[RPGXP] Project Sesilou Into the World! (Test Demo)

R.A.V.S.O

mc500o.png

"Becoming a D-SOLDIER was only the first step, success at it's task is another thing."

STORY:

They say there is more than one universe.... a theory attempts to prove the existence of multiple if not infinite clusters

of universes each separated by a fragile blanket of space continuum... until now.

A former organization of scientists, mercenaries and engineers also known as the Dimensional Soldiers (D-SOLDIERS)

has begun experimentation on a dimension travel facility capable of warping it's passengers into an alternate dimension,

This facility has been dubbed as: "The Dimensional Arc"

as promising as such technology appears, dimension travel itself is random and unpredictable, and under improper hands downright dangerous.

Project Sesilou into the World commences just as the dimensional arc is facing completion and becomes fully operational, fellow D-SOLDIER trainee Sesilou readies himself to become a full fledged D-SOLDIER and plunge into the unknown....

what awaits for him in the dark corners of the fabric of reality?

what are the D-SOLDIERS intentions?

(A brief note for the user: storyline is still on beta, and thus can be openly discussed via PM's or another post, however this section will include default story-line until changed..)

What YOU get in this demo:

Ok so this demo has no story-line or that many maps.... it's rather a demo to test consistency, some features, get a feel for the battle system, and possibly (here's hoping) a good way to attract people into making a development team for this project, it's a rather moderate project, possible to do alone but will take time, then again feel free to always PM any constructive criticism you may have, there is ALWAYS room for that sort of things... anyways moving on.

CHARACTERS:

2mxr9ls.png

Sesilou:

SEX: Male

CLASS: D-SOLDIER Trainee

SPECIALTY: Combat & Reverse-Engineering

BACKGROUND HISTORY:

Sesilou at the age of 17 was a student in a very backwatered high-school, not being the sharpest tool in the box he resorted to mostly skip the boring old lectures given at class-time and avoid the most despised grade A student group (a.k.a the cool kids club) although despising the fact that he had to endure the daily teases of both teachers and other students Sesilou always let his mind wander off thinking of his affinity for the technology,

On a fateful Sunday, after being exposed to a synthetic wormhole Sesilou's class and his younger sister are dematerialized and scattered throughout many different dimensions, After re-materialization he finds himself marooned in a continent of sorts, having no idea on what exactly is Sesilou's location nor the wherabouts of his sister or fellow friends Sesilou decides to move about in that strange continent where both the ancient and the futuristic collides, eventually after managing to track down 2 of his friends Sesilou is assisted by a fellow campaign of dimension travelers known as "D-Soldiers" a private military regimen, Sesilou is gladly accepted and is prompted into training before enabling him the use of dimension travel...

2zflmpx.png

Achim "The Gunner"

SEX: Male

CLASS: Gunner

SPECIALTY: Long-Range Combat & Enemy shield diffusion.

BACKGROUND HISTORY:

Achim was one of the first selection of D-Soldier trainees to become selected into the dimensional arc project due to his first class combat and tactical operation results, at one point before recruiting Sesilou, Achim once double-crossed Sesilou in order to save his fellow city from an enemy attack later only to break Sesilou out of jail, "according to plan", as the years went by Achim began to trust more in Sesilou to become a D-SOLDIERS someday...

little is known about who he was before being recruited by the D-SOLDIERS.

20pwt29.png

SABRINA:

SEX: Female

CLASS: D-SOLDIER Support

SPECIALTY: CQC & First Aid Tactics

BACKGROUND HISTORY:

Sabrina was one of Sesilou's close friends when he was a student at the high school, she boasted promising skills at class and always managed to impress class-mates (Sesilou included) with her thesis and work of any subject given to her,

after the worm-hole accident, sabrina is taken into slavery and eventually sent into a nearby town as a maid,

eventually she caught word Sesilou was looking for his lost friends, Sabrina manages to break free and make a run for it,

once reunited with Sesilou and her fellow class-mates she decides to stick with Sesilou and Achim to become a D-Soldier so she could gain the strengh and willpower to stand up and locate both Sesilou's and her missing class-mates.

FEATURES:

(Quick note here, some features are still WIP and yet to be included but are mostly planned but not yet added

just because it's labeled as a WIP does not make it a hollow promise)

-Front-view Active Time Battle System

-Ring Menu, (similar to Secret of Mana)

-[WIP] Item Metamorphosis, (several items change according to environments, ex: potions freeze in icy areas)

-Fake First Person View

-[WIP] Storyline in chapters

-[WIP] Alternate Realities, (each place you visit has up to 3 possible alternate realities, each reality with it's own chapter, they include new maps and in some cases changes to the gameplay)

-Bosses you will probably die at if you plain start spamming the C key for an easy win.

-Interactive Environments, (this will develop a LOT more in the final product)

-[WIP] Password System (inputting a password in a new game gives you a different plot-line)

-[WIP] Custom animations (I've had some ready for the demo but lost them, I'll eventually add them accordingly)

SCREENSHOTS:

These screenshots are taken from the demo, I'll eventually update as I map along.

ring menu

20jqve9.png

Fake First person view

9i5jiv.png

The corridor to the core

2cwkdg8.png

The Intrusion Defense System

adhzyt.png

Front-view Battle System

j95369.png

Boss encounters:

358pg0w.png

DEMO DOWNLOAD:

Weights approximately 70 Mb,

link: http://www.mediafire...7ey4yt4qa86d98w

CREDITS:

The credits can be seen in-game by either talking to the credits NPC in the hub or clearing the demo

the list is still on beta and can change accordingly as this project takes shape.

enjoy the demo! ;)

Edited by R.A.V.S.O
  • Like 2

I played the previous demo and it was hella hard xD

I'll try this one out when I'm back.

Anyways, nice job^^

Well i tried the first boss (or i dunno what it was :P) and i saw a couple of things that makes me think that you are a chrono trigger fan :P, it looks cool ravso, after i defeated the boss or whatever he was, i went to heal and save and he appeared again, don't know if that is meant to happen.