reek havoc with that.

Edited by Scissors61

TJS is stronger than Ultima Reaper, but the Reaper has unreduced Hell which is a better special than TJS's special, and about the LK it has been discussed before, also have you used a hucast with a master raven combo unlocked?? way too powerfull is like the LK38 problem, Master Raven is like LK38 but faster, and the idea well it appears to be like a Rianov 5, btw with the spread needle like effect do you mean 5 shots??? like a normal shotgun but rifle animation and faster??

why would you create another weapon? it is sufficient to increase the existing weapons, by changing some stats or special for example, and especially down the atp of df and dm to make them really useful (trolling ON xD)

many weapons are not sufficiently exploited in pso, all ppl know that

just my opinion

and

->give master raven combo(last swan has combo, i dont see why raven doesnt)

->give snow queen combo(the combo is for accuracy reasons)

really ?? you dont see why this weapon dont have combo ??? think a little and you found a answer.

Edited by Vazerty

Not to mention Partisans attack faster than swords, making the reaper deal more hits per minute than the TJS. They might be pretty close, but the reaper is event only.

As for the new weapon, it is quite a hassle to make a new one, you need to alter many files to fully integrate this ingame so it won't be for every event x)

And the L&K38, I've been thinking that IF we'd 'seal' it, and when unseald, it would unlock the combo. But don't count on it, since it requires much changes aswel.

So yeah, fun ideas but don't count on it they'll ever be implemented.

ooo people replied <3

master raven should be just like last swan w/ combo except more 'masculinized' with negative ata and higher atp, again forcing it to have hit

I have a snow queen that has like 50hit or so and i still miss due to manual evasion or not enough ata(since normal-normal-special greatly increases the chances of it hitting). Giving it combo wont change much since casts can freeze trap spam anyhow.

as for spread needle i meant the unreduced paralysis effect part

DF and DM are in need of balancing as ive seen players use a DF and DM in EVERY SINGLE SITUATION and that sorta pisses me off

and i was suggesting that Ultima Reaper deal is actually such a great deal that it may break the server(y get a tjs when theres millions of ultima reapers floating around) :P

Edited by Scissors61

spread needle is not arrest btw, which kinda makes it suck.

why would you create another weapon? it is sufficient to increase the existing weapons, by changing some stats or special for example, and especially down the atp of df and dm to make them really useful (trolling ON xD)

many weapons are not sufficiently exploited in pso, all ppl know that

just my opinion

Because i can, would be my answer.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

spread needle is not arrest btw, which kinda makes it suck.

Because i can, would be my answer.

would it be possible to make some special more interresting ?

i think about tempest (make best activating electrical shock) and burning (make best damage ?), some weapon is totaly useless cause this special make low damage or dont arrest monster correctly

just a idea

Edited by Vazerty

It would be nice to have more weapons in Ultima server, but i'd say to go for a shield not a weapon or armor, since we already have Ultima Reaper and is too early to make another weapon, we also have Wedding Dress and not only we have Kroe's Sweater too, what about a shield/barrier, i mean that would be nice, we already have weapon and armor, how about shield ideas then??

Well originally we were going to release a new shield along with the reaper, but I didn't finish it. We'll probably include it in another event. (it will compete with the RR statwise like it is now).

Oh wait, is it an invisible shield, or like an ftd or a ring or something xD, and btw that's better like i said we already have a weapon and armor, guess now is shield, i hope if there is a next new item it'll be an unit

Edited by Elric

Let me explain further, atm most servers use an old program of mine to alter weapon parameters, it uses fix offsets and sizes for stuff, so any changes to it would mean these servers would lose their ability to edit using that program. Obviously I have since created a new program which allows me to fully rebuild the file. I was asked not to release it though. (Crono's request btw).

Now if I edit a file for a server the problem is they lose the ability to edit or make changes themselves using my old gui.

Anyway what ultima have done thus far is to use some pre exisiting unused item slots and edit them, but there are only so many of them. (2 weapon slots, 1 armor slot (sonic team armor), 0 unit slots, a few item slots, and a lot of shield slots.

Basically reaper took up one for the 2 weapon slots that exist.

Oh and the file has about 300 pointers and flags, so manually editing it is suicide to add items. Lol

Edited by Lee
I like editing stuff.
  • Like 1

that is why it is necessary to make useful a maximum of existing item (rebalancing)

it will avoid using your program so precious

but as you say, we still have a little free slot xD this is betten than nothing

Of course, just check schthack, like 20 exclusive items lol, also we already have a few edited items, how about items exclusive for Ultima server??