If PSO returns to the xbox...

spade88

Hello , Welcome to the community. now let me express my point of view.

I have to admit im not a fan of Xbox but in the other hand im a big Old fan of PSO, and it would be very cool to have PSO in as many diferent

consoles as possible, but everything has a cost , to do this sega would have to reopen their servers to support this clients.

and to be honest we all know that sega don't care anymore about PSO. Beside i don't see why if you have a computer don't just play the BlueBurst version.

is free, and you already found a server and a great community here.

why wait to something happens "who knows when" and it wont ever happen in my opinion.

and if this topic is just based in the " IF " , then in my personla opinion i prefer thousand time the bluebusrt then Xbox

Edited by Larva

Hello , Welcome to the community. now let me express my point of view.

I have to admit im not a fan of Xbox but in the other hand im a big Old fan of PSO, and it would be very cool to have PSO in as many diferent

consoles as possible, but everything has a cost , to do this sega would have to reopen their servers to support this clients.

and to be honest we all know that sega don't care anymore about PSO. Beside i don't see why if you have a computer don't just play the BlueBurst version.

is free, and you already found a server and a great community here.

why wait to something happens "who knows when" and it wont ever happen in my opinion.

and if this topic is just based in the " IF " , then in my personla opinion i prefer thousand time the bluebusrt then Xbox

thank you for welcoming me :)

This actually is not a what if question, and no your right sega will not bring this title back, but PSOR will be.

PSOR will be posting a kickstarter project soon, and when the goal is met then the project will be underway when properly funded.

I refuse to play BB only because PSO was never meant to be played on the PC, and is a console born video game.. (poor excuse but its how I feel)

Check out the IGN blog on PSOR: http://www.ign.com/blogs/spade88/2012/05/28/phantasy-star-online-episode-1-and-2-xbox/

I'm not sure I follow when you say porting...?

PSO is not backwards capable on the xbox360, and on the original xbox the PSO does not have a system link like halo so you can't use XBConnect to play online through LAN connections.

port the game to the "Xbox 360 live arcade" sega have done it with almost all the classic sonic games from Genesis - dreacast, sega is even porting some stupid HD jet grind radio on the arcade so why not PSO. also what is the point the game is old and die along time ago, it would be nice if it was on the xbox arcade.

or if sega is stupid and wants to lose more money they can make a new release copy of pso1 on the xbox360.

http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/05/13/sega-reports-large-profit-losses/

port the game to the "Xbox 360 live arcade" sega have done it with almost all the classic sonic games from Genesis - dreacast, sega is even porting some stupid HD jet grind radio on the arcade so why not PSO. also what is the point the game is old and die along time ago, it would be nice if it was on the xbox arcade.

or if sega is stupid and wants to lose more money they can make a new release copy of pso1 on the xbox360.

http://geek.pikimal....-profit-losses/

PSO of the original Xbox is still very much alive thanks to the offline features still remaining, and is the same age as its GameCube counter part.

I doubt This game will ever have backwards capabilities on the xbox 360, but only time will tell.

PSOR is trying to save PSO, because they believe in supporting a cause that will make a difference....

How long will it be for PSO2 to last online before its time is cut, I see no offline features for it even mentioned....

If SCHTServ can have open servers for past PSO titles then I believe PSOR will make it as well......but they will need a bigger push to keep moving forward

http://phantasystaro...e.4umotion.com/

Edited by spade88

omg im done with this topic its stupid. just port the dam game on the XBLA and done why the fuk whould they have to make a shitty fake server if sega just can port the game to the 360. look up port cus it seems you dont understand the meaning

omg im done with this topic its stupid. just port the dam game on the XBLA and done why the fuk whould they have to make a shitty fake server if sega just can port the game to the 360. look up port cus it seems you dont understand the meaning

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

I know what porting is

PSO on the original xbox is not backwards compatible with the xbox360 (so yes a private server is now needed) - http://www.gamefaqs....wers?qid=124371

(PSO video game from the original xbox cannot play on the xbox 360 because it's not backwards capable)

Edited by spade88

if they were to port it they could fix it you act like microsoft and sega are stupid it seems like you have no idea how a xbox360 works god dam dude.

"In computer science, porting is the process of adapting software so that an executable program can be created for a computing environment that is different from the one for which it was originally designed (e.g. different CPU, operating system, or third party library). The term is also used when software/hardware is changed to make them usable in different environments."

"Porting is also the term used when a video game designed to run on one platform, be it an arcade, video game console, or personal computer, is converted to run on a different platform. Earlier video game "ports" were often not true ports, but rather reworked versions of the games. However, more and more video games are now being developed using software that can output code for one or more consoles as well as for a PC without the need for actual porting. Many early ports suffered significant gameplay quality issues because the hardware of PCs and consoles differed so dramatically."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porting

porting the game on the 360 isnt a problem. and you can use your old sega IDs and your old xbox gamertag

if they were to port it they could fix it you act like microsoft and sega are stupid it seems like you have no idea how a xbox360 works god dam dude.

