pwand+23% not 30

Is it just me or is the increase of RA tech level effectiveness from pwand a mere 23% instead of 30%? I was glad to notice a DFP bonus of 90 points instead of 50 though. Is it a server thing?

Also, I recently "borrowed" (for real I promise! ^^; ) a motav and the effectiveness seemed increased by a fucking 15% instead of 20?! I was like WTF?! Can anyone confirm this?

• Like 2

Is it just me or is the increase of RA tech level effectiveness from pwand a mere 23% instead of 30%? I was glad to notice a DFP bonus of 90 points instead of 50 though. Is it a server thing?

Also, I recently "borrowed" (for real I promise! ^^; ) a motav and the effectiveness seemed increased by a fucking 15% instead of 20?! I was like WTF?! Can anyone confirm this?

it did seem that way when we was playing - (I was the one who let him use the motav to calculate the %) and i think the % is what clown is saying or really close to it.

Edited by OMEGA9988

Ok I redid the experiment: rafoie on bootas; 399 without pwand and 491 with. I take my calculator and mustiply 399 byt A,23 and fall on 490. so there may be numbers behind the coma and all but it still seems to be roughly close to 23%. Same goes for my 3 seals (which boosts only razonde on this server it appears), my razonde does the same with only pwand or only 3 seals. However, the occasional grants bonus from Mother Garb + is really 30%.

• Like 1

What weapon are you using that isn't pwand to test this? If that has a minor boost to it, it could be causing this to happen.

Edited by Choko

Humm choko has his point. If is a server error we need further details to fix it

I'm going to check the stats for mothergrab and compare it with pwand, even do I need more details

Edited by Larva

Choko, what do you mean "what weapon are you using that isn't pwand to test this?"? I use pwand and mg+, i'll check without mg+ to see if it become stronger. (still meaning there is a problem). Larva, what details do you ask? more examples? ok

By that I meant what is your control in this experiment?

For example, you equip pwand and use rafoie 10 times and list the damage and average it.

You then unequip pwand (and equip another weapon?) and cast rafoie 10 times and list the damage and average that.

With mother garb+ it is easier to test as you can just keep the same weapon equipped both times (something without a tech boost present would be best though).

You should also not use any other tech boosting equipment such as mother garb+ when testing this either. If you tested pwands increase when you had mother garb+ equipped then if the base of the damage should have been 100 (to keep it simple) then it would be 130 without pwand and 160 with it as it would simply add to it and not compound the increase. Going from 130 to 160 would be a 23.077% increase, which is very close to what you have suggested which leads me to believe these tests were conducted when you had a mother garb+ equipped.

I could be wrong though, so could you explain your method of determining these % increases in detail?

One, mg+ is supposed too occasionally boost grants only and pwand RA techs only.

Two, the numbers do not vary at all with the same equipment from one spell to another. This is valid for physical attacks only. Are you sure you have played as a force?

Example: Ze Boota. RAbarta deals 388 without pwand or mg+. 388 with mg+ only. 478 with both mg+and pwand. 478 with only pwand and no mg+.

I take my calculator to multiply 388 by 1,3 (+30%) and fall on 504,4. I multiply 388 by 1,23 (+23%) and fall on 477,24.

So that's it, I have given enough details I hope. It would be great if this was fixed because getting a pwand is much hassle. Also for Motav, this increase should be of 20% not around 15%. Or else not much point wielding one even for a fonewearl. Those items are very rare and that they would deliver their promises would be appreciated. Please give feedback. Thank you.

Oh yeah, since you're able to equip a mother garb+ I presume you are doing this on a FOnewm who gets a 30% boost to ra techs which would in turn use the same numbers I used in the above example.

100 base 130 (fonewm boost which is what you see as base) and 160 pwand boost.

In your case it would be 298 base 388 FOnewm boost and 478 FOnewm+pwand boost. It is 30% since it is added onto the original boost and not compounded.