"In computer science, porting is the process of adapting software so that an executable program can be created for a computing environment that is different from the one for which it was originally designed (e.g. different CPU, operating system, or third party library). The term is also used when software/hardware is changed to make them usable in different environments."

"Porting is also the term used when a video game designed to run on one platform, be it an arcade, video game console, or personal computer, is converted to run on a different platform. Earlier video game "ports" were often not true ports, but rather reworked versions of the games. However, more and more video games are now being developed using software that can output code for one or more consoles as well as for a PC without the need for actual porting. Many early ports suffered significant gameplay quality issues because the hardware of PCs and consoles differed so dramatically."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porting

porting the game on the 360 isnt a problem. and you can use your old sega IDs and your old xbox gamertag

Their not going to port it, so another method needs to be taken.....that is what i was trying to tell you

ok im saying if sega did care they could "witch they dont" and no stupid kick starter gonna help

I beg to differ, the kickstarter project will help.......At least PSOR is doing something instead of just talking about it...

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS.....

Examples of small projects that went big, and they had their share of doubters:

- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fine-adventure

- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns

all thos game were really huge and when you can play pso on the pc no1 wont care for a stupid xbox server.

and im sure xbox wont bring back live for one game cus then we would have stupid crap like a kickstart for halo2 xbox server. witch i bet has a better fan base then pso

all thos game were really huge and when you can play pso on the pc no1 wont care for a stupid xbox server.

and im sure xbox wont bring back live for one game cus then we would have stupid crap like a kickstart for halo2 xbox server. witch i bet has a better fan base then pso

Their is nothing wrong with that at all, kickstarter was built for funding small and big projects alike....be as bis as you want

Sega/M$ wont be bringing PSO back, however PSOR has plans to......

And those games on kickstarter were not huge at all at the start, your seeing the finished product as of now on each one of their pages (before they were not that detailed or planned out)

You should really take a look at that website, PSORs idea of bringing back PSO on the xbox is very doable. People will come back if it becomes backwards capable for the xbox 360 and its 90 million xbox live users...

I'm sorry did you forget to add that figure in or did you assume xbox live only had 2 million or less users...(90 million and growing)

Your pc community is dying where xboxs community on both systems has always grown in size......

Try and understand where PSOR is coming from, before you shoot down a good idea......but as I always say "To each their own"....food for thought

Edited by spade88

ok 1st of "kid" dont talk to me like im not a Xbox live gamer. you dont know who i am i been on the Xbox Live Community from DAY1. the PC gamer community can suck a fat one. and i went to that stupid forums and wow "your a admin" stop trying to advertise your shitty PSOR and your shitty kickstarter. like i said b4 microsoft isnt gonna let some random ppl bring back a server on there system. play the dam pc psobb and stfu. stop trying advertising PSOR and the forums your admin on.

"NOT MY WORDS"

what are you talking about all those kickstarter where already established before they did kickstarter double fine established company shadowrun established series wasteland classic pc game that inspires the fallout series and made by Brian Fargo who created interplay which interplay made fallout

"NOT MY WORDS"

21e0wau.jpg

sega doesnt give 2 shits about PSO and nor does MS, with PSU and PSO2 comming PSOR isnt gonna happen so stfu

• Like 1

ok 1st of "kid" dont talk to me like im not a Xbox live gamer. you dont know who i am i been on the Xbox Live Community from DAY1. the PC gamer community can suck a fat one. and i went to that stupid forums and wow "your a admin" stop trying to advertise your shitty PSOR and your shitty kickstarter. like i said b4 microsoft isnt gonna let some random ppl bring back a server on there system. play the dam pc psobb and stfu. stop trying advertising PSOR and the forums your admin on.

"NOT MY WORDS"

what are you talking about all those kickstarter where already established before they did kickstarter double fine established company shadowrun established series wasteland classic pc game that inspires the fallout series and made by Brian Fargo who created interplay which interplay made fallout

"NOT MY WORDS"

21e0wau.jpg

sega doesnt give 2 shits about PSO and nor does MS, with PSU and PSO2 comming PSOR isnt gonna happen so stfu

LOL NOT MY WORDS You are right tho Edited by XavierPalmore

"NOT MY WORDS"

"NOT MY WORDS"

21e0wau.jpg

Your good at smear campigns i'll give ya that, but I'm not starting anything on here that will show bad conduct on my part.

Please stop referring to me as a kid since i'm 25, I feel as if you have no respect what so ever....or is that just me

I think I self explained this project pretty well, and its only about phantasy star online episode 1 and 2 for the original xbox...we are not talking about the other versions..

We are well aware Sega/M$ are not bringing this game back to xbox live, which is why PSOR is attempting to bring it back instead before launching on kickstarter..

Is it just be or does it feel like I have committed some chaotic crime that I'm not even aware of...

Support it, don't support it......not spamming the boards..................I wasn't talking down to you so why do you feel you can talk down to me..

I have nothing but respect for another PSO fan, and I would hope you would show me the same kind of respect in return

Edited by spade